Arron jones

AcGbPacker

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If this team drafts a RB at 30, Gute deserves to be fired, and it will be a genuine sign that the organization has significant directional problems and is heading in the wrong direction. 

RBs are 4th round or later.

I bet NO would be happy if they had taken Kamara at 30.

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If this team drafts a RB at 30, Gute deserves to be fired, and it will be a genuine sign that the organization has significant directional problems and is heading in the wrong direction. 

The fact that our top 2 RBs are in the 4th/5th rounds too. 

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I get your point and agree to a degree but think your stretching it a bit. I think you’d agree too it always depends on the player. Knowing what you get with Kamara, he’s not worth a 3rd? Maybe late 2nd?  Also depends on your roster. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, which RB in this class is moonlighting as an NFL caliber receiver?

Maaaaaybe Jacobs. I think MLF wants another good RB. If for some reason he were there for our 3rd I think he’s ours. Questionable about our 2nd or a 2nd if we move back. We did meet with him after all. 

2 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I get your point and agree to a degree but think your stretching it a bit. I think you’d agree too it always depends on the player. Knowing what you get with Kamara, he’s not worth a 3rd? Maybe late 2nd?  Also depends on your roster. 

I don't know how to make the comparison. 1st rounders bust at like a fifty percent rate. Even elite prospects bust with some degree of frequency. If I was given a magical Crystal ball that told me a running back was going to be Kamara at this point in his career, you have to entertain the notion of him being a top 10 pick, just because you know what you're getting. That doesn't mean anything as a comparative barometer. It's just an academic thought exercise.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

oh I didn't realize your comment was class specific. Don't see any in this class worth a 1st at all though, agreed.

It's less class specific and more high value skillset specific. In 99.999% of cases, a guy plays the position most closely aligned with his most valuable skillset. In Kamara's (and McCaffrey's, and a few others) that isn't the case.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't know how to make the comparison. 1st rounders bust at like a fifty percent rate. Even elite prospects bust with some degree of frequency. If I was given a magical Crystal ball that told me a running back was going to be Kamara at this point in his career, you have to entertain the notion of him being a top 10 pick, just because you know what you're getting. That doesn't mean anything as a comparative barometer. It's just an academic thought exercise.

I get that too. My point is it really depends on how it falls and what your team looks like. I loved Kamara and would have been cool with him for Green Bay the round before. Could that have been bad? Sure but heck, it’s all a crap shoot. You’ve got to look at your rankings and draft based on value to your team and if that’s a 2nd round RB then you take him. 

If Gute feels Jacobs has 1st round talent AND he’s factoring position value while taking him at 44, it’s the right choice. However it works out is kind of irrelevant. 

Aaron Jones RAS score...

9.31.  Size is poor.  Speed is elite.  Explosion is elite.  Agility is great.

Jamal Williams RAS score...

4.78.  Size is good.  Speed is okay.  Explosion is okay.  Agility is very poor.

I'd love for GB to find another RB in this draft to push the depth chart.

Archived