Arron jones

AcGbPacker

3 minutes ago, AcGbPacker said:

What is Matt LaFleur going to do with the guy. I think he is a good player, but the body of work is not there. Suspensions, injury, has hurt him. What are your thoughts. I think it is a need going into the draft.

It is a need, yes, but Aaron Jones still has a substantial role on this team. I imagine he'll split time with a draftee, and when one of them gets injured, JWill will step in just fine 

Listened to the Rodgers interview today.  Wilde asked him if any guys looked more ripped than last year.  The 2 guys he mentioned were Williams and Jones.  So there you go.  Williams isn't a very dynamic runner Jones is.  No don't think he can be a bell cow but part of a rotation.  Agree we need another RB to take some reps.

I'm a long time follower, new to commenting. It seems like the third round is a favorite spot for teams to look at running backs, but maybe the Packers' need isn't that high. Any thoughts on running backs like James Williams or Evan Holyfielf later in Rounds Five or Six or do we pick one sooner?

8 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Jones is a stud .. just have to hope he can stay healthy.  He's a 1500 total yard guy if things work out health wise. 

Also heard somewhere that he's put on a little more weight/muscle to help him stay healthy.  Give him 15-20 carries a game and watch this team improve immensely.

7 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

I'm a long time follower, new to commenting. It seems like the third round is a favorite spot for teams to look at running backs, but maybe the Packers' need isn't that high. Any thoughts on running backs like James Williams or Evan Holyfielf later in Rounds Five or Six or do we pick one sooner?

Holyfield only scares me because he ran like a 4.8 40. 

9 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Rb is a bigger need than WR if you ask me

It'll be an RB, TE, slot WR, and tackle in this draft. The hardest by far to get is tackle --- I'm hoping they target Scharping. I think he gives most value with a lot of questions at the second guard spot right now 

But I would definitely be happy with Josh Jacobs (1.20), Isabella (jump Arizona at 3.1) and Sternberger/ Warring / Moreau. In fact we could target these three and come home with a huge draft on defense as well. There are so many unknowns on our present line, we could draft a day three guy and wait til next year after seeing what we have with Spriggs, Madison, Taylor, etc.

But we will no doubt grab another RB somewhere. LaFleur is not going into next year with Jones and Williams. Not that they can't do it. Not at all. There's just injury concerns there. So, we could go Jacobs early or take one of half a dozen underrated prospects in round 3 - 5. Either way I'd be happy.

Aaron Jones is an elite RB on a per touch basis. Injuries are the primary problem here. Jamaal Williams is also perfectly competent. Spending anything more than a day 3 pick on a RB would seem unnecessary to me given a) RBs don't matter almost at all and b) GB already has two that are competent

Archived