incog's 2019 GB Draft Tiers

incognito_man

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No concerns about the concentration/hands?

Of course, given the quantity, but I think he naturally catches correctly, big hands catchers.  A guy like Metcalf worries me more because I think he needs some decent correction in his fundamentals to avoid future drops.  

Drops can be a bit like sacks, can be a bit misleading and maybe not as representative for future projection.  Just my two cents though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Of course, given the quantity, but I think he naturally catches correctly, big hands catchers.  A guy like Metcalf worries me more because I think he needs some decent correction in his fundamentals to avoid future drops.  

Drops can be a bit like sacks, can be a bit misleading and maybe not as representative for future projection.  Just my two cents though.

What does Metcalf fundamentally do wrong catching the ball?

10 hours ago, cannondale said:

So now we're going WR at 30 and Isabella at 44 ?? >:(

Major rumor on Isabella is we want him with our third. Arizona may take him with pick 65.

The debate in GB is really whether we are willing to jump AR and spend a two on him.

My personal hope: we take a falling Parris Campbell at 44 instead. Reality-- Parris may be gone at 22 to Baltimore. 

The only thing standing in the way: Baltimore can't draft and develop WR and they go with DK Metcalf instead.

But I see the WRs ranked this way for GB:

Parris Campbell

AJ Brown

Isabella

Everyone else (day 3) -- lot a guys here. 

These three guys can get day one reps. Isabella is obviously the saviest and most interesting. I just am Leary of the size and his hands (he dropped two at the combine), but he hits it out if the park on most other boxes to check. Parris? My big question is how much he "wants it" and loves football, but his ceiling is Percy Harvin and would be scary with Arod. Brown? High floor, lower ceiling.

Don't think Arod has ever had a weapon like Campbell. Isabella is option two. I don't see any other Day 1-2 receivers having that huge an impact with current wide receiver room (and a hole/ question mark at slot).

10 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Yes.

This

There are drops and there are drops.

Sometimes it's just concentration, small corrections, fixable stuff (I think that's Butler). Other times the hands are not soft or natural. To me it seems DK has bad hands. Whereas Harry and Butler have some of the most amazing catches I have ever seen in college football. Basketball players really -- and Harry at least almost went NBA. JJAW's parents are profesional BBall players and he has the best hands in the draft as I see it. But some of DK's drops are scary ugly.

I like AJ Brown way better than Metcalf...I like Isabella, but also really like some day 3 guys like Keeshawn Johnson, Hunter Renfrow, and others.

I wonder if GB is debating between Oliver and Sweat at #12...Maybe neither will be available...I think Sweat fits what they want to do at OLB soooo well. 

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

What does Metcalf fundamentally do wrong catching the ball?

Just from my untrained eye, doesn’t come back to the ball, let’s it get into his body too often, doesn’t always keep his hands together, thumbs up too often.

With Butler, it seems like, he gets the ball out of the air with his hands, comes back to the ball better, index fingers together and fingers to the sky.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Just from my untrained eye, doesn’t come back to the ball, let’s it get into his body too often, doesn’t always keep his hands together, thumbs up too often.

With Butler, it seems like, he gets the ball out of the air with his hands, comes back to the ball better, index fingers together and fingers to the sky.

I would be more concerned about someone using their hands correctly and still dropping it, with regards to Butler. For Metcalf - I guess I’ll take a look and see if I notice what you’re talking about.

25 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I would be more concerned about someone using their hands correctly and still dropping it, with regards to Butler. For Metcalf - I guess I’ll take a look and see if I notice what you’re talking about.

Small sample size here, but 1:05, great adjustment and catch, but looks like the ball hits him square in the chest.

1:49, just floats and waits for the ball to come to his stomach, gotta be more aggressive and come and get that, almost a pick 6 because he doesn't contend for it.  And you can see it in the 2nd view, palms up, thumbs out.

2:15 amazing catch,  2nd replay is better, but I think he will have better success in the NFL against much better talent it if he turns more into the ball and has fingers up, thumbs down, instead of turning away from the ball, thumbs up.  Bit of a late adjustment, so hard to say on this one, but a late adjustment can be another can of worms to open.

2:42, again, result fantastic, but can be better, not sure if that will cut it against NFL comp.  Doesn't really adjust well enough and has to do another palms up scoop catch

3:31, hands look better, but he just waits for the ball and looks like it gets into his chest again.

3:40, he can do it, this one is great, why I still have a 1st round grade on him without knowing a lick about his medical red, but just doesn't seem like this is the way he wants to catch when he has the option. 

I am certainly no scout or anything, so I'm not going to pound the table on any of this, just what I see, but I am often wrong.