Josh Rosen trade value

SweetFancyMoses

Jared Goff was a bust after his rookie year too. So was Carson Wentz. RG3 and Vince Young did great as rookies. Rookie years don't define careers.

Give the guy a chance. His team has the 1st overall pick and that's not all him. Unless there is great validity to his attitude problems the Cardinals would be dumb to draft another 1st round QB two years in a row. 

On 4/12/2019 at 4:17 PM, DaBoys said:

Jared Goff was a bust after his rookie year too. So was Carson Wentz. RG3 and Vince Young did great as rookies. Rookie years don't define careers.

Give the guy a chance. His team has the 1st overall pick and that's not all him. Unless there is great validity to his attitude problems the Cardinals would be dumb to draft another 1st round QB two years in a row. 

youngin, you probably don't remember when Jimmy Johnson drafted Aikman number 1 and still used a first on Walsh the same year. He eventually turned Walsh *who lost out on the battle with Aikman for the top QB and traded him away for some decent picks. The Cardinals could easily do the same. Bring both QBs in and trade away the loser in the QB battle. I am willing to bet someone would still give up a decent pick (for Rosen)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:31 AM, plan9misfit said:

I’d be hard pressed to make a trade for Rosen. While he throws a great deep ball, he has a well documented history in college of having attitude problems, not getting along with coaches and teammates, and has a very slight frame which led to repeated injuries. From my perspective, he’s Sam Bradford 2.0 but with an attitude problem.

Thanks for an opinion on Rosen.   I was looking for what the general opinion of him, and what his trade cost would be.  

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Imagine the mental gymnastics you have to go through to reach the conclusion that trading for Rosen is better than drafting to support Dak. 

I haven't seen one post yet that was advocating that. 

I wouldn't touch Rosen. 

Can Dak win without Zeke? That is the question that has to be answered before paying Dak 25+ million because with all the other extensions going to be handed out we could be without the best RB in football. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I haven't seen one post yet that was advocating that. 

I wouldn't touch Rosen. 

Can Dak win without Zeke? That is the question that has to be answered before paying Dak 25+ million because with all the other extensions going to be handed out we could be without the best RB in football. 

You did see it. He passed for like 400 yards and multiple TDS. He made our pathetic tight end look like a hall of famer.

That was one game against a bottom 3 NFL team.  

The reason people still have questions after that remarkable game is because of what happened during Zekes 6 game suspension last year.

The first 3 games of that suspension Dak never passed for over 200 yards. He had 0 passing TDs, 5 interceptions, and 3 of his 4 fumbles were lost.

He finished the 6 game suspension with just 1,146 passing yards(or 191 per game).

He threw a TD pass in just 2 of the 6 games without Zeke.

His TD to turnover ratio during that 6 game suspension was 7:12.

I don't think the one great game against the Giants completely removed concerns. 

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You did see it. He passed for like 400 yards and multiple TDS. He made our pathetic tight end look like a hall of famer.

But can he consistently do that? All season when teams are game planning specifically for Dak? Can Dak make up for the losses we could take on defense by signing him to $30 million plus?

I'm not saying he can or cant but those are the questions.

17 hours ago, DaBoys said:

That was one game against a bottom 3 NFL team.  

The reason people still have questions after that remarkable game is because of what happened during Zekes 6 game suspension last year.

The first 3 games of that suspension Dak never passed for over 200 yards. He had 0 passing TDs, 5 interceptions, and 3 of his 4 fumbles were lost.

He finished the 6 game suspension with just 1,146 passing yards(or 191 per game).

He threw a TD pass in just 2 of the 6 games without Zeke.

His TD to turnover ratio during that 6 game suspension was 7:12.

I don't think the one great game against the Giants completely removed concerns. 

you mean the games that our oline completely pooped the bed. the games we were giving up 6 sacks with chaz green starting. 

as i said, you really have to do mental gymnastics for that to be your stance.

and at some level you have to know your stance is super dumb.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

you mean the games that our oline completely pooped the bed. the games we were giving up 6 sacks with chaz green starting. 

as i said, you really have to do mental gymnastics for that to be your stance.

and at some level you have to know your stance is super dumb.

You also have to factor that the opposing D's knew that no Elliot meant pin their ears back so it will be that way alot if he is not there

I don’t buy that Zeke’s suspension had that much to do with Dak and our team’s play during that stretch- sure it hurt to not have a big time playmaker that defenses key in on, but people act like those 6 games definitively prove that Dak and this offense and this entire franchise are nothing without Ezekiel Elliott and it’s pathetic, honestly. It shows a huge selective memory bias- that season was a **** show from the beginning because of how the Zeke suspension affected them *off* the field. That particular three game stretch in November, IMO, was mostly the result Lee and Smith injuries, a rough stretch of games against teams that were better than us, and frankly an extremely unimpressive showing from the coaching staff. Later on, we were fine without Zeke against the Redskins and Giants, whereas he made no real impact in his return against the Seahawks.

Edited by matt79511

19 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I don’t buy that Zeke’s suspension had that much to do with Dak and our team’s play during that stretch- sure it hurt to not have a big time playmaker that defenses key in on, but people act like those 6 games definitively prove that Dak and this offense and this entire franchise are nothing without Ezekiel Elliott and it’s pathetic, honestly. It shows a huge selective memory bias- that season was a **** show from the beginning because of how the Zeke suspension affected them *off* the field. That particular three game stretch in November, IMO, was mostly the result Lee and Smith injuries, a rough stretch of games against teams that were better than us, and frankly an extremely unimpressive showing from the coaching staff. Later on, we were fine without Zeke against the Redskins and Giants, whereas he made no real impact in his return against the Seahawks.

Dak was horrible during that 6 game stretch, and it doesn't change things just because he picked it up against a terrible 2017 giants team that saw Rod Smith get 80 yards of YAC.

That **** show start had us at 5-3 before the suspension.

And Zeke accumulated exactly 200 yards in his 2 games back from suspension. Maybe if he had some help we would have won, and Dez Bryant gets some blame there as well.

Edited by DaBoys

46 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

You also have to factor that the opposing D's knew that no Elliot meant pin their ears back so it will be that way alot if he is not there

no, it didnt. morris was playing better than zeke. zeke was checked out that entire year. 

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak was horrible during that 6 game stretch, and it doesn't change things just because he picked it up against a terrible 2017 giants team that saw Rod Smith get 80 yards of YAC.

That **** show start had us at 5-3 before the suspension.

And Zeke accumulated exactly 200 yards in his 2 games back from suspension. Maybe if he had some help we would have won, and Dez Bryant gets some blame there as well.

have you ever questioned why there has no difference in the ypc from murray, run dmc, morris and zeke?

4 running backs and they have all been able to be equally productive.

it might be because our team puts a heavy amount of attention on runblockimg under the garrett administrstion'