incog's 2019 GB Draft Tiers

incognito_man

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I am rewatching Harry because I haven't watched him in awhile. Just remember being high on him and thinking he was worth a pick in the 20s.

If we came away with Bush and Harry I would expect additional picks as well moving down from 12. Wouldn't be ideal. I'd rather have Butler and Simmons using our 3rd to trade up instead.

Yeah I would be okay with Bush, a little disappointed at 12 though. But Fant or Hockenson at 30 would be great. I really don't see any difference between MVS and Moore compared to Harry.

Just now, deathstar said:

I mean you know you're being controversial but really the draft never plays out like anyone expects so why not? 

If it's being controversial to say a top 5 guy looks more like a top 25 guy then so be it i guess. I don't really care.

1 minute ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Yeah I would be okay with Bush, a little disappointed at 12 though. But Fant or Hockenson at 30 would be great. I really don't see any difference between MVS and Moore compared to Harry.

12 for Bush is bad value. 26 for Bush is better. Hock at 30 is good value. Fant at 30 is exceptional value.

Harry is probably as strong as both MVS and Moore together and waayyy better RAC than either. Very different game. Moore is slippery with insane feet and COD. Harry is more Anquan Boldin, but a little faster.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

12 for Bush is bad value. 26 for Bush is better. Hock at 30 is good value. Fant at 30 is exceptional value.

Harry is probably as strong as both MVS and Moore together and waayyy better RAC than either. Very different game. Moore is slippery with insane feet and COD. Harry is more Anquan Boldin, but a little faster.

I know Harry is on a different level but Moore has been hitting the weights this off season. He’s reaching swole status for a young WR.

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

If it's being controversial to say a top 5 guy looks more like a top 25 guy then so be it i guess. I don't really care.

You make a post specifically about how you rank players, put a consensus top 2 player as almost a bust and don’t expect it to be controversial? 

Like I said - I appreciate putting out different ideas. Thanks for putting these thoughts out there.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't think you have to worry about Boss's testing numbers. You can trust bloodlines in scouting IMO. Joey didn't test out of this world either.

the 3-cone delta is what stands out to me most between the two.

Nick is just average there. I don't remember, but I'd guess Joey looked more fluid/bendy around the edge when he was at Ohio St.

8 minutes ago, deathstar said:

You make a post specifically about how you rank players, put a consensus top 2 player as almost a bust and don’t expect it to be controversial? 

huh? no I didn't...lol

just kidding. yes I did.

Relative to his consensus slot anyway. Still would take him at end of round 1 though.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just watched a few more ILBs.

I would have believed you if you told me Blake Cashman was the best LB in this class.

NOt sure about best ILB, but best value for ILB might be a fair statement.

Not smart enough with regard to Bosa, but you do have to take into account surrounding cast when judging talent. Having very talented teammates around you can cover up some of your warts. Scheme as well. Not saying that's the case here, but it has happened before .... cough cough .... not gonna open that can of worms .... cough cough

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Tier 1 - Trade up from 12

Quinnen Williams

Josh Allen

Joey Bosa

Tier 2 - Take at 12

Ed Oliver

Jawaan Taylor

Rashan Gary (could pass on him too)

Andre Dillard

Tier 3 - Trade down from 12. I wouldn't trade up from 30 for anybody but the guys in first two tiers

Brian Burns

Montez Sweat

TJ Hockenson

Devin White

Noah Fant

Tier 4 - Take at 30 or trade down

Jeffrey Simmons - only because he's going to miss at least half the season

Greedy Williams

Dalton Risner

Devin Bush

Clelin ferrell

Busts - Guys I've watched I don't like at all

Any WR in round 1 (not that they aren't worthy, I just don't want to go there in round 1.)

Jonah Williams (going to be a guard)

Pretty much how I see it as well.  If all Tier 2 guys are gone but  Fant,  Hock, and Burns are all available at 12 perhaps Gutey trades back just a few spots.  Say Washington for an additional 3rd.  Use that 3rd to jump back up from 30.  All Tier 1 guys will be long gone. Don't think we have any shot at them.

Archived