Should the Seahawks trade Russell Wilson?

vike daddy

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For an artist like Ciara she’ll have a venue to perform every night if she wanted. 

I'm assuming she's more into modeling and maybe an acting/TV career at this point.  I know she still makes music, but it honestly has not resonated the way it did in the past when she made Goodies, 1 2 Step and Oh.  She made all of those songs in 2004 when she was like 18 or 19.  She hasn't had songs anywhere near the success of one of those since and that was 15 years ago.

As a Rams fan I would kinda love it and hate it. I would love it cause he is so darn good and I hate facing him two times a year. On the other hand I would hate it, cause he is a class act that I like having a Rivalry with.

Seahawks can't trade him, this is a player you pay.

As overrated as I sometimes think RW is, there is simply no way Seattle will allow him to leave that team.  The fact that they have shaved so much payroll over the years means they should have the cap space to accommodate him and there certainly aren't any better QB options floating around right now.

Let me also address the fact that I think RW is overrated by emphasizing that I still rate him as a top-10 QB (possibly top-5) that has almost single-handedly carried the Seahawks on offense the past couple years.  That said, the media has always fawned over him a bit too much IMO and he is absolutely not worth Aaron Rodgers money to me.  Of course the nature of the business is that it doesn't matter whether or not you actually are the best, when your turn comes around in FA you are gonna get PAID, especially if you are a franchise QB like RW (see: Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, Matt Ryan, etc).

13 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Depends on what their goals are.

Do they want to be a fringe playoff team who wins a playoff game every now and then but never wins another Super Bowl? If so, then pay him.

Do they want to suffer for two-three years while building up another QB, but with MUCH better players around him and a larger chance at winning a Super Bowl? If so, then trade him.

You say that like money grows on trees....

Just now, tom cody said:

No. He is that team now. They trade him and it sets them back quite a bit. 

Why do you think he is that team?  Because they paid him. 

Look at the talent they had around him when he was on his rookie contract compared to the talent he had around him when he was on his second contract. 

You pay a QB, and suddenly the talent they had around them to make them look so good isn't maintainable. 

Remember when the Seahawks were a dynasty, gonna be at the top for years and years?  Remember how everybody who said as soon as the Seahawks pay Wilson they'll fall apart was laughed at? 

It happens to literally every single QB who sets that mark. 

The way to win Super Bowls right now is to have a QB married to a supermodel billionaire or to win it on your quarterback's rookie contract. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Why do you think he is that team?  Because they paid him. 

Look at the talent they had around him when he was on his rookie contract compared to the talent he had around him when he was on his second contract. 

You pay a QB, and suddenly the talent they had around them to make them look so good isn't maintainable. 

Remember when the Seahawks were a dynasty, gonna be at the top for years and years?  Remember how everybody who said as soon as the Seahawks pay Wilson they'll fall apart was laughed at? 

It happens to literally every single QB who sets that mark. 

The way to win Super Bowls right now is to have a QB married to a supermodel billionaire or to win it on your quarterback's rookie contract. 

They've paid quite a few players over that time frame, and they still have enough cap to pay more. When they were at their height they were GREAT at drafting and converting late round picks. That hasn't panned out recently and, more importantly, they've been pretty bad with their top picks and FA acquisitions like Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham were terrible.

RW has been the only steady thing on the offensive side since he got there. Trading that away and fully committing to a rebuild in the hopes you can find another RW is insane.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They've paid quite a few players over that time frame, and they still have enough cap to pay more. When they were at their height they were GREAT at drafting and converting late round picks. That hasn't panned out recently and, more importantly, they've been pretty bad with their top picks and FA acquisitions like Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham were terrible.

RW has been the only steady thing on the offensive side since he got there. Trading that away and fully committing to a rebuild in the hopes you can find another RW is insane.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Winning Superbowls is really hard. I bet there's a lot of correlation =/= correlation things you can cite to that. Tom Brady and the Patriots are a clear outlier in that.

Are they though?  Tom Brady is an all-time great QB and all but one of his wins came when he was making under 9% of the cap. 

Archived