Should the Seahawks trade Russell Wilson?

vike daddy

I fail to see the upside in trading him for the Seahawks, unless his attitude starts becoming a real problem. You don't sell on a borderline future HOF QB unless you're in a Joe Montana/Steve Young situation or you're not sure if he'll be able to play again (i.e. Peyton Manning in 2011).

3 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Imagine a three way trade scenario between Giants/Seahawks/Jets:

Giants get: Russell Wilson

Seahawks get: #3, #6, Giants 2020 conditional 2nd (maybe more?)

Jets get: #17, #21, #37

I know it's insanely far-fetched but that would definitely be interesting...

The Seahawks would have to get another guaranteed 1.

51 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I hope this is true because honestly that is RW's worth.

Yea, I don't see why people see it as outrageous for Wilson to fetch 4 first rounders.  A pass rusher just got two first rounders and a record contract.  Wilson is a MUCH MUCH more valuable player than Khalil Mack will ever dream of being.

• Like 5

Just like any item, you’re gonna set your asking price above what that item is worth. For anything. (Still shocked Cowboys gave a 1st for Cooper, they would took a 2nd).

I think Seattle would settle for three firsts personally. Maybe a random 4th Round Pick. 

Either Wilson gets signed and they trade Clark or they keep Clark and trade Wilson. They definitely aren’t keeping both imo. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just like any item, you’re gonna set your asking price above what that item is worth. For anything. (Still shocked Cowboys gave a 1st for Cooper, they would took a 2nd).

I think Seattle would settle for three firsts personally. Maybe a random 4th Round Pick. 

Either Wilson gets signed and they trade Clark or they keep Clark and trade Wilson. They definitely aren’t keeping both imo. 

Yeah, effectively, if you're going to do something like this and trade away a in-his-prime franchise QB, you need to be getting the kind of return to be able to completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) rebuild all the areas of need in all your other premium positions so that they're able to have those guys on the books at the premier prices while whoever is brought in to replace Wilson (I'd argue you don't do it this year, you completely rebuild that OL to a force and reestablish the dominance of the defense) is on their rookie deal.  That gives you the ability to be ultra-aggressive in getting the top or top 2 option in a prospective class at QB rather than doing what Cleveland did for years (among other teams) and settling for taking shots on the 3rd or 4th option in a class.