Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't hate Rodgers.  I hate Rodgers at 15% of the cap at 34 years old. 

34 years old isn't even that old for a QB lol

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The thing is, if we had a lesser QB in 2016, do we beat Dallas to even get to Atlanta, where he didn't play as well as statistics would indicate?

Numbers:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RodgAa00/gamelog/post/

If we had a lesser QB we don't come close to the playoffs

• Like 1

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

34 years old isn't even that old for a QB lol

1*4Edak7xavUPhiaMUCdMDuw.gif

Rodgers has missed 18 games due to injury since he's been a starter.  He's had two concussions (at least), and one broken collarbone.  For every collarbone that he has. 

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

The thing is, if we had a lesser QB in 2016, do we beat Dallas to even get to Atlanta

You're correct, there are definitely great postseason games in there as well. Never argued there wasn't. I also appreciate your honest evaluation of his less than stellar play in the other three or four postseason games you mentioned. That's part of what I was arguing for earlier; an accurate accounting of his postseason performances without completely absolving him of any fault. I'm not saying those losses were completely because of his play, but in those games he didn't help his cause any. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Rodgers has missed 18 games due to injury since he's been a starter.  He's had two concussions (at least), and one broken collarbone.  For every collarbone that he has. 

The collarbones are freak injuries, the guy doesn't tear his acl every other year. 

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Answer your own question.  Do you think Donald Driver was only talented because of his quarterbacks?  Do you think Greg Jennings was only talented because of his quarterbacks?  Jones?  Nelson?  It was a wildly talented receiving corps.  You could probably find ten receiving corps that combined for more yards and touchdowns in the history of the NFL.  32,000 yards, 245 touchdowns.  Prove me wrong. 

Do we really have to dig up Jennings' numbers in MN?

Just now, Pugger said:

Do we really have to dig up Jennings' numbers in MN?

I already did that.  He had 80 yards receiving and 11.8 yards per reception as the primary receiver with Christian Ponder throwing him the ball at 30 years old.  In what world is that a bad season? 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

... Yeah.  If it wasn't for Bostick, we'd have another one.  If it wasn't for Burnett, we'd have another one...

Do you honestly believe I am saying that Aaron's ego is the single solitary reason he hasn't won another Super Bowl? 

Maybe not the sole reason but you intimated it earlier in this thread.

Honestly, you are trying too hard.  We get it.  You can't stand AR.  Fine.  To each his own.   I suggest you don't complain about our QB play after he retires.

Edited by Pugger

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So he's .missed more than 4 total seasons of wear and tear since joining the league :)

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So he's .missed more than 4 total seasons of wear and tear since joining the league :)

Even more than that because he sat for the first 3 years. He's practically a spring chicken in NFL terms

7 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Even more than that because he sat for the first 3 years. He's practically a spring chicken in NFL terms

If you consider this plus the games he's missed with those collarbone injuries he can play until he's 40+ easily if he doesn't have a career ending injury in the future.

Rodgers has a career QB rating of 103.8 and a career playoff rating of 99.4.  (36 TDs - 10 INTs in 16 playoff games)

Brady has a career QB rating of 97.8 and a career playoff rating of 90.9  (71 TDs - 31 INTs in 37 playoff games)

Ben Roethlisberger has a career QB rating of 94.0 and a career playoff rating of 86.5  (30 TDs - 24 INTs in 21 playoff games)

Drew Brees has a career QB rating of 96.7 and a career playoff rating of 100.7  (29 TDs - 9 INTs in 13 playoff games)

The competition gets tougher in the playoffs and in the big picture Aaron Rodgers is not the reason they haven't won another Super Bowl.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No quarterback in the history of the NFL has won a Super Bowl while accounting for 14% of the cap.  Only one has done it at 13% of the cap, and they cheated.  Literally.  They got in trouble for it. 

And before last year, no team had ever won a Super Bowl in a game in which their defense didn't force a punt.  What's that mean?  Nothing.  QBs have always been highly paid, the stat you posted may be the single most meaningless stat on the internet.  It doesn't look at overall contracts, it looks at single years in vacuums.  It ignores the fact that contracts fluctuate from season to season (as does the cap).  The idea that the size of a QB's contract has anything to do with whether his team does or doesn't win a Super Bowl is crazy. The idea that its impossible to win a Super Bowl when your QB makes 14% but you're chances go up substantially when he makes 13% is absolutely ignorant. 

Edited by SSG

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

The competition gets tougher in the playoffs and in the big picture Aaron Rodgers is not the reason they haven't won another Super Bowl. 

I've never even denied that Rodgers is the best playoff QB.  I think he is.  I'm saying he can be better if he stops making it so much harder on himself, and he can.  Before people just resort to saying, "We get it, you hate Rodgers," maybe they should read what I'm saying instead.  Imagine an even better Rodgers in the playoffs. 

That Giants defensive back said during 2011, Aaron's 45 TD and 6 INT season, that they knew how to beat the Packers.  That was after Rodgers threw for 369 yards and 4 touchdowns, scoring 38 points against them in the regular season.  People lol'd.  We were undefeated.  13-0. 

Then we played them in the playoffs.  James Starks had 4 catches.  Ryan Grant had 3.  Starks had 0 catches in the first half.  3 of his 4 catches came in the fourth quarter.  Two of Grant's 3 catches came in the fourth quarter. 

I think Rodgers needs to get over his aversion to taking a checkdown.  Screw me, right?  I mean, ****.  It's not like Rodgers has gotten two broken collarbones by extending the play as long as he possibly can instead of throwing a Gdamn checkdown.  I'm an ahole for saying Rodgers can be better.  I hate Rodgers because I'm sick of the weakest point of his game, which can make him better, right? 

I'm just like one of those damn Favre haters who kept saying they were sick and tired of his late game meltdown interceptions.  How dare those guys, right? 

• Like 2