Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Ground pepper I use far more liberally. Salt can adjust a foods flavor too dramatically. Best leave that to the tastes of the individual plates.

Not when done properly in the beginning!  That came to me from one of the best chef's in Milwaukee.  Great guy, Chef Michael Feker.

It's cool if you think otherwise, but I guarantee you that any chef worth his, uh, salt, is going to properly season meat before they cook it.

I love to eat the fish that I catch.  Nothing better.

I told him about it and he said just hit the fillets with a touch of salt, pepper and whatever seasoning I like and cook them a fry pan, medium heat, little olive oil.

Darned if he wasn't right.  It is even better in most cases than my homemade fish batter that gets deep fried.

If you want to try it at home, just a touch of sea salt, coarse pepper, touch of garlic, touch of celery salt and then a little bit of oregano.

Get that olive oil on medium heat, get the fillet in there, flip once, and serve.  I like mine with a little fresh lemon on it.

And now I've taken to doing that to most fish that I catch or purchase...only I'm doing them on the grill.  Even better.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

This is the only salt and pepper I need

jch9afghgnxhxqezb4c3.jpg

*Edit - I just realized Mason Crosby looks like Tyrion Lannister

Dude...we had the Peter Dinklage thing nailed down on his draft day. But welcome to the party. Your new problem is unseeing it. 

24 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

rodgers “liked” this by popping. I know tracking likes are dumb but he dosent do it much. The media is trying their best for a story here.

Edited by YaddaHolla

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I guarantee you that any chef worth his, uh, salt, is going to properly season meat before they cook it.

Salt is but one of many seasonings.

love to eat the fish that I catch.  Nothing better.

I'm (almost) strictly a catch and release guy. That's better :)

And now I've taken to doing that to most fish that I catch or purchase...only I'm doing them on the grill.  Even better.

I should do more grilling....but I hardly use the oven as it is.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:
rodgers “liked” this by popping. I know tracking likes are dumb but he dosent do it much. The media is trying their best for a story here.

I agree.

Water off a ducks back IMO. AR (comfortably) knows where he stands and that his level of play will insure both his GB and NFL legacy. I dont think his world is rocked by a draft pick.

The media has *NOTHING* to report or write about.

What have we got? COVID19 stuff and the DC crowd. Yuk.

Those that consume sports have nothing to consume (and regurgitate) now. So - bypassing the real drama's in their lives, they're a captive audience for the "drama" of the sports world.

If they ran reruns of Peyton's Place - with Peyton Manning as a lead character - it would be a top rated program right about now.

1 hour ago, YaddaHolla said:

Good someone like Brady to finally say something. ESPN been running love vs Rodgers for the last 24 hrs with no names sources just anyomous statements from people on how Rodgers feels. Maybe wait till you get love or Rodgers statement to cover this. Instead of acting like your opinion is facts all day.

Continuing a little two year comparison 

Aaron 1,172 attempts 8,444 yards 51 TDs 6 ints 

Cousins 1,050 attempts 7,900 yards 56 TDs 16 INTs ( a lot of fumbles)

Wentz 1,008  attempts 7100 yards 48 TDs  14 ints 

Also 

Dak has 1,120 attempts 

Brady 1,180

Watson 1000

So it looks like to me outside of Mahomes, Jackson * and Wilson ,  he’s still been playing at a top 10 level, I’d argue closer to the top 5.

and that’s despite throwing to two mid round rookies, Randall Cobb and Jimmy Graham as his secondary targets in 2018 in a broken offense. 

Then the following year with Graham , Allison , half the year of MVS and 45 targets to Jamal Williams. This in an entirely new offense.

That’s pretty damn good in my eyes. 

Edited by Rainmaker90