Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 minute ago, Siman08/OH said:

Fastest player to 40,000 yards in history.

442 yards and 3 TDs with 2 starting receivers out? Im not putting this on him. Even though the first half was ugly. Still did what he had to to get us a chance to win, Crosby just had a bad day.

The theme this year is a tale of halfs, Rodgers played well in the second, but damn, we need to do something in the 1st half and we didnt.

This was a terrible performance all around .. no other way to spin it.  Blame Crosby if you want, but he didn't fumble a few times, and allow the paltry Lions to go 4 for 4 in scoring TD's in the redzone.  Crosby didn't get in Tramon Williams' way and keep from from doing his job and running up to make a fair catch.  It wasn't Crosby running bad routes, or failing to get both feet down before going out of bounds.  It wasn't Crosby picking up facemask penalties, or getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  We've got a mess on  our hands .. a team that routinely struggles with putting a good half of football together.  It's not too far off from being a trainwreck.  Two of our last three performances have been a sh!t show.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a Rodgers and Mac problem, anyone pointing the finger at just one has an agenda.

Pretty much this -- I told my brother I almost feel as if Aaron is doing this intentionally so that the Packers will fire Mac and hire a defensive minded coach so he can run the offense himself. I've never seen him have all day in the pocket and still take sacks, have all day in the pocket and still not find a WR, have all day in the pocket and still miss open wide receivers -- he played awful that first half and was still getting up from being hit with a smile. 

28 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

We scored 23 and put them in position to score 9 more, which would have won the game.  With a couple of rookies filling in.  He wasn't perfect, but the loss was not on him at all

Rodgers is still a damn good QB but people have to accept he isn't an elite one any more - not at the moment anyway. The loss isn't on him but he isn't what he was and we need to get away from the notion that if we have Rodgers, we will automatically have a top offense. 

1 minute ago, mikemike778 said:

Rodgers is still a damn good QB but people have to accept he isn't an elite one any more - not at the moment anyway. The loss isn't on him but he isn't what he was and we need to get away from the notion that if we have Rodgers, we will automatically have a top offense. 

I think he's still elite .. best in the game still .. just needs a cutting edge offense that stresses defenses.  This McCarthy thing is played out.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a Rodgers and Mac problem, anyone pointing the finger at just one has an agenda.

I can one hundred percent zero addendum, zero yeah but, zero anything agree with this.  They don't mesh.  At all.  It's a Capers/Thompson scenario.  Neither are bad, but together they're worse.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:
10 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Every elite QB has been put in a less than ideal situation and struggled before.  I'm not sure who you think would have more success with this group and coaching staff.

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bump

This is needed more than ever right now. Is Aaron capable of consistently playing in Godgers mode anymore? No, he's 35. Is Aaron Rodgers still a better QB than 95% of the league? Absolutely. People have lost their damn minds, man. 

Through 10 games this year he's playing more like 70 percentile than 95.