incog's 2019 GB Draft Tiers

incognito_man

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just based on numbers too, honestly doesn't even really flash that much in his highlights. Really don't want him with one of our firsts. Hoping better guys are there.

IMO, whatever tier you have Metcalf in, you should have Gary in since they're the same guy at two unrelated positions.  Both are freaky athletes who didn't really do it in college but you are hoping they can do it in the NFL.  I see no reason to believe, absent information on scheme and fit, why one guy is more likely to hit than the other one.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

IMO, whatever tier you have Metcalf in, you should have Gary in since they're the same guy at two unrelated positions.  Both are freaky athletes who didn't really do it in college but you are hoping they can do it in the NFL.  I see no reason to believe, absent information on scheme and fit, why one guy is more likely to hit than the other one.

I really don't like either of them, but think pure athleticism can get you further at EDGE than at WR, too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I really don't like either of them, but think pure athleticism can get you further at EDGE than at WR, too.

We definitely have more examples of edge players with low college production becoming good NFL players (Clay Matthews and Danielle Hunter, for example) than we do WRs.  Like even with Reggie Ball as his QB, Calvin Johnson balled out in college.

5 hours ago, James Lofton said:

Double threat. Great tape. Great combine. But only produced like a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Because he was never an ILB in a 3-4. He was a true chase will backer in every sense. His first two years in the league playing that position in Bob Sanders defense he was a stud in every sense of the word. His career path looked like a probable perennial pro bowler. The switch to the alignments and schemes that Capers ran killed that. Hawk wasn't a good fit to bang inside against guards running free because the the front four was flying to the QB. He needed to be shaded outside, chasing the play down and playing zone in the flats. Unfortunately that's how things go sometimes. Capers wasn't going to adjust his defense to fit an off the ball LB and he shouldn't have. Sometimes the price of success is a great player's career. Would any one trade that Super Bowl for Hawk having a better career? 

• Like 1

I agree with incog on Nick Bosa. Overrated prospect. high floor player, there is no way he will bust, but his athleticism isn't as great as people think and he's got short arms. Brian Burns is my EDGE1 

seen SF mocked to get Bosa all over the place but they should go with Quinnen Williams imo, more upside 

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

I agree with incog on Nick Bosa. Overrated prospect. high floor player, there is no way he will bust, but his athleticism isn't as great as people think and he's got short arms. Brian Burns is my EDGE1. Seen SF mocked to get Bosa all over the place but they should go with Quinnen Williams imo, more upside 

Perhaps Bosa's "Twitter issue" will lead them to do that.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:14 AM, persiandud said:

I agree with incog on Nick Bosa. Overrated prospect. high floor player, there is no way he will bust, but his athleticism isn't as great as people think and he's got short arms. Brian Burns is my EDGE1 

seen SF mocked to get Bosa all over the place but they should go with Quinnen Williams imo, more upside 

This can't be the TJ Watt discussion all over again...