Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, PackGymRat said:

https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1219048138385887232/photo/1

AR choking against good teams in playoffs like he usually does.

This man just isn’t the same in the playoffs anymore (and hasn’t been since 2010).

But I'm exaggerating how often Rodgers passes on open receivers.  Lol.  Looks like he had Davante open for a first down (can't be sure on that one), but not passing to Kumerow here at least is inexcusable. 

Rodgers is the best worst QB. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

But I'm exaggerating how often Rodgers passes on open receivers.  Lol.  Looks like he had Davante open for a first down (can't be sure on that one), but not passing to Kumerow here at least is inexcusable. 

Rodgers is the best worst QB. 

He Misreads defenses, doesn’t see the blitz, doesn’t audible as much, doesn’t take risk, but when he does its into triple coverage and the pass is behind the receiver.

Yes, his ability has diminished (accuracy, speed, scrambling away from pressure). But it looks like he is more a head case then anything else. The man is no longer super human. 

Halfway through 2nd quarter, Pack had -4 passing yards. Rodgers playing at an elite level in playoffs is long gone. Regular season he will still do well because he can pad his stats against crappy teams.

3 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

He Misreads defenses, doesn’t see the blitz, doesn’t audible as much, doesn’t take risk, but when he does its into triple coverage and the pass is behind the receiver.

Yes, his ability has diminished (accuracy, speed, scrambling away from pressure). But it looks like he is more a head case then anything else. The man is no longer super human. 

Halfway through 2nd quarter, Pack had -4 passing yards. Rodgers playing at an elite level in playoffs is long gone. Regular season he will still do well because he can pad his stats against crappy teams.

I think his game leaves a bit to be desired, but I'll leave it up to LaFleur and Gute to make the call.  If they pull the trigger on a QB in the first two rounds it probably signals they are willing to move on at some point soon.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think his game leaves a bit to be desired, but I'll leave it up to LaFleur and Gute to make the call.  If they pull the trigger on a QB in the first two rounds it probably signals they are willing to move on at some point soon.

I don’t think anything dramatic is needed Right away. But if an AR type draft scenario occurs Packers need to pull the trigger. It’s going to take the person 2-3 years to get comfortable so sitting behind AR will be a good learning experience.

Plus history shows QBs going in the first round doesn’t mean squat wether they would be successful. So blowing a 1st round pick doesn’t mean instant success.

It doesn’t matter if AR has Jordy, Jennings, Cobb or just a rag tag group of receivers, history has shown he collapses mentally in the playoffs against skilled teams. I think teams have begun to figure him out. AR cannot handle pressure in his face.

Man this rehashing and hyperbole on Rodgers is getting tough to read every day. Has he been great? No. Has he been trash? No. This year he has been ok. More inconsistent than anything. What the cause of that inconsistency is I don’t know. He may not trust what he sees anymore or just doesn’t have the physical ability. He misses open throws but I’m willing to guess (I’m not going to go back and look it up) that even during his peak years he was missing a lot of open receivers as well he just executed the scramble drill so well he masked the issue. But the constant bashing and dragging of Rodgers gets old. We all know he isn’t what he was but he still isn’t a bottom 5 QB as some want you to believe. It almost makes a guy want his replacement to be real trash so people can realize how spoiled fans have become. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Man this rehashing and hyperbole on Rodgers is getting tough to read every day. Has he been great? No. Has he been trash? No. This year he has been ok. More inconsistent than anything. What the cause of that inconsistency is I don’t know. He may not trust what he sees anymore or just doesn’t have the physical ability. He misses open throws but I’m willing to guess (I’m not going to go back and look it up) that even during his peak years he was missing a lot of open receivers as well he just executed the scramble drill so well he masked the issue. But the constant bashing and dragging of Rodgers gets old. We all know he isn’t what he was but he still isn’t a bottom 5 QB as some want you to believe. It almost makes a guy want his replacement to be real trash so people can realize how spoiled fans have become. 

I concur that after the Packers defense was historically bad in yet another one of its epic playoff disasters, there is way too much blaming of Rodgers' as the culprit for the lack of post season success (yesterday and over the past decade).

I also agree with Nagler's criticism of Rodgers here.

18 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I concur that after the Packers defense was historically bad in yet another one of its epic playoff disasters, there is way too much blaming of Rodgers' as the culprit for the lack of post season success (yesterday and over the past decade).

When was the last fumbled exchange for Rodgers in a game?  I suspect he was stunned at what happened just like the rest of us.

10 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

I don’t agree with that criticism either. At first I thought that was the case but the replay showed the ball kick forward towards the defense. If Rodgers dives for that he has very little chance to recover and a high chance of getting stepped on or hurt by one of the many lineman in he area 

Just now, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I don’t agree with that criticism either. At first I thought that was the case but the replay showed the ball kick forward towards the defense. If Rodgers dives for that he has very little chance to recover and a high chance of getting stepped on or hurt by one of the many lineman in he area 

So would you then say that Rodgers made a business decision in a conference championship game?

4 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

It was more the pissed off, how could you let that happen Corey look on Rodgers' face that I did not like.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

It was more the pissed off, how could you let that happen Corey look on Rodgers' face that I did not like.

Yea I could see that. I don’t really take into account body language a lot since Rodgers kind of always looks pissed off or annoyed. There is a possibility he couldn’t even see the ball in between all he bodies too.