Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

If last Sunday does anything... it tells everyone that if Rodgers wants to play until he is 40 he will and can. And at a high level.

If he is willing to adjust his game. He starts to Brady... he will be fine because of the pure arm talent and his knowledge.

22 hours ago, Green19 said:

If last Sunday does anything... it tells everyone that if Rodgers wants to play until he is 40 he will and can. And at a high level.

If he is willing to adjust his game. He starts to Brady... he will be fine because of the pure arm talent and his knowledge.

As long as he isn't beat up over the next handful of years he has shown he is lethal in the pocket.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:32 AM, Green19 said:

If he's willing to adjust his game to gimp Rodgers style we will benefit immediately. We're so much better with the quick attack and it highlights some of Rodgers greatest strengths.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 6:11 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

This clip reminded me of a true story. This was was when I was in freshman year of college in 1988 (or was it 1888?) I attended a small college in Iowa. In the dorm lounge was a large screen tv (those big, heavy suckers with like 200p resolution.) Every Sunday the games would be on this tv. We had Packers fans, Vikings fans, and Bears fans.

Now, even if the Packers were losing bad by halftime, the student Packers fans would still stay to watch the whole game--you know, if nothing else, just to see how those top rookie draft picks were doing. (RB Brent Fullwood comes to mind). 

If the Vikings were losing bad by halftime, all the student Vikings fans would leave the lounge, with some always quipping, "I wasn't a fan of the Vikings anyways." (Such fair-weathered-ness is so typical of them still to this day.)

If the Bears were losing bad by halftime, the student Bears fans would start getting really pissed, to the point that one time a student Bears fan got so unhinged he kinda back-kicked the tv screen and put a big dent with a slight hole tear in the lower corner of the screen and then stormed out of the lounge. Needless to say, he didn't get kicked out of school, but he was disciplined and fined pretty severely. 

I don't know, maybe this story puts you to sleep. But I still chuckle when I recall it to memory. 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 4:18 PM, Cheesehawk said:

If he's willing to adjust his game to gimp Rodgers style we will benefit immediately. We're so much better with the quick attack and it highlights some of Rodgers greatest strengths.

Yes indeed, but it can't be the only thing you do on offense, it has to be used as one of several strategies in attacking a defense.
Otherwise, they will just adapt and take it away.

Favre used to struggle with this too - he was very good at the quick attack, but it wasn't his style and he chafed against it. Shortly after MM came into GB he fired a veiled shot at Favray when talking about AR. MM said" Aaron doesn't get bored making the easy throws"

I think for these ultra-competitive HOF QBs, they really want to really stretch the envelope and push the ball downfield. Its part of their make-up, but its contrary to the traditional risk- averse HCs. Now we're seeing some of the less risk -averse HC's uncorking it across the league with Shanahan , McVay and Pederson - and AR surely wants to join in the fun. (Hence his recent winery)

Aaron's used to being the Belle of the Ball, but right now the media are slobbering all over Goff, Wentz and Mahomes in these light- it- up offenses.

42 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Yes indeed, but it can't be the only thing you do on offense, it has to be used as one of several strategies in attacking a defense.
Otherwise, they will just adapt and take it away.

Favre used to struggle with this too - he was very good at the quick attack, but it wasn't his style and he chafed against it. Shortly after MM came into GB he fired a veiled shot at Favray when talking about AR. MM said" Aaron doesn't get bored making the easy throws"

I think for these ultra-competitive HOF QBs, they really want to really stretch the envelope and push the ball downfield. Its part of their make-up, but its contrary to the traditional risk- averse HCs. Now we're seeing some of the less risk -averse HC's uncorking it across the league with Shanahan , McVay and Pederson - and AR surely wants to join in the fun. (Hence his recent winery)

Aaron's used to being the Belle of the Ball, but right now the media are slobbering all over Goff, Wentz and Mahomes in these light- it- up offenses.

Watching Goff against Minnesota, I thought he had some amazing throws into tight coverage- throws that deep down were stupid throws because their was no margin for error, but he threw the perfect ball.

I thought at the time that maybe Aaron has gotten too conservative and demands a more wide open receiver these days.  I don't know it that is true, but I have wondered if the offense might do better if he was a bit more aggressive and go for the tighter window, especially to guys like Graham and Adams who have the skills to make the catch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Watching Goff against Minnesota, I thought he had some amazing throws into tight coverage- throws that deep down were stupid throws because their was no margin for error, but he threw the perfect ball.

I thought at the time that maybe Aaron has gotten too conservative and demands a more wide open receiver these days.  I don't know it that is true, but I have wondered if the offense might do better if he was a bit more aggressive and go for the tighter window, especially to guys like Graham and Adams who have the skills to make the catch.

Of course it would. Problem is QB1 seems like he puts a lot of importance into that coveted TD:INT. Need to take more risks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Of course it would. Problem is QB1 seems like he puts a lot of importance into that coveted TD:INT. Need to take more risks. 

I really don't think he cares about stats. But he thinks punting is better than pushing it. I'll bet anything this is from watching Brett