Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

6 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

What a waste of time..

Going back to page 64 and trying to read some football talk...

chusss...

Yeah, I gave up that cause. You probably should, too. Just capitulate and go along for the ride.

6 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I don't hate microbrews but I absolutely hate IPAs. They taste like someone put burnt garbage and lawn clippings in a beer. Then there's the new fad of New England style IPAs which taste like someone added a wine cooler to the mix.

Microbrews are a niche market and literally intended for snobby yupsters. Having worked most of my life in the service industry I completely understand that's a thing and it works. While they are just about the worst possible customers they are a very reliable base for any bar or restaurant in any mid to large city. 

My number one thing I don't get about microbrew snobs is it seriously limits where you can go out to eat or drink. If you fall in love with the citrus double IPA from little brewery X you're going to be able to get it from very few places and only most of the time until it disappears for good. 

When I lived in Wisconsin I mostly drank High Life. Now in Denver I mostly drink PBR. Not the best beers ever but the reasoning is that I can go to the nicest steakhouse in town or any random hole in the wall corner bar and there's a 95% chance I can get my beer of choice.

You live in Denver? You can go to just about any restaurant in Denver and get just about any craft beer on tap. I spent a week there and it was the greatest beer selection in the US. Milwaukee is pretty damn good too. Disagree you have only a select number of joints you can go to, it's harder for me to find a place to eat without minimum 3-4 good tap options than it is to find a place who doesn't serve any.

I don't think it's a niche market anymore either. That's what the big boys want you to think so you'll continue to drink the cheap stuff. I'd argue in populated areas you have a majority of people from all walks of life that drink it now.

Cruising around Germany, Switzerland and Ceskoslovenska I got accustomed to the warmer beer temps = more flavor scenario
However, I didn't throttle down on my normal rate of consumption and the intoxication came swiftly and without warning
That's when it pays to wear Bavarian Drinking Boots. They have weighted soles so you might wobble a bit, but you don't fall down

bigweeble.jpg

• Like 3

Nobody is going to convince me that beer is ever good room temperature.  I have to microwave my coffee for exactly 1 minute and 41 seconds out of the pot every morning to get the exact right temperature.  I have a beer fridge with only beer in it so that my beer is always the perfect temperature.  I put the exact same ratio of ice and water into my water gallon every day so that it stays the right temperature throughout my work day.  

Temperature is crucial with beverages.  

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Nobody is going to convince me that beer is ever good room temperature.  I have to microwave my coffee for exactly 1 minute and 41 seconds out of the pot every morning to get the exact right temperature.  I have a beer fridge with only beer in it so that my beer is always the perfect temperature.  I put the exact same ratio of ice and water into my water gallon every day so that it stays the right temperature throughout my work day.  

You are such a weirdo wtf

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am not a weirdo, I am the first of humanity evolved.  

You're only able to drink drinks at certain temperatures and you smash your fingers on your keyboard with no thought or care. Sounds like devolution to me

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I am not a weirdo, I am the first of humanity evolved.  

Which by definition would make you weird. But I think the point of evolution is to eat, survive or sex better. I'm not sure how consuming specific temperatures of liquid achieves those goals. 

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Holy ******* ****. There used to be a guy that would come into the bar I worked at and get a pop and microwave popcorn and he ALWAYS wanted it exactly 1 minute and 51 seconds. Are you related? I'm sad I can't say it was 1:41 but every time I see popcorn I wonder if they microwaved the secret amount of 151. 

I drink pop room temp because when I was a kid we were broke as **** and we didn't get very much. If I put it in the fridge my little sister would drink some. But if I never did, she wouldn't and she would never put any in the fridge herself. So I got all of it if I just left it warm lol. And that's the story of why I don't chill my pop or bottled water. 

Inb4 "you call it pop??!"

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Which by definition would make you weird. But I think the point of evolution is to eat, survive or sex better. I'm not sure how consuming specific temperatures of liquid achieves those goals. 

I'd say that you aren't doing some of those things right, then....  :)

• Like 1