Josh Rosen trade value

SweetFancyMoses

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak was horrible during that 6 game stretch, and it doesn't change things just because picked it up against a terrible 2017 giants team that saw Rod Smith get 80 yards of YAC.

And Zeke accumulated exactly 200 yards in his 2 games back from suspension. Maybe if he had some help we would have won, and Dez Bryant gets some blame there as well.

Dak was also horrible in the two games Zeke was back for. The Atlanta game clearly affected him dramatically and in lasting ways.

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Dak was also horrible in the two games Zeke was back for. The Atlanta game clearly affected him dramatically and in lasting ways.

if i had a laptop i would google it, but there is seriously a hit in that game where clayborne sacks him by running full force and hitting him in the head.

Dak admitted that game messed with him. Nobody will ever be able to tell me he didnt get head trauma and hid it. 

I watched Aikmen hide the 8 concussions. A hit that hard lingers.

I think there are a number of things to consider in those six games first the way the NFL handled that whole suspension they gave us zero chance to really address the issue of not having Zeke for over half the year.  Second I would argue loosing Lee and Smith was in a lot of ways more important 

while we could be semi effective running the ball without Zeke the other team didn’t have to fear the home run so it was easier for them to commit to stopping the passing game which was made even easier yet when we lost Smith and had zero answer to protect Dak 

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

if i had a laptop i would google it, but there is seriously a hit in that game where clayborne sacks him by running full force and hitting him in the head.

Dak admitted that game messed with him. Nobody will ever be able to tell me he didnt get head trauma and hid it. 

I watched Aikmen hide the 8 concussions. A hit that hard lingers.

I think you misinterpret a lot of the comments on Dak, most of us know he is a decent/good maybe even above average QB. BUT we think different in that he is not someone that you kill your salary cap over. 20-25 is probably a doable number but when people keep bringing up this guy being out and this guy being suspended/hurt as a reason/excuse it only validates WHY we cannot spend 30 million on a QB who needs every piece of the puzzle to compete at an above average/elite level. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I think you misinterpret a lot of the comments on Dak, most of us know he is a decent/good maybe even above average QB. BUT we think different in that he is not someone that you kill your salary cap over. 20-25 is probably a doable number but when people keep bringing up this guy being out and this guy being suspended/hurt as a reason/excuse it only validates WHY we cannot spend 30 million on a QB who needs every piece of the puzzle to compete at an above average/elite level. 

What is your alternative?

@Calvert28 is the only person I have seen offer a legitimate alternative to signing Dak -- Let him walk and draft another QB. I personally wouldn't do that, but at least it's a possible solution worth discussing. Signing Dak for $20M is not a possibility.

So what would you do?

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

What is your alternative?

@Calvert28 is the only person I have seen offer a legitimate alternative to signing Dak -- Let him walk and draft another QB. I personally wouldn't do that, but at least it's a possible solution worth discussing. Signing Dak for $20M is not a possibility.

So what would you do?

I'll admit, signing him for 20 a year now sounds far more reasonable then the 30-35 I've been hearing.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'll admit, signing him for 20 a year now sounds far more reasonable then the 30-35 I've been hearing.

Yeah, but $20M/year isn't happening. So if he won't sign for that... then what?

You think we should let him walk and draft another one, right? I'm curious if others agree with you.

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, but $20M/year isn't happening. So if he won't sign for that... then what?

You think we should let him walk and draft another one, right? I'm curious if others agree with you.

I'm sure they don't. Matts brought up Lynch as a reason that letting Dak would be a horrible idea.

But Dak came into a dream situation. And most of the other guys drafted in the 1st the last couple of years have done remarkably well. Patrick Mahomes, Watson, Goff, Wentz, even Tribusky has taken his team places and lastly Baker Mayfield. You have a Josh Rosen, Darnold, and Allen that are still coming along. But take a look at the surrounding cast for each of those players. The teams talent that are not piss poor with piss poor coaching have actually seen a great return on their investment. Gallup is turning into a damn good receiver and Amari can take over games. If we get Knox, Sternberger, Oliver and they turn into receiving threats as well not to mention retain our core line with Zeke leading the way. We the support cast to make things remarkably easy for a young QB to come in and take over if need be.

I would even go as far to say this is not a gamble with us. But just deciding if the guy we choose is a good fit for this team. I think a guy like Mock, Grier, etc could do well here. And if it comes to next years draft? Hebert will be coming out, a personal favorite Montez will too, but you also have big time arm talents like Eason too. There are other guys that can step up in that time as well.

I wouldn't say the option isn't as far fetched as some think. Given the right circumstances, you can replace a QB easier then one might think. Dak doesn't lose us games, but I don't want to pay 35 million to a guy who doesn't lose us games. That's ridiculous and Dak still makes his fair share of mistakes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm sure they don't. Matts brought up Lynch as a reason that letting Dak would be a horrible idea.

But Dak came into a dream situation. And most of the other guys drafted in the 1st the last couple of years have done remarkably well. Patrick Mahomes, Watson, Goff, Wentz, even Tribusky has taken his team places and lastly Baker Mayfield. You have a Josh Rosen, Darnold, and Allen that are still coming along. But take a look at the surrounding cast for each of those players. The teams talent that are not piss poor with piss poor coaching have actually seen a great return on their investment. Gallup is turning into a damn good receiver and Amari can take over games. If we get Knox, Sternberger, Oliver and they turn into receiving threats as well not to mention retain our core line with Zeke leading the way. We the support cast to make things remarkably easy for a young QB to come in and take over if need be.

I would even go as far to say this is not a gamble with us. But just deciding if the guy we choose is a good fit for this team. I think a guy like Mock, Grier, etc could do well here. And if it comes to next years draft? Hebert will be coming out, a personal favorite Montez will too, but you also have big time arm talents like Eason too. There are other guys that can step up in that time as well.

I wouldn't say the option isn't as far fetched as some think. Given the right circumstances, you can replace a QB easier then one might think. Dak doesn't lose us games, but I don't want to pay 35 million to a guy who doesn't lose us games. That's ridiculous and Dak still makes his fair share of mistakes.

I agree with you that the Cowboys are going to sign Dak regardless of what people on this board want. 

But I do not agree that it would be easy to replace Dak. The draft positions of the young QBs you mentioned were 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 10, 10, & 12. To land an equivalent prospect to those guys, you either have to 1) have a bad team and lose a lot (which then, are we really the amazing situation we thought we were), 2) give up multiple premium draft picks (which negates the benefits you get from letting Dak walk), or 3) get insanely lucky with a later pick (which, wow, we already did with Dak).

Also, this is assuming we actually find one that doesn't bust like Lynch, Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, etc. If you miss on just one player, this dream environment to develop a QB may have disappeared before you know and can draft the next one. NFL rosters turn over extremely quickly.

2 hours ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

no, i understand. i just think a lot of the surrounding talent is overrated.

You’re certifiably insane if you think this.

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Are we calling Teddy Bridgwater a bust because he had a devastating injury? Or is it because he was putting up Dak like statlines before the injury?

Edited by WizardHawk