Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

4 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I started watching football regularly around 99’ -2000, didn’t get to see MVP Favre. Were people on him then too?

If you think I'm hard on Aaron, you've never read my essay on Brett, "Almost as many INTs and Fumbles Lost as 'Rushing and Passing TDs from 1998 to 2008" Favre rant.

255 TDs to 241 TOs.

And Wisconsin people liked him more than they like Rodgers. 

4 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I started watching football regularly around 99’ -2000, didn’t get to see MVP Favre. Were people on him then too?

on here (or sites like it) Favre didn't sniff the amount of criticism Rodgers currently gets until very very late in his career (2006/2007) from a small minority. Then it caught wind after his shenanigans to land in Minnesota and many hated him and recognized his trash from 98-2006.

Joe Public loved (loves?) Favre WAAAYYY more than Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you think I'm hard on Aaron, you've never read my essay on Brett, "Almost as many INTs and Fumbles Lost as 'Rushing and Passing TDs from 1998 to 2008" Favre rant.

255 TDs to 241 TOs.

Not me.  Farve was a tough, gritty, swash buckling football player that was a beer drinking, butt kicking dude that Wisconsin fans could relate to.  That being said, he made some tremendous plays and always played no matter what.  However, he was totally unaware often times of where he was throwing the football.  His many interceptions that killed many drives and lost games were heart breaking.  I'll take Rodgers any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Not me.  Farve was a tough, gritty, swash buckling football player that was a beer drinking, butt kicking dude that Wisconsin fans could relate to.  That being said, he made some tremendous plays and always played no matter what.  However, he was totally unaware often times of where he was throwing the football.  His many interceptions that killed many drives and lost games were heart breaking.  I'll take Rodgers any day of the week and twice on Sundays.  

Favre was a drug addict, alcoholic, serial womanizer who routinely cheated on his wife with breast cancer, while also being a phony, fake humble, *******. This romanticized notion of Favre as a good ole' boy who didn't mean no harm is ridiculous. 

Excusing a decade of mediocre play because people liked THAT personality is something that will never make any sense to me.

No duh Rodgers is a better QB. That's not even debatable

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

That’s pretty accurate! Favre had a cannon arm but Rodgers throws guided missiles. Look back at the mid 90’s though, those qb’s were so much different 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Favre was a drug addict, alcoholic, serial womanizer who routinely cheated on his wife with breast cancer, while also being a phony, fake humble, *******. This romanticized notion of Favre as a good ole' boy who didn't mean no harm is ridiculous. 

Excusing a decade of mediocre play because people liked THAT personality is something that will never make any sense to me.

I think you may hate people more than me! That’s saying something since I’m the poster boy against social programs and “woke”ness

• Like 1

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

on here (or sites like it) Favre didn't sniff the amount of criticism Rodgers currently gets until very very late in his career (2006/2007) from a small minority. Then it caught wind after his shenanigans to land in Minnesota and many hated him and recognized his trash from 98-2006.

Joe Public loved (loves?) Favre WAAAYYY more than Rodgers.

Even as a teenager I was like WTF is that guy doing lol. 

I remember the summer of Favre quite well. I gotta say I was done with him

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Even as a teenager I was like WTF is that guy doing lol. 

I remember the summer of Favre quite well. I gotta say I was done with him

I was done with him a little earlier than most, I think. Around 2004. I got sick of him openly contemplating retirement every year. I was glad when they drafted Rodgers. Favre needed to know that he was replaceable.

In spite of all the shenanigans, we can still appreciate Favre's excellent play for many years though. Heck, a lot of my favorite musicians are not the most morally upstanding characters either. 

1 hour ago, Greg C. said:

I was done with him a little earlier than most, I think. Around 2004. I got sick of him openly contemplating retirement every year. I was glad when they drafted Rodgers. Favre needed to know that he was replaceable.

In spite of all the shenanigans, we can still appreciate Favre's excellent play for many years though. Heck, a lot of my favorite musicians are not the most morally upstanding characters either. 

I always thought Favre was extremely childish and selfish. Once Aaron played that Dallas game when Brett got hurt, I was sold.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Totally agree but there are many who don't.  Wasn't even mentioned but him going to the Vikings to stick it to the Packers to me was the greatest sin.  Just barely getting over it years later.

• Like 1

255 TDs to 241 TOs.

Weren’t you super young? At that age I was watching X-men, you were writing scouting reports on a QB who was playing before you were in existence. Love it.

While, I largely believe all those things occurred. Important to note some of them are documented while others are accusations without hard evidence ( no pun intended). 

12 hours ago, Greg C. said:

One thing I've always noticed is that old people like Favre the most. They were always willing to overlook his little scandals, writing them off as good ol' boy behavior. Old people in general have never been as fond of Aaron Rodgers. He is like Jeff Gordon to Favre's Dale Earnhardt. 

I think that is a fair statement....Gordon to Earnhardt.

I go back to Lynn Dickey as the QB, too.  While I suffered for a great many years, I didn't suffer as long as some on this board.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I think that is a fair statement....Gordon to Earnhardt.

I go back to Lynn Dickey as the QB, too.  While I suffered for a great many years, I didn't suffer as long as some on this board.

Some older folks did like Farve better but after his idiot move going to the Vikings, he lost a lot of fans including me.  Been a fan for almost 60 years from Super Bowl 1 to now.  From Bart Starr all the way to Rodgers and for me, nobody beats Rodgers … period.  My son lives in Green Bay, knew him through business dealings and mentioned  Farve was quite the dirt bag for numerous reasons.  No thanks, this old guy as mentioned before will take Rodgers any day of the week and twice on Sundays.