Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, vegas492 said:

Fixed it for yah....  :)  

"Nickel" appears to be the preferred spelling for both the metal and the U.S. coin. The New American Heritage Dictionary does not allow the variant "nickle", although the Merriam Webster Collegiate Dictionary does.

Did you though? 

Listen, man... I obsesses over this stuff.  Grey/Gray, nickle/nickel, all of that.  I once spent fifteen minutes coming to a conclusion on whether or not it's highlighted or highlit.  I come to what I deem the proper conclusion and I do not change.  It's nickel. 

Edited by Outpost31

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you though? 

Listen, man... I obsesses over this stuff.  Grey/Gray, nickle/nickel, all of that.  I once spent fifteen minutes coming to a conclusion on whether or not it's highlighted or highlit.  I come to what I deem the proper conclusion and I do not change.  It's nickel. 

LOL.  I know yah do. 

In my crazy mind, I thought if you wouldn't only gift a nickel that would mean perhaps you feel like your education was lacking.  Therefore you'd be cute by spelling nickel as nickle.

True story...two books that I had to purchase as text books for one of my graduate level courses were Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and Zig Zigglar's Top Performance.  That degree isn't even worth the piece of paper it was printed on.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

LOL.  I know yah do. 

In my crazy mind, I thought if you wouldn't only gift a nickel that would mean perhaps you feel like your education was lacking.  Therefore you'd be cute by spelling nickel as nickle.

True story...two books that I had to purchase as text books for one of my graduate level courses were Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and Zig Zigglar's Top Performance.  That degree isn't even worth the piece of paper it was printed on.

True story, I had one semester left to get my Bachelor's degree in Film and Media and I had to take one more elective between race and gender in Harry Potter and a course on how racist George Lucas and Star Wars were, so I didn't even finish.  Left with a 3.97 GPA (eff math).  Might finish it up some day, but I'm pretty happy with my career trajectory right now, so I might not. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

True story, I had one semester left to get my Bachelor's degree in Film and Media and I had to take one more elective between race and gender in Harry Potter and a course on how racist George Lucas and Star Wars were, so I didn't even finish.  Left with a 3.97 GPA (eff math).  Might finish it up some day, but I'm pretty happy with my career trajectory right now, so I might not. 

Jaw dropped open when I read that.

I'm both happy and sad after reading it.  I'd say, swallow the pride, get the degree.  Even if the coursework is, uh, way off course, there is something about finishing things that you start.

And...very interested to see that you studied Film and Media.  You get into some nice thoughts concerning your favorite movies and now I know they are more than rambling musings of a fan.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Jaw dropped open when I read that.

I'm both happy and sad after reading it.  I'd say, swallow the pride, get the degree.  Even if the coursework is, uh, way off course, there is something about finishing things that you start.

And...very interested to see that you studied Film and Media.  You get into some nice thoughts concerning your favorite movies and now I know they are more than rambling musings of a fan.

Yeah, I'll get around to it eventually, I just got so disheartened by the degree program that it kinda killed any motivation I had.  The current state of movies is really discouraging for it, too. 

And my emphasis was actually in scriptwriting, so yes, I actually do know a thing or two about it, which makes failures by studios and writers and directors all the more frustrating for me.  I don't like to pull the, "I went to film school," card because that makes anyone look like a pretentious doofus, and I know more than most that film school is a bunch of people talking about how Jason's sword is a phallic symbol and Darth Vader represents the dark "other," and so does Alien in the Alien franchise, and how Alien was just about a white person's fear of being raped by a dark other, and how Star Wars is racist because its villain is black and how droids are the oppressed minority and how even though George Lucas is literally married to a black woman he's racist. 

I'll never forget that for one course I spent four hours on a writing project where they wanted me to argue that The Mummy (1999) was basically imperialism.  I spent four hours tearing that argument apart, going basically minute by minute in the movie for evidence, made a hell of a profound case and I got like a 70-80% grade on it where they basically told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Then I spent 20 minutes on an essay about how Se7en propagated racist stereotypes - LITERALLY 20 MINUTES - and I got a 99% grade on it and they said it was one of the finest essays they've graded, and I only missed 100% because I forgot to cite Network, which I used to show that Gweynyth Paltrow was only used as a plot device and the movie could have done a much better job at giving a voice for women instead of turning her into solely a plot device.  I think I still have those essays lying around somewhere.  I should try to dig them up. 

Definitely makes me wish I had picked a different field, but like I said, I'm happy where I'm at right now and it gave me a nice little hobby that I know will go nowhere, but that I still enjoy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I'll get around to it eventually, I just got so disheartened by the degree program that it kinda killed any motivation I had.  The current state of movies is really discouraging for it, too. 

And my emphasis was actually in scriptwriting, so yes, I actually do know a thing or two about it, which makes failures by studios and writers and directors all the more frustrating for me.  I don't like to pull the, "I went to film school," card because that makes anyone look like a pretentious doofus, and I know more than most that film school is a bunch of people talking about how Jason's sword is a phallic symbol and Darth Vader represents the dark "other," and so does Alien in the Alien franchise, and how Alien was just about a white person's fear of being raped by a dark other, and how Star Wars is racist because its villain is black and how droids are the oppressed minority and how even though George Lucas is literally married to a black woman he's racist. 

I'll never forget that for one course I spent four hours on a writing project where they wanted me to argue that The Mummy (1999) was basically imperialism.  I spent four hours tearing that argument apart, going basically minute by minute in the movie for evidence, made a hell of a profound case and I got like a 70-80% grade on it where they basically told me I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  Then I spent 20 minutes on an essay about how Se7en propagated racist stereotypes - LITERALLY 20 MINUTES - and I got a 99% grade on it and they said it was one of the finest essays they've graded, and I only missed 100% because I forgot to cite Network, which I used to show that Gweynyth Paltrow was only used as a plot device and the movie could have done a much better job at giving a voice for women instead of turning her into solely a plot device.  I think I still have those essays lying around somewhere.  I should try to dig them up. 

Definitely makes me wish I had picked a different field, but like I said, I'm happy where I'm at right now and it gave me a nice little hobby that I know will go nowhere, but that I still enjoy. 

Seriously.  I want you to email or PM me on here when you are done with the "Pre-Predator" movie script and the Post Predator Duke Prep Predator script.  The ones you talked about in the movie thread.  

And...not that any of this is about Rodgers, but you may feel "down" on your degree, but it sounds to me like your essays were an extension of you, which has a solid logic foundation to your beliefs.  With how you can communicate, don't let someone else's opinion of your opinion keep you from finishing that degree.  Heck, you don't let others on here, including me, change your viewpoint on certain things...don't let those other past things change how you think or what you do.

That's about all the soapbox I have in me.  But seriously, I'd love to read script synopsis of those two movies...maybe I could even add a thing or two.  Couldn't be any worse than the last Predator movie.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Seriously.  I want you to email or PM me on here when you are done with the "Pre-Predator" movie script and the Post Predator Duke Prep Predator script.  The ones you talked about in the movie thread.  

And...not that any of this is about Rodgers, but you may feel "down" on your degree, but it sounds to me like your essays were an extension of you, which has a solid logic foundation to your beliefs.  With how you can communicate, don't let someone else's opinion of your opinion keep you from finishing that degree.  Heck, you don't let others on here, including me, change your viewpoint on certain things...don't let those other past things change how you think or what you do.

That's about all the soapbox I have in me.  But seriously, I'd love to read script synopsis of those two movies...maybe I could even add a thing or two.  Couldn't be any worse than the last Predator movie.

I would seriously write them, but I can never get the motivation for it because it would go nowhere.  I have a lot of spec script ideas that I’d rather work on because those might actually go somewhere someday.  

As far as finishing my degree, it’s definitely something I’m going to do once I get closer to retiring.  Probably when I’m 40 I’ll do it and keep going because I could get a doctorate’s in film study and be able to call myself a doctor, and then when people dispute my movie opinions I can say, “Trust me, I’m a doctor.”

• Like 1

OC Hackett asked if fans will see same Aaron Rodgers playing in different offense, or a different Aaron Rodgers, this fall.
Hackett says he expects Rodgers to be Rodgers: "We're just seeing where we can take him either farther. We're trying to make it easier for him"

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I know I've been Captain Contrarion recently, but I greatly appreciate Rogers' ability to grow an appreciable villain stache when the time demands it. 

I wish he would have the stache all season, I wonder if it gets annoying to have tho after a while lol.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I know I've been Captain Contrarion recently, but I greatly appreciate Rogers' ability to grow an appreciable villain stache when the time demands it. 

He looks like my dad right now, which is weird because I’m a year older than Rodgers.