Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

2 hours ago, Donzo said:

The bolded part of your quote is as inaccurate as anything ever posted here.

While his pears (Brady, Brees & Manning in Denver) were part of a system with excellent defenses and some great coaching, Rodgers has been the Packers' system since after winning SB XLV. No player has had more responsibility for the success of his team than Rodgers.

He's the #1 rated post season QB since he started making the playoffs in 2010 and the #1 all time rated passer in the history of the NFL.

He should have made the most money in the NFL. Instead, he's just above guys like Matt Ryan and Phillip Rivers.

So, as stated, he's been an amazing bargain for the Packers. Too bad the team didn't take better advantage of it. 

Aaron Rodgers is 5th in career earnings.

Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Ryan are the only ones who have made more. He will almost assuredly end up passing the first 3 by the time his career is over and also hasn't played as many years as those guys.

Ryan has made 4 million dollars more so far but also was the beneficiary of the ludicrous pre 2011 CBA rookie wage scale.

So Rodgers is not the #1 highest paid player in the history of the NFL. He's two years and a fluke of a business labor agreement from being there.

On 5/29/2020 at 8:21 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Aaron Rodgers is 5th in career earnings.

Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, and Ryan are the only ones who have made more. He will almost assuredly end up passing the first 3 by the time his career is over and also hasn't played as many years as those guys.

Ryan has made 4 million dollars more so far but also was the beneficiary of the ludicrous pre 2011 CBA rookie wage scale.

So Rodgers is not the #1 highest paid player in the history of the NFL. He's two years and a fluke of a business labor agreement from being there.

It's insulting to compare Rodgers prime to anyone in this era but Brees and Brady. I'd argue his prime easily tops theirs too. Anyone saying when it comes to career earnings we haven't gotten our money's worth is living in recency bias. 

From 2009-2016 we're talking about the most efficient player in league history at the most important position in pro sports.

The fact that he isn't #1 in career earnings means we've achieved incredible value.

I'm OK with criticizing 2017-current Rodgers. I can't believe you are anything more than agenda pushing if you're going to start with 2009-2016 Rodgers.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's insulting to compare Rodgers prime to anyone in this era but Brees and Brady. I'd argue his prime easily tops theirs too. Anyone saying when it comes to career earnings we haven't gotten our money's worth is living in recency bias. 

From 2009-2016 we're talking about the most efficient player in league history at the most important position in pro sports.

The fact that he isn't #1 in career earnings means we've achieved incredible value.

I'm OK with criticizing 2017-current Rodgers. I can't believe you are anything more than agenda pushing if you're going to start with 2009-2016 Rodgers.

I'm not doing anything with Good Rodgers. Rodgers was good value when he was still really good.

I'm rejecting the idiot notion that we shouldn't hold Rodgers current play to the standard of his contract because he might have been underpaid in 2011. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not doing anything with Good Rodgers. Rodgers was good value when he was still really good.

I'm rejecting the idiot notion that we shouldn't hold Rodgers current play to the standard of his contract because he might have been underpaid in 2011. 

That's fair, looking at the last two years and 2021 I'd agree. It would be hard for him to not live up to his number this year.

As a whole from 2005-current day would you say we've come out on the plus side of value?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

That's fair, looking at the last two years and 2021 I'd agree. It would be hard for him to not live up to his number this year.

As a whole from 2005-current day would you say we've come out on the plus side of value?

I have a hard time seperating 2020 and 2021 considering the only reason the 2020 number is palatable is because the 2021 number is absurd due to the restructure.

46 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

career earnings (roughly relative to cap at the time)

There are other players in the history of the NFL who have provided more CAV per dollar than Rodgers

You never said he was the largest bargain in NFL history, you said he had been paid more than he had produced, which is a ridiculous statement.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You never said he was the largest bargain in NFL history, you said he had been paid more than he had produced, which is a ridiculous statement.

I did not say that.

Go read what I said again. You left out the most critical part lol

On 5/31/2020 at 8:18 PM, Packerraymond said:

Good post, but 2017 was a great year for Rodgers... Maybe even his greatest season!

I guess if you want to criticize him for getting hurt there's an angle there, but his attempt to save the Packers season with his injury is what makes the season so great. He was his typical great self before the injury. His passer rating was around 108 and he had Jordy on near a record pace for TDs. He gets hurt, the team implodes.

With the season on the line, he comes back and plays with a broken collar bone. Just an amazing act of bravery by #12! He literally put his life on the line to save the season for the team... That's what made 2017 so special and truly great!

13 hours ago, Donzo said:

Good post, but 2017 was a great year for Rodgers... Maybe even his greatest season!

I guess if you want to criticize him for getting hurt there's an angle there, but his attempt to save the Packers season with his injury is what makes the season so great. He was his typical great self before the injury. His passer rating was around 108 and he had Jordy on near a record pace for TDs. He gets hurt, the team implodes.

With the season on the line, he comes back and plays with a broken collar bone. Just an amazing act of bravery by #12! He literally put his life on the line to save the season for the team... That's what made 2017 so special and truly great!

Good Lord you're a herb

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Donzo said:

Nothing made 2017 special or great. We missed the playoffs and had a losing record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Nothing made 2017 special or great. We missed the playoffs and had a losing record.

Rodgers limited performance and bravery was indeed great in 2017... It certainly wasn't Rodgers' fault the team sucked without him.