Josh Rosen trade value

SweetFancyMoses

17 quarterbacks make $20M+ per year in a league where the salary cap keeps increasing. Dak being "nowhere near $20M" is such a ridiculous place to start this debate, I almost don't want to engage in it.

No, I would not want to trade for Rosen. In my opinion, the guy was not a first round prospect to begin with, and had a completely mediocre start to his career. I'll stick with the guy who has a 32-16 record and 2.7 TD/INT ratio.

43 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

17 quarterbacks make $20M+ per year in a league where the salary cap keeps increasing. Dak being "nowhere near $20M" is such a ridiculous place to start this debate, I almost don't want to engage in it.

No, I would not want to trade for Rosen. In my opinion, the guy was not a first round prospect to begin with, and had a completely mediocre start to his career. I'll stick with the guy who has a 32-16 record and 2.7 TD/INT ratio.

Disagree it's ridiculous.

Edited by SweetFancyMoses

I'm guessing it probably takes a 2nd rd. 

Dak is going to make well over $20m/yr, probably closer to $30m/yr. May as well accept the fact. 

I don't see any reason to trade for Rosen given other needs and, well the fact Dak isn't going anywhere for a long time.

44 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I'm guessing it probably takes a 2nd rd. 

Dak is going to make well over $20m/yr, probably closer to $30m/yr. May as well accept the fact. 

I don't see any reason to trade for Rosen given other needs and, well the fact Dak isn't going anywhere for a long time.

I agree it's probably a 2nd. With us having a late second (if it was this year's pick) it would probably be a 2nd and next year's 5th seeing as other interested teams have a better 2nd to offer.

In regards to Dak's salary, based on Stephen's comments about Dak having to take a team friendly deal, doesnt sound like he is getting close to $30 mill. 

2 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I agree it's probably a 2nd. With us having a late second (if it was this year's pick) it would probably be a 2nd and next year's 5th seeing as other interested teams have a better 2nd to offer.

In regards to Dak's salary, based on Stephen's comments about Dak having to take a team friendly deal, doesnt sound like he is getting close to $30 mill. 

It's a nice dream for SJ. imo. 

2 hours ago, D82 said:

You guys really think QBs grow on trees, don't you? 

Our last two decent ones were a 4th rounder and an UDFA soo.... The Redskins went from RG3, to Cousins, to Alex Smith and just seemed to get better each time. The Eagles had Sam Bradford, and Vick, then got Wentz, and won the super bowl with Foles...  17 QBs in the league have a $20m per year salary, and the best ones are on rookie contracts. The only team holding on to their average QB like it's the last one they'll ever get is the Giants. 

Average QBs are NOT rare. Elite ones are. Dak is not elite. If he was, then Stephen Jones wouldn't be worried about "fitting him in somehow." You guys are so enamored by Dak that you really think SJ isn't in charge there?

Give Josh Rosen, Zack Martin, Tyron Smith, Frederick, Dez, Amari Cooper, Witten, Zeke, Beasley, and I bet he doesn't have such a shaky start in Arizona. 

Sam Darnold would have done better on our team than with the jets. 

Stick Dak on the 2018 Cardinals team and he'll sink just like Bradford and Rosen did.

For the record I'm not trading my 2nd this year for Rosen. Maybe a thrid.

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

It's a nice dream for SJ. imo. 

Lol

You have what is basically the owner of the team telling you that Daks contract has to be team friendly so we can keep a solid cast around him(Because it's obvious that he needs that). He specifically mentions Zeke as someone that needs to be retained, and I know how you feel about that.

It sounds like you and SJ are a world apart on roster/cap decisions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Explain to me how Flacco, Foles, Alex Smith, and Derek Carr make north of $20M, and Dak is "nowhere near" worth $20M?

There are tons of QBs making under 10 that are on Daks level or better. Yes, they might be on rookie deals but it doesn't matter. It is what it is. If you can find/draft a comparable QB for less then there is no reason to overpay. In today's NFL QBs are growing on trees.

Here are 19 QBs making far less than $20 per year.

Andy Dalton makes $16m

Baker Mayfield $8

Sam Darnold $7.5

Case Keenum $7.5

Ryan Tannehill $7

Mitch Trubisky $7.5

Teddy Bridgwater $7.2

Jared Goff $6.9

Carson Wentz $6.6

Jamis Winston $6.3

Marcus Mariota $6

Tyrod Taylor $5.5

Ryan Fitzpatrick $5.5

Josh Allen $5.2

Josh Rosen $4.3

NFL MVP Pat Mahomes $4.1

Deshaun Watson $3.4

Lamar Jackson $2.3

Dak himself at $2

With Dak still on a rookie deal, and franchise tag at around 25M there is no rush to sign him. $27m over the next two years wouldn't be horrible

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

There are tons of QBs making under 10 that are on Daks level or better. Yes, they might be on rookie deals but it doesn't matter. It is what it is. If you can find/draft a comparable QB for less then there is no reason to overpay. In today's NFL QBs are growing on trees.

No one wants to "overpay" him, and that is an obnoxious interpretation of the argument from people who want to re-sign him.

Your list has 14 first round picks, including 8 top-5 picks. Plus, a tiny minority of those have approached the success that Dak has and exactly zero that are on a 2nd contract are even close. That's not trees... that's a big investment in replacing, likely ineffectively, something that you already have on your roster.