Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Patriots sign TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (One year deal)

Recommended Posts

I was so wrong about this guy.  I was sure he’d be a great player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I was so wrong about this guy.  I was sure he’d be a great player.

Same, I loved him coming out. He seemed to spark a bit but could never really get it together.

If he is able to reach his potential with the Patriots, though, he may just put up some monster stats with Brady. Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Same, I loved him coming out. He seemed to spark a bit but could never really get it together. If he is able to reach his potential with the Patriots, though, he may just put up some monster stats with Brady. Maybe.

Was wondering if this deal would push back their draft needs for the position.....but they've got a whole lot of "haven't done much" currently on the roster - so guess probably not.......

Matt LaCosse
Jacob Hollister
Stephen Anderson
Ryan Izzo
Cedrick Lang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be the first time in NFL history a hyped young player disappoints early in his career and original team but later flourishes with the Patriots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Was wondering if this deal would push back their draft needs for the position.....but they've got a whole lot of "haven't done much" currently on the roster - so guess probably not.......

Matt LaCosse
Jacob Hollister
Stephen Anderson
Ryan Izzo
Cedrick Lang

Belichick has always been a guy who likes having more than one capable Tight End on the roster. So I'd be a little surprised if they didn't take at least one in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Belichick has always been a guy who likes having more than one capable Tight End on the roster. So I'd be a little surprised if they didn't take at least one in the draft.

Tightend feels like a position they’ll double down on in the draft, like they did in 2010. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FinSting said:

This could be the first time in NFL history a hyped young player disappoints early in his career and original team but later flourishes with the Patriots...

I'm sure this was a joke and a good one but what are the examples where this actually happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm sure this was a joke and a good one but what are the examples where this actually happened?

There are definitely a decent amount of them...   One being Wes Welker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm sure this was a joke and a good one but what are the examples where this actually happened?

It gets overstated, but Kyle Van Noy is probably the most recent one. Some others can be included too, depending on how strict you are with “hyped young player”, “original team”, and “flourishes” (Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, Trent Brown, Stephon Gilmore, etc).

I think NE does more of signing veterans to squeeze out another productive season or two than it does acquiring young reclamation projects.

Edited by Yin-Yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

There are definitely a decent amount of them...   One being Wes Welker.

Welker, who was undrafted, that they traded for a 2nd and 7th for? I think he obviously didn't disappoint prior to going to the Pats even though he had only started 3 games and had 1100 yards the two years he got PT with the Fins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

It gets overstated, but Kyle Van Noy is probably the most recent one. Some others can be included too, depending on how strict you are with “hyped young player”, “original team”, and “flourishes” (Wes Welker, Danny Woodhead, Trent Brown, Stephon Gilmore, etc).

I think NE does more of signing veterans to squeeze out another productive season or two than it does acquiring young reclamation projects.

I already spoke about Welker, Woodhead was also undrafted and had his most productive years (and only 1k yards years) with the Chargers. Van Noy I will give you, I'm not sure Gilmore was really any different than he was with the Bills.

Patriots do a great job of getting guys that fit their system but it isn't like they become stars from nothing like was mentioned , they are mostly role players which is exactly why they were brought in and why the Patriots have been successful (along with Brady/Belichick of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Welker, who was undrafted, that they traded for a 2nd and 7th for? I think he obviously didn't disappoint prior to going to the Pats even though he had only started 3 games and had 1100 yards the two years he got PT with the Fins.

I mean yea... I guess he didn't disappoint because he had nothing to live up to as far as draft status but he was definitely an outcast who flourished with the Pats.

 

Yin-Yang had a good example, Kyle Van Noy, there are others too.

 

LaGarrette Blount is a pretty good example too I know the first season with Bucs he had 1k yards but after that he was disappointing (probably more under-utilized and bad O-line) but when he went to the Pats he definitely had a much better career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×