Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

2 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Can't forget Anthony Dilweg, Randy Wright and David Whitehurst.

What collection of terrible QBs.

IMO David Whitehurst was the least terrible of our not good quarterbacks, and for a fact he was the last Green Bay quarterback to be older than me as a rookie. 

7 hours ago, Lieker said:

While I agree he is having a sub-optimal season, why do you think he has had the ridiculous amount of throwaways? I would guess playing with 2 rookie receivers and a beat up interior line plays a major role. Not to say Rodgers shouldn't shoulder some of the blame, but those two factors seem to play a large role. 

It could also be because he's passed up checkdowns in search of the big play, thus forcing him to throw it away when the rookies don't execute a scramble drill correctly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lieker said:

While I agree he is having a sub-optimal season, why do you think he has had the ridiculous amount of throwaways? I would guess playing with 2 rookie receivers and a beat up interior line plays a major role. Not to say Rodgers shouldn't shoulder some of the blame, but those two factors seem to play a large role. 

Not checking down while looking for big passes, and refusing to throw into any tight window. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm suggesting when you say Rodgers is the very best of all time and someone says "what about his 2018?" What will you say?

There's nothing that can tarnish his legacy as a HOF QB, but GOATs don't have seasons like this. When you debate if he's the best ever, you'll have to have a logical explanation for this season.

I really don’t think people are going to look at season where a QB throws about 30 TDs and 1 INT and see it as a negative. This isn’t his best season by far but it’s not terrible like others are making it seem. It’s just magnified because it’s not what we’re used to with him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really don’t think people are going to look at season where a QB throws about 30 TDs and 1 INT and see it as a negative. This isn’t his best season by far but it’s not terrible like others are making it seem. It’s just magnified because it’s not what we’re used to with him.

This season is one where the stats will look a lot better than the season really was.  And we are likely to forget the poorest moments and see a lot of yards and a ridiculous TD:INT.  

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This season is one where the stats will look a lot better than the season really was.  And we are likely to forget the poorest moments and see a lot of yards and a ridiculous TD:INT.  

I don’t disagree with that at all.

When we talk about Aaron’s legacy, this year isn’t going to tarnish it in the slightest.

The original claim is that even if Aaron won another SB and MVP that this year would still weigh over his legacy , which I think is ridiculous.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not checking down while looking for big passes, and refusing to throw into any tight window. 

Fair enough. How often is that because the young WR’s ran the wrong route or ran it incorrectly? Not disagreeing necessary, just curious on your thoughts.

28 minutes ago, Lieker said:

Fair enough. How often is that because the young WR’s ran the wrong route or ran it incorrectly? Not disagreeing necessary, just curious on your thoughts.

"incorrectly" needs some context here. The offense changes each week- we heard AR talk about it on one of the passes he missed to Davante Adams

Normally, he wants Davante to do one thing, but vs that team and that cornerback and that coverage  he wanted Davante to do something different.
AR lamented that they just didn't have time to go over it all with the short week game at Seattle. So in that specific case, Adams ran the correct route and read, but AR would have opted for a different route adjustment vs that particular opponent.

Adams wasn't "incorrect" he just wasn't on the same page as AR that evening

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

"incorrectly" needs some context here. The offense changes each week- we heard AR talk about it on one of the passes he missed to Davante Adams

Normally, he wants Davante to do one thing, but vs that team and that cornerback and that coverage  he wanted Davante to do something different.
AR lamented that they just didn't have time to go over it all with the short week game at Seattle. So in that specific case, Adams ran the correct route and read, but AR would have opted for a different route adjustment vs that particular opponent.

Adams wasn't "incorrect" he just wasn't on the same page as AR that evening

I guess I'm referring more to MVS and EQ. There have been plenty of times this season you can see the frustration on Rodgers face after another incomplete pass/throwaway.  

2 hours ago, Lieker said:

Not nearly as frequently as you would think, and a lot of throws that aren't being made aren't timing throws. There's an opportunity to adjust your feet and throw a good ball after the break.

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t disagree with that at all.

When we talk about Aaron’s legacy, this year isn’t going to tarnish it in the slightest.

The original claim is that even if Aaron won another SB and MVP that this year would still weigh over his legacy , which I think is ridiculous.

Which legacy? HOF, definitely not.

GOAT conversation, likely will and I'd say should.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which legacy? HOF, definitely not.

GOAT conversation, likely will and I'd say should.

That's ridiculous.  So one average year tarnishes a player to the point they can't be GOAT?   

Brady has had average seasons.  Brees has had average seasons. Marino had some below average seasons.  

I guess the new GOAT is Mahomes since he's only had one year and has been outstanding.

• Like 1