Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Some older folks did like Farve better but after his idiot move going to the Vikings, he lost a lot of fans including me.  Been a fan for almost 60 years from Super Bowl 1 to now.  From Bart Starr all the way to Rodgers and for me, nobody beats Rodgers … period.  My son lives in Green Bay, knew him through business dealings and mentioned  Farve was quite the dirt bag for numerous reasons.  No thanks, this old guy as mentioned before will take Rodgers any day of the week and twice on Sundays.    

I'll always be a "Favre" guy.  Despite everything.  

But even I admit that Rodgers is the superior quarterback.  Favre was what was needed way back when.  He made GB relevant again and he did do amazing things.

Rodgers game is just different.  He's the most talented QB I've ever seen play.  The arm, the legs, the brain.   Kind of like Montana with a stronger arm.

I admire Favre (and Mac) because later in his career, he let his mind and his eyes guide him more than the arm or legs.  

I"m really liking how Rodgers is handling the new offense as I think he is more or less re-inventing himself this year, too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Weren’t you super young? At that age I was watching X-men, you were writing scouting reports on a QB who was playing before you were in existence. Love it.

While, I largely believe all those things occurred. Important to note some of them are documented while others are accusations without hard evidence ( no pun intended). 

Accusations without hard evidence would be the claim that Favre was a bigoted homophobe who tried to get reporters to out Ted Thompson under the belief that it would get him more leverage in Favre's attempts to run the team.

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Totally agree but there are many who don't.  Wasn't even mentioned but him going to the Vikings to stick it to the Packers to me was the greatest sin.  Just barely getting over it years later.

Living in the Twin Cities was excruciating back then.  The HC picked him up at the airport.  The crap Favre talked about the Pack, the **** pic he sent to the Jets girls; it just made me despise him.  Remember converting all the #4 jerseys to #41 with tape (go Havner!). Sadly, two of my favorite images of the traitor was the interception in New Orleans to crush their aspirations that year and Favre crumpled on the frozen turf in Minnesota against the Bears to end his career.

He could have retired a God, but he was too selfish by the end.

55 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Accusations without hard evidence would be the claim that Favre was a bigoted homophobe who tried to get reporters to out Ted Thompson under the belief that it would get him more leverage in Favre's attempts to run the team.

I think it likely occurred, but accusations without hard evidence is someone claiming Favre exposed himself to people and cheated on his wife based on a deadspin report. This is the issue with the new call-out/ cancel culture.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think it likely occurred, but accusations without hard evidence is someone claiming Favre exposed himself to people and cheated on his wife based on a deadspin report. This is the issue with the new call-out/ cancel culture.

The texts of him trying to **** Sterger aren't enough?

20 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have often wondered what percentage of posters have only experienced the Packers with Favre and Rodgers as QB1?

I’m one of those people. My dad has told me many times about the years of Packer football when they were what the Browns have been for such a long time now. Guess that’s why even with “only” two titles between Favre and Rodgers so far, I’m still more than blessed as a fan, knowing how awful it is out there for other fan bases who go so long without even getting to see a single playoff game, let alone a championship.