Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

7srGtdc.gif

"Lazard, I see you open for a first down, but throwing this ball to Davante makes my **** tingle," - Aaron Rodgers getting ready to set himself up for 3rd and 8 where he misses a blitz and gets sacked.

Man, Rodgers even had the edge guy who dropped into coverage moving away from the middle, creating a beautiful window to Lazard.  Sigh.

15 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

You won’t be missed.

Don't really care lol

Lots of self righteous sunsovbitches in this forum that can't see their *** from the sky so I don't really care. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Don't really care lol

Lots of self righteous sunsovbitches in this forum that can't see their *** from the sky so I don't really care. 

Serious question, do you think Rodgers has been above average starting material in 2019?

You might be right and we could end up with a huge turd, but if you didn't know Rodgers before 2 seasons ago I really want doubt you would defend him like this.

Y'all act like finding a feasible QB replacement and winning a Super Bowl with the saved money is easy. Gee, I wonder why they call em franchise QBs. Nobody is walking away from a successful QB in hopes of finding one with half the skill just because the expenditure is better off. Nobody. We have franchises that paid Joe Flacco and are going to pay Dak Prescott and you think it's easy to replace a franchise QB lol. 

Sure, in practice it's flawless. Reality? Now that's another story. But, sure, I'm the bad guy.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Serious question, do you think Rodgers has been above average starting material in 2019?

You might be right and we could end up with a huge turd, but if you didn't know Rodgers before 2 seasons ago I really want doubt you would defend him like this.

If you guys took one second to read, you'd see that I haven't given Aaron a free pass and said he's highly inconsistent and maddening. I'm not dumb nor ignorant. I just realize that finding a QB that can lead you to the Super Bowl isn't some easy venture like others like to think it is. I'm not out here defending him against guys like Mahomes and Jackson. I'm out here defending him against scrubs like Prescott and Foles. 

I'm just more willing to take my shot with #12 than I am with some joe blow nobody just to save money.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

If you guys took one second to read, you'd see that I haven't given Aaron a free pass and said he's highly inconsistent and maddening. I'm not dumb nor ignorant. I just realize that finding a QB that can lead you to the Super Bowl isn't some easy venture like others like to think it is. I'm not out here defending him against guys like Mahomes and Jackson. I'm out here defending him against scrubs like Prescott and Foles. 

I'm just more willing to take my shot with #12 than I am with some joe blow nobody just to save money.

I think Dak was better than Rodgers this year if I have to be honest. 

I'm not in this thing to save money or anything. I just don't think he's that good anymore and it doesn't seem like he thinks he needs to do enough to adjust (if it's possible, I believe it is) at this point. That's why I hate him. I still think he can be so much better but doesn't feel he's any worse than he ever was, that's my impression anyways 

Just now, Norm said:

I think Dak was better than Rodgers this year if I have to be honest. 

I'm not in this thing to save money or anything. I just don't think he's that good anymore and it doesn't seem like he thinks he needs to do enough to adjust (if it's possible, I believe it is) at this point. That's why I hate him. I still think he can be so much better but doesn't feel he's any worse than he ever was, that's my impression anyways 

Dak sucks. Bulk stats are a **** way to judge QBs. Watch Dak on a weekly basis and tell me he's better than Aaron. 

He's 36 years old, in a new system for the 1st time in his career, with mediocre talent around him. I'll give him a pass until next season. If he's the same way next year, I'll be right there with you. You can bet that. I'm not unrealistic here. I'm just willing to take variables into account and realize things aren't black and white.

• Like 1