Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Are we over-exaggerating a bit the potential problems a Rodgers extension will cost us? I mean, his cap number is already at about $20 million this year and $21 million next year. Lets say we extend him at an average of $30 million, probably the first few years at a lower cap number and then it escalates....so if hes around $25-27 million the first few years of that new deal, does that destroy us? Basically erases $5-7 million a year that we cant use to overpay a guy like Randall Cobb or Morgan Burnett. I mean, surely we are going to need to draft better but we will still be able to sign a guy here and there in FA as well. Not an ideal situation but I don't see a death sentence.

Not to mention the fact that the Cap goes up every year.  Its been going up 10+ million per year since 2013

Just now, eyecatcher said:

Since the Brett Favre led Packers won the Super Bowl there have been 21 Super Bowls.  In those 21 games 29 of the 42 starting QBs were future HOF QBs.  Of those 21 wins all but  3 were won by a future HOF QB.   Yes they had good defenses but they also had exceptional QB play.  

Very easy to pic this apart to fit my argument.

Brady doesn't count.  He's getting paid easily 10 million less than he deserves.  His wife is worth more than he is.  If Rodgers pulls a Brady, sure, keep him.  Rodgers ain't gonna pull no damn Brady.  Remove 8 of those 29 futurue HOF quarterbacks to account for Brady getting paid less than he deserves.

Peyton Manning was one of them with the Broncos.  He was eff old, and Ossweiler could have won a Super Bowl on that Broncos team.  Remove another.  You're down to 20/42.

Russell Wilson was on his rookie deal.  Remove him to fit the QB cost - Super Bowl comparison.

That easily, you've got a majority of the starting Super Bowl quarterbacks being NON-HOF quarterbacks. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Brady doesn't count.  He's getting paid easily 10 million less than he deserves.  His wife is worth more than he is.  If Rodgers pulls a Brady, sure, keep him.  Rodgers ain't gonna pull no damn Brady.  Remove 8 of those 29 futurue HOF quarterbacks to account for Brady getting paid less than he deserves.

Peyton Manning was one of them with the Broncos.  He was eff old, and Ossweiler could have won a Super Bowl on that Broncos team.  Remove another.  You're down to 20/42.

Russell Wilson was on his rookie deal.  Remove him to fit the QB cost - Super Bowl comparison.

That easily, you've got a majority of the starting Super Bowl quarterbacks being NON-HOF quarterbacks. 

Fair enough but I'm not ready to gamble on draft picks working out.  Not enough quality QBs in the league to go around.  It is a QB driven league.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This makes no sense. They are HOF caliber QB's. Your final statement should read "You've got a majority of the starting SB QB's being HOF QB's on non-team friendly deals." They are HOFers, their contracts don't change that. Nor does their individual performance in the SB change it.

• Like 1

Defense and average QB makes more sense than great QB and average defense.  Period. 

I should really make a signature that says I believe, truly believe, 50% of the things I say.  I 23% believe the things I say about trading Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Defense and average QB makes more sense than great QB and average defense.  Period. 

I should really make a signature that says I believe, truly believe, 50% of the things I say.  I 23% believe the things I say about trading Rodgers. 

I bet your instances of a QB playing average throughout the post-season and winning a SB starts and stops with old Peyton Manning in the modern era.

Play into Rodgers ego.  Team friendly contract and make him the standard by being the first fully guaranteed contract.  You're only the highest paid for a year or so the way things are going, but if you were the FIRST to EVER get the fully guaranteed contract? That's a little bit of infamy.  Tack on a four year extension guaranteed $100M.  See if he bites.

• Like 1