I'm trying to understand why we are still mocking edge rushers.

AcGbPacker

16 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Oh honey, the Patriots are the Patriots because they have the greatest coach in football history, who also happens to be one of if not the greatest defensive minds in NFL history.

He's also their GM. Don't leave that part out, otherwise you give the impression he's hamstrung by a guy whose personnel management isn't what he wants for his roster.

He's getting his own groceries and quite notably isn't throwing lots of resources into acquiring/retaining top-flight EDGE guys.

Let's make a deal; if the Packers get Bill Belichick to run their defense, we'll stop mocking EDGE rushers.

So we should go along with the rest of the hare-brained league, which is trying to figure out how to stop the Pats, not that team which has broken said league? No thanks.

Also -- I won't be too snotty about it because you're not that other prick, but --, you should really look into the rosters of teams that have had Mike Pettine (our current D-Coord) as DC/HC and how they've drafted. Hint: you lot should be valuing DBs -- particularly CBs -- the way you value EDGE. His best defenses have "starred" guys like Calvin Pace and Quinton Coples at EDGE.

15 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

He's also their GM. Don't leave that part out, otherwise you give the impression he's hamstrung by a guy whose personnel management isn't what he wants for his roster.

He's getting his own groceries and quite notably isn't throwing lots of resources into acquiring/retaining top-flight EDGE guys.

So we should go along with the rest of the hare-brained league, which is trying to figure out how to stop the Pats, not that team which has broken said league? No thanks.

Also -- I won't be too snotty about it because you're not that other prick, but --, you should really look into the rosters of teams that have had Mike Pettine (our current D-Coord) as DC/HC and how they've drafted. Hint: you lot should be valuing DBs -- particularly CBs -- the way you value EDGE. His best defenses have "starred" guys like Calvin Pace and Quinton Coples at EDGE.

You say toxic hey. 

So did our DC pick those guys or grow them. I would say DL is likely a target for us and S.