incog's 2019 GB Draft Tiers

incognito_man

15 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

They were in the playoffs last year. Their offense was the problem.

They let go two guys who were pretty much finished. They have  up and coming replacements for Z Smith and Mosely is getting overpaid/overrated. Not sure there's going to be much drop off. But they need some serious help at receiver.

My bad. They were in the playoffs, don't know what I was misremembering.....

But their defense is getting blown up.  Two guys?  I assume you're referring to Suggs and Weddle.  How about Mosely and ZSmith? I would bet they are addressing Edge early in the draft because every NFL team needs them. Like some one posted earlier....you won't find anyone who has enough of them.

Edited by Dubz41
mentalpaws

4 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

My bad. They were in the playoffs, don't know what I was misremembering.....

But their defense is getting blown up.  Two guys?  I assume you're referring to Suggs and Weddle.  How about Mosely and ZSmith?

Smith and Suggs have replacements on the roster already. They are constantly drafting guys to replace at 0lb.  Weddle I had forgotten. Don't know what they plan at safety, but the rest is easy to see. I was talking about Flacco.

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

Smith and Suggs have replacements on the roster already. They are constantly drafting guys to replace at 0lb.  Weddle I had forgotten. Don't know what they plan at safety, but the rest is easy to see. I was talking about Flacco.

They just picked up Earl Thomas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

I think they signed a pretty good one to replace Weddle.  

https://ebonybird.com/2019/03/14/ravens-sign-earl-thomas-3-big-things/

Edited by vegas492
Dammit Leader! :)
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Butler/MVS on the boundaries

Adams in the slot

Graham inline

Williams in pro

Interesting comment by Adams...... could  be more of EQ outside too.........it means only one thing. Obvious!! Hock with the twelve and move up for Jacobs at 21 ;)

Even better. Trade ahead of Detroit , giving up a future one to steal Hock  /irony

Edited by JaireAlex
irony alert for incgnito

5 hours ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Small sample size here, but 1:05, great adjustment and catch, but looks like the ball hits him square in the chest.

1:49, just floats and waits for the ball to come to his stomach, gotta be more aggressive and come and get that, almost a pick 6 because he doesn't contend for it.  And you can see it in the 2nd view, palms up, thumbs out. 

2:15 amazing catch,  2nd replay is better, but I think he will have better success in the NFL against much better talent it if he turns more into the ball and has fingers up, thumbs down, instead of turning away from the ball, thumbs up.  Bit of a late adjustment, so hard to say on this one, but a late adjustment can be another can of worms to open.

2:42, again, result fantastic, but can be better, not sure if that will cut it against NFL comp.  Doesn't really adjust well enough and has to do another palms up scoop catch

3:31, hands look better, but he just waits for the ball and looks like it gets into his chest again.

3:40, he can do it, this one is great, why I still have a 1st round grade on him without knowing a lick about his medical red, but just doesn't seem like this is the way he wants to catch when he has the option. 

I am certainly no scout or anything, so I'm not going to pound the table on any of this, just what I see, but I am often wrong. 

I just had a chance to review your comments here with the video and I think that we'll have to agree to disagree on some of these things being negatives (or positives for that matter). It's very difficult to evaluate some of these things without the coach's film. 

3 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Interesting comment by Adams...... could  be more of EQ outside too.........it means only one thing. Obvious!! Hock with the twelve and move up for Jacobs at 21 ;)

Man, now you are just out to hurt me!  :D

All kidding aside, I don't think you move up for a running back who job shared and couldn't crack 4.6 in the 40.  Lacy was a better back coming out, ran under 4.6 (though just barely) and he went to us in the second round.  End of round 2, if I'm remembering things correctly.  Can't remember exactly, but I think we traded back and still got him.  Pick 60ish?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Man, now you are just out to hurt me!  :D

All kidding aside, I don't think you move up for a running back who job shared and couldn't crack 4.6 in the 40.  Lacy was a better back coming out, ran under 4.6 (though just barely) and he went to us in the second round.  End of round 2, if I'm remembering things correctly.  Can't remember exactly, but I think we traded back and still got him.  Pick 60ish?

That foot was why Lacy dropped. my favorite back in the league since he came out and esp for the finesse Packers. And I edited to make clear I was being ironic. But I'd be very happy with any weapon they get for Rodgers in round one or two.  The whole organization top to bottom is going to be helping Rodgers with the new chip on his shoulder. I foresee a monster season for him. They will bring some top help for the line or a weapon or both .....early.

29 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I just had a chance to review your comments here with the video and I think that we'll have to agree to disagree on some of these things being negatives (or positives for that matter). It's very difficult to evaluate some of these things without the coach's film. 

Yep, definitely fair, I don't really know right from wrong and certainly not trying to convince others I do.  Just sharing my opinions and thoughts on the matter. 

Just now, BrettFavre004 said:

Yep, definitely fair, I don't really know right from wrong and certainly not trying to convince others I do.  Just sharing my opinions and thoughts on the matter. 

I understand. I see you're a fellow Waldman fan. He's got a good video highlighting a bit of what you're talking about w/ DK from last summer. 

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would have to think long and hard about Jacobs at 44, and would probably pass.  I'd probably take him at 75 pending how the board looks; only RB I would consider before round 4.

You've got to think that Gute looks at Jones and Williams on our roster before thinking about drafting another average athlete at the position.