Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

4 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

I’m convinced with just a little better WR/TE play, a lot of Rodgers mistakes will be covered up. Let’s gets some dudes in at the skill positions. Right now there’s Jones and DA and occasionally Lazard will make a fine play or two. Build this thing like KC.

Some TE play would be nice. At least to acknowledge GB still employs TE's.

Other teams have been riding their TE's into the playoffs. GB's lucky if one of their TE's gets a reception or two - which I find amazing.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, St Vince said:

Surprised this hasn't been bumped. Rodgers QB play has been poor by his standards. That Lions game was basically a playoff game and Rodgers still hasn't elevated his play. I'm watching Wilson and  Brees Jimmy G others playing great. I watched Wilson hit every reciever on the money, no overthrows no throws behind guys etc. 

I'm really worried about Rodgers he sounds good in the media but his confidence looks shot. We all see it, bad mechanics, accuracy issues, terrible footwork, loss of arm strength. He looked terrible against a bad team with nothing to play for and an undrafted rookie. I have major concerns with Aaron. He's got to take these two weeks and get himself right or we're one and done whomever we play. Rodgers right now is the worse QB in the playoffs which is frightening to admit. No way we keep up with Brees or Jimmy with his flaws. I heard after Mac got the axe Rodgers said he wanted to be coached. Doesn't look that way to me.  he's gotten worse from a year ago. I give credit to Pettine more than Rodgers for our record. Wrong thread! What happened to the depreciation thread did they delete it?

This has got a lot to do with it. Sometimes you have to remember players are people as well and anyone can hit a bad run and lose confidence so you try too hard to make something happen and it becomes 100 times harder. The receivers have to help him - Rodgers will know better than anyone he needs to do better so when his first pass is perfect to Graham and he drops it again then he must be thinking the world is against him.

He needs to simplify - whoever called the long passes whether it was him or MLF didn't do him any favours. When you are on a run of iffy form then the last thing you need is a string of incompletions.

I think he will be fine next year. The penny will drop with the management that you can't ignore receivers forever and expect to get production in the passing game. I expect us to hit WR/TE hard hopefully using both early draft picks and free agency. That, combined with extra time in the system and reset confidence and he should (hopefully) be very productive again. 

I don't think shuffling the receivers all the time is helping. Honestly Geronimo can stand 20 yards away from everyone else and he's still probably not worth throwing to. If he catches it then he will probably fumble it. He's a good blocker but lousy receiver and when your QB needs to build confidence, a lousy receiver is the last thing you want so he shouldn't see the field. We hear a lot about how good the receivers are at blocking which is great but your receivers primary job is to receive. 

You probably want Adams and Lazard out there as much as possible and then decide between Kumerow and MVS when you go three wide. Maybe we just use less receivers which seems the obvious route when your receivers are weak but the tight ends aren't much kop either. Maybe we should be using more 2 RB sets.

6 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

This has got a lot to do with it. Sometimes you have to remember players are people as well and anyone can hit a bad run and lose confidence so you try too hard to make something happen and it becomes 100 times harder. The receivers have to help him - Rodgers will know better than anyone he needs to do better so when his first pass is perfect to Graham and he drops it again then he must be thinking the world is against him.

He needs to simplify - whoever called the long passes whether it was him or MLF didn't do him any favours. When you are on a run of iffy form then the last thing you need is a string of incompletions.

I think he will be fine next year. The penny will drop with the management that you can't ignore receivers forever and expect to get production in the passing game. I expect us to hit WR/TE hard hopefully using both early draft picks and free agency. That, combined with extra time in the system and reset confidence and he should (hopefully) be very productive again. 

I don't think shuffling the receivers all the time is helping. Honestly Geronimo can stand 20 yards away from everyone else and he's still probably not worth throwing to. If he catches it then he will probably fumble it. He's a good blocker but lousy receiver and when your QB needs to build confidence, a lousy receiver is the last thing you want so he shouldn't see the field. We hear a lot about how good the receivers are at blocking which is great but your receivers primary job is to receive. 

You probably want Adams and Lazard out there as much as possible and then decide between Kumerow and MVS when you go three wide. Maybe we just use less receivers which seems the obvious route when your receivers are weak but the tight ends aren't much kop either. Maybe we should be using more 2 RB sets.

Why Allison is still getting targets is a great mystery to me. Every time he catches the ball I hold my breath, because he fumbles so much. Why not replace him with Ryan Grant? Grant must know the offense by now! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Or he just is a mediocre player whose accuracy has gone to ****

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Or he just is a mediocre player whose accuracy has gone to ****

Fans like you and @Outpost31 and the thousands more out there like you have definitely cursed us post Rodgers.

We're going to be stuck with actual consistent mediocre QB play for the rest of my lifetime because you expect 36 year old Aaron to be 28 year old Aaron and if he's not, then he sucks.

Rodgers is 36. The guy will age like Brady, Brees, Favre, Manning. They all go through mediocre seasons (for their standards) in the mid 30s as their youthful skillset deteriorates and they have to accept it and reinvent themselves. The release quickness and platforms Rodgers can still throw off of is far superior to anyone I listed above, he's going to age like fine wine in a quick based offense. He just needs WRs that can win immediately and the internal acceptance that he's not mister extended play, downfield killer anymore.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fans like you and @Outpost31 and the thousands more out there like you have definitely cursed us post Rodgers.

We're going to be stuck with actual consistent mediocre QB play for the rest of my lifetime because you expect 36 year old Aaron to be 28 year old Aaron and if he's not, then he sucks.

Rodgers is 36. The guy will age like Brady, Brees, Favre, Manning. They all go through mediocre seasons (for their standards) in the mid 30s as their youthful skillset deteriorates and they have to accept it and reinvent themselves. The release quickness and platforms Rodgers can still throw off of is far superior to anyone I listed above, he's going to age like fine wine in a quick based offense. He just needs WRs that can win immediately and the internal acceptance that he's not mister extended play, downfield killer anymore.

That's like his whole identity man. I doubt it changes.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Why has that dam leopard not changed and become something else?

I personally believe there's a glaringly empty hole where humility usually resides. That's only my opinion however. I feel like he's gotta be one of the most sneaky arrogant people I've ever seen, except it isn't all that sneaky to me. That's why I doubt he ever changes.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, because fans like Polaris who were saying Favre needs to go four years before he actually left cursed us post-Favre. 

How many years does a player get to live off what they've done in the past?  Because Rodgers has not been elite since the divisional round of the 2014 playoffs. 

6.7 yards per attempt, 92.7 rating.
7.3 yards per attempt, 104.7 rating.
7.0 yards per attempt, 97.2 rating.
7.4 yards per attempt, 97.6 rating.
7.0 yards per attempt, 95.4 rating.

7.08 yards per attempt since 2015 is embarrassing.  Ryan Tannehill has 7.9 yards per attempt since 2015. 

Those are elite numbers if you're a quarterback in 1999-2009. 

Rodgers this year is 10th in touchdowns.  That's the only thing he's top ten in.

19th in completion percentage (Trubisky completed at a higher rate).
So did Hodges and Rudolph.  HODGES AND RUDOLPH. 
11th in yardage. 
20th in yards per attempt.  That is embarrassing. 

The single two things you can look at to measure future success for a QB is completion percentage and yards per attempt. 

Out of 50 rookie quarterbacks to start a minimum of three games since 2010, 16 have had more yards per attempt than Rodgers has had this year.

TIM TEBOW HAD MORE YARDS PER ATTEMPT THAN RODGERS IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. 

How are we cursing our next QB?  You act like we are crapping on a blessing when Rodgers is not a blessing.  I know people who don't know how to argue will say stuff like, "Whatever you say, man.  LOL at Prescott is better than Rodgers, lol," but 19 quarterbacks in this league have a higher completion percentage.  20 have more yards per attempt.  This isn't 2005 anymore where quarterback options are limited.  We have a head coach who got 68% on completions and 7.6 yards per attempt with Marcus Mariota in one year. 

Drew Lock was just taken in the second round of this year's draft and for Vic Fangio, after trading away their best receiver, in his rookie year, he completed 64% of his passes for 6.5 yards per attempt and you're acting like it's impossible to find another good QB. 

It's not.  Rodgers sucks.  Half the starting quarterbacks in the league would give us a better offense. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

I personally believe there's a glaringly empty hole where humility usually resides. That's only my opinion however. I feel like he's gotta be one of the most sneaky arrogant people I've ever seen, except it isn't all that sneaky to me. That's why I doubt he ever changes.

I am right there with you.  Aloof/arrogance shows out often from Rodgers.   Part of what makes him great, yet can limit him as well.

Vs Farve care free awe shucks mentality showed out.  Made him great and led to INT. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, because fans like Polaris who were saying Favre needs to go four years before he actually left cursed us post-Favre. 

How many years does a player get to live off what they've done in the past?  Because Rodgers has not been elite since the divisional round of the 2014 playoffs. 

6.7 yards per attempt, 92.7 rating.
7.3 yards per attempt, 104.7 rating.
7.0 yards per attempt, 97.2 rating.
7.4 yards per attempt, 97.6 rating.
7.0 yards per attempt, 95.4 rating.

7.08 yards per attempt since 2015 is embarrassing.  Ryan Tannehill has 7.9 yards per attempt since 2015. 

Those are elite numbers if you're a quarterback in 1999-2009. 

Rodgers this year is 10th in touchdowns.  That's the only thing he's top ten in.

19th in completion percentage (Trubisky completed at a higher rate).
So did Hodges and Rudolph.  HODGES AND RUDOLPH. 
11th in yardage. 
20th in yards per attempt.  That is embarrassing. 

The single two things you can look at to measure future success for a QB is completion percentage and yards per attempt. 

Out of 50 rookie quarterbacks to start a minimum of three games since 2010, 16 have had more yards per attempt than Rodgers has had this year.

TIM TEBOW HAD MORE YARDS PER ATTEMPT THAN RODGERS IN HIS ROOKIE YEAR. 

How are we cursing our next QB?  You act like we are crapping on a blessing when Rodgers is not a blessing.  I know people who don't know how to argue will say stuff like, "Whatever you say, man.  LOL at Prescott is better than Rodgers, lol," but 19 quarterbacks in this league have a higher completion percentage.  20 have more yards per attempt.  This isn't 2005 anymore where quarterback options are limited.  We have a head coach who got 68% on completions and 7.6 yards per attempt with Marcus Mariota in one year. 

Drew Lock was just taken in the second round of this year's draft and for Vic Fangio, after trading away their best receiver, in his rookie year, he completed 64% of his passes for 6.5 yards per attempt and you're acting like it's impossible to find another good QB. 

It's not.  Rodgers sucks.  Half the starting quarterbacks in the league would give us a better offense. 

Polaris was wrong. Did Favre not lead 3 separate teams to elite seasons (well technically not the Jets but he had them as the #1 seed until he tore his biceps and tried to play through it) to end his career? A NFCCG for us and the Vikings and had the Jets at 8-3. We made the right move to switch but Favre still had 3 elite years left. 

Brees, Manning, Brady all have stretches of mid 90s QBR in their 30s, Favre is even worse. Before hitting their stride again in their late 30s. Rodgers is going to be exactly the same thing. He's still trying to play like he's 28 and he's not. They all realize it.

Rodgers wasn't good enough this year. Rodgers doesn't suck, you might as well throw some "Fat Mac's" in that post because I lump you in the same IQ group when that's how you post.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Polaris was wrong. Did Favre not lead 3 separate teams to elite seasons (well technically not the Jets but he had them as the #1 seed until he tore his biceps and tried to play through it) to end his career? A NFCCG for us and the Vikings and had the Jets at 8-3. We made the right move to switch but Favre still had 3 elite years left. 

Brees, Manning, Brady all have stretches of mid 90s QBR in their 30s, Favre is even worse. Before hitting their stride again in their late 30s. Rodgers is going to be exactly the same thing. He's still trying to play like he's 28 and he's not. They all realize it.

Rodgers wasn't good enough this year. Rodgers doesn't suck, you might as well throw some "Fat Mac's" in that post because I lump you in the same IQ group when that's how you post.

You’re right, Rodgers doesn’t suck.  If you judged quarterbacks on how much they’re paid versus their production, Rodgers worse than sucks.  

Also, no.  Polaris was right.  Favre was incapable of playing in a big game without turning the ball over.  2007 championship game, 2009 Championship game.  

Edited by Outpost31

Just now, Outpost31 said:

You’re right, Rodgers doesn’t suck.  If you judged quarterbacks on how much they’re paid versus their production, Rodgers worse than sucks.  

I'm sure all those other QBs were paid a lot in their mid 30s for that production too. Brees, Manning, Brady, Favre. Suck, suck, suck, suck.

Keep ignoring this is a normal pattern for aging elite QBs.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'm sure all those other QBs were paid a lot in their mid 30s for that production too. Brees, Manning, Brady, Favre. Suck, suck, suck, suck.

Keep ignoring this is a normal pattern for aging elite QBs.

That’s kinda the entire point.  Quarterbacks shouldn’t be paid this amount of money in their mid thirties.  And actually Brady has never in his career taken up this cap percentage.