Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

20 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Or he feels that Ball will be really reluctant to pony up the money on his next contract. 

That’s a more precise way of saying what I said.  Thank you.  Just wondering if there’s anyone in the org (not a fellow teammate) who Aaron really likes at this point?  He doesn’t seem very confident or happy with things in the past (defense) or present (not being consulted about Van Pelt).  This team/org needs to get its mojo, swagger, and confidence back.  Last season really took a toll.

On 2/2/2018 at 5:12 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

The 34-year-old acknowledged Thursday in an interview with The Associated Press that he may have to play for another team like Brett Favre did at the end of his Hall-of-Fame career.

LOL.  Out of context it sounds like Aaron is ready to play somewhere else.  In the context of the interview it was a nothing burger.  He also said this,  "I think you have to be humble enough to realize if it could happen to Brett, it can happen to you," Rodgers said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

5 years/ 137.5m for Jimmy G. RIP our roster after we re-sign Aaron.

I had to whip out the calculator because I couldn't believe the APY my head was telling me. Let's see the guarantees and exits but that is outrageous.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

5 years/ 137.5m for Jimmy G. RIP our roster after we re-sign Aaron.

Which is reason number a billion why I do not want to re-sign him.  We will not win a Super Bowl if we pay Rodgers what he's worth.  Period. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Which is reason number a billion why I do not want to re-sign him.  We will not win a Super Bowl if we pay Rodgers what he's worth.  Period. 

I'm on board with you, but I want to keep him for two more years at his current deal, and then make that decision.

Just now, packfanfb said:

How will we if we dont?

We'll trade Rodgers after this coming year for three first round draft picks, use two of them on quarterbacks to hedge our bets on the position, trade the one we don't stick with for two more first round picks and just keep drafting defense. 

• Like 1

Are we over-exaggerating a bit the potential problems a Rodgers extension will cost us? I mean, his cap number is already at about $20 million this year and $21 million next year. Lets say we extend him at an average of $30 million, probably the first few years at a lower cap number and then it escalates....so if hes around $25-27 million the first few years of that new deal, does that destroy us? Basically erases $5-7 million a year that we cant use to overpay a guy like Randall Cobb or Morgan Burnett. I mean, surely we are going to need to draft better but we will still be able to sign a guy here and there in FA as well. Not an ideal situation but I don't see a death sentence.

• Like 2

Since the Brett Favre led Packers won the Super Bowl there have been 21 Super Bowls.  In those 21 games 29 of the 42 starting QBs were future HOF QBs.  Of those 21 wins all but  3 were won by a future HOF QB.   Yes they had good defenses but they also had exceptional QB play.  

• Like 2