Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

10 hours ago, Pugger said:

When was the last fumbled exchange for Rodgers in a game?  I suspect he was stunned at what happened just like the rest of us.

True .. it never happens.  Still though .. I think he should have been doing all he could to get that ball back.  It was a critical error .. basically ended our day.

3 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Yea I could see that. I don’t really take into account body language a lot since Rodgers kind of always looks pissed off or annoyed. There is a possibility he couldn’t even see the ball in between all he bodies too. 

There are times to be piss off or annoyed at others ... I did not think that was the time or the place for Rodgers to be pissed off at Linsley.

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Did they ever show his face?

They showed him after the play from what I remember. It was the same look he has after every bad play. So I’m not reading into as anything directed towards any single player. Just disgusted with how things went down. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

They showed him after the play from what I remember. It was the same look he has after every bad play. So I’m not reading into as anything directed towards any single player. Just disgusted with how things went down. 

He sure isn't an uplifting sort when things are going poorly.  Not a strong suit of #12.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

My additions to this:

First play:

That ball needs to come out as stated. I think he was sweating the ILB, and I just don't know what to say about this. You either believe you have NFL arm strength or you don't. That ball needs to come out. Passing up a barely risky but necessary throw to come back to looking at a covered Davante and then taking a sack is a staple of his game at this point.

+++

The second play the one where the protection gets blown. I disagree with this assessment in a lot of ways.

He's right that this doesn't necessarily NEED to be hot. But he's wrong in that down, distance, and game situation, means this SHOULD be hot and Rodgers needs to change it to hot.

If you've got that CB blitzing, and that alignment of the safety and the boundary CB, there's no reason this shouldn't have been switched to a blitz beater.  Running Kumerow as a little out route or even a little flare screen gets this done. Even a curl probably wins this for you. But he didn't want to do it. He wanted to take his shot to Davante on Sherman. 

That's just bad risk analysis. You're counting on your group to stop a 6 man blitz, and not just stone it immediately, that has to hold up for a LONG time if that's the route you're going to run on it. 

+++

Agree that Rodgers is 100% responsible for the blown snap. 

Disagree that Rodgers could've gotten back on it or even fixed anything by making a blind and desperate dive for nothing. He probably couldn't find the ball.

Agree that Rodgers standing there petulantly with hands on hips is a terrible look. 

+++

Strongly disagree on the assessment of the interception.

There are several teams, us included, that run the stop route on the boundary to hold that linebacker outside so he can't cheat and try to cut under it for a quick interception. If Lazard burns by him, we've got LBs trained well enough on the pattern recognition now that they know to flow back inside and try to undercut this for a cheap one. 

As far as Allison needing to throttle down there, he doesn't get the first down if he throttles down there. Rodgers needs to make a big boy throw into a small window. He just missed the throw. 

+++

Don't care about Aaron's frustrated heave at the end. Who cares?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

If you can spare 7 minutes, here's some of the top plays for the 2019 Packers offense

Crazy the drop off MVS had from the first half of the season to the second.  He was flashing some truly dynamic playmaking ability in those first 7 weeks.  

• Like 1