Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

If you asked me whether or not I thought Aaron Rodgers would be the type to whine about the final season of a show that he was given a cameo appearance in, I would have said yes he is.  Who does that?  They gave you a cameo in a show that millions of people would die to have a cameo in and you thank them by ridiculing their final episode. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you asked me whether or not I thought Aaron Rodgers would be the type to whine about the final season of a show that he was given a cameo appearance in, I would have said yes he is.  Who does that?  They gave you a cameo in a show that millions of people would die to have a cameo in and you thank them by ridiculing their final episode. 

Everybody is ridiculing those final few episodes.  Even people who had a real roll in the show, Jason Momoa, and bagging on it.  It's getting universally panned.  As for Rodgers, he's been a huge proponent of the show for years, so him being disappointed in a finale is hardly a big deal ... unless you are someone who just doesn't like Rodgers and looks for every excuse to bag on him.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Because it sucked.

Just now, deathstar said:

Because it sucked.

Not as much as how he wanted it to end. 

It did suck (not how it ended, but how they took zero time for development and plotting the way they would have done if GRRM had given them material to work with), but if I was given the once in a lifetime opportunity of having a cameo in a TV episode, I'd keep my negative opinions to myself. 

Obviously I'm not seriously using this as evidence against Aaron's character, it's just that's the type of thing I hate.  It reminds me of a kid I was forced to hangout with growing up.  He came over to my house, refused to leave, invited himself for dinner and then complained about dinner.  He also stole my crouton once when I explicitly told him that he could not have my crouton.  Took it right out of my salad at Red Lobster.  I definitely see Aaron Rodgers as the type who would steal a Red Lobster crouton after being told specifically no. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Even I can't get on Rodgers for that. The last two seasons sucked.

But you can say that because you weren't invited onto the show and given a special gift by the creators of the episode. 

We will use crouton-stealing Dustin as a guide for etiquette:

If you are forced by your parents to eat dinner you do not like, you can complain about it constructively. 

If you invite yourself or are invited to somebody's house who gives you dinner and you complain about that dinner right in front of the person who made it for you, you are a loser. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you invite yourself or are invited to somebody's house who gives you dinner and you complain about that dinner right in front of the person who made it for you, you are a loser. 

True story...brother in law invited himself over to my house with his wife and kids for dinner.  I caught some walleye, filleted them up, battered them and served the meal fresh.

It was outstanding and a recipe that I've perfected with the help of my dad over the course of decades.  I've often served it on guide trips as a shore lunch and it is simply amazing.

He takes one bite, says "This is good.  Know what would make it better?  ...if you used Captain Crunch in the batter."

My wife asks him, "So, you've caught walleyes before and cooked them that way?"

He says, "No.  Never caught a fish or cleaned it. "

And that's the last time I've allowed him in my house.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not as much as how he wanted it to end. 

It did suck (not how it ended, but how they took zero time for development and plotting the way they would have done if GRRM had given them material to work with), but if I was given the once in a lifetime opportunity of having a cameo in a TV episode, I'd keep my negative opinions to myself. 

Obviously I'm not seriously using this as evidence against Aaron's character, it's just that's the type of thing I hate.  It reminds me of a kid I was forced to hangout with growing up.  He came over to my house, refused to leave, invited himself for dinner and then complained about dinner.  He also stole my crouton once when I explicitly told him that he could not have my crouton.  Took it right out of my salad at Red Lobster.  I definitely see Aaron Rodgers as the type who would steal a Red Lobster crouton after being told specifically no. 

Image result for aaron rodgers in the office

How quickly we forget about his Office appearance. 

• Like 1

I dont think Aaron criticized the person who gave him his cameo though. I very much doubt the actual directors/writers reached out to him. Youd be closer to the casting director in this analogy. 

So its more like he complained about the cooks work at red lobster. Which could very well be founded.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

But you can say that because you weren't invited onto the show and given a special gift by the creators of the episode. 

We will use crouton-stealing Dustin as a guide for etiquette:

If you are forced by your parents to eat dinner you do not like, you can complain about it constructively. 

I don't see the comparison. This was a business arrangement. He got to be an extra, Game Of Thrones got to talk about how he was in it and try and steal more eyes.

Half the cast ripped this thing. The actors who played Jamie, Tyrion, Bran, and Dany have all gone on record saying it was terrible. I'm sure there are more, I haven't been looking.

What cameo honestly? He has already said he wasn't the burnt guy and also wasnt the archer.. has anyone actually seen Rodgers in that episode? He should be ripping it because he was supposed to be the one to throw a 80 yard bomb with a spear through Cerseis heart.

Edited by Cheesehawk

Rodgers wants to know as much of the offense as possible, as well, before the six-week break before training camp. 

“It took three years for the West Coast Offense,” Rodgers said. “I think it’s probably a lot quicker learning curve having played 11 seasons as the starter, but kind of personally I’d like to feel really good about it by the end of minicamp leaving here in June and feel good coming back in training camp and being able to spit plays out formationally with motions and concepts quickly and understand all the checks and intricacies of the offense. That’s kind of the expectation.”

33 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't see the comparison. This was a business arrangement. He got to be an extra, Game Of Thrones got to talk about how he was in it and try and steal more eyes.

Half the cast ripped this thing. The actors who played Jamie, Tyrion, Bran, and Dany have all gone on record saying it was terrible. I'm sure there are more, I haven't been looking.

This. Plus, I have to wonder if the fact that he didn't make it into an obvious scene might also have something to do with his lack of filter. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he got left on the cutting room floor.