Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

On 2/8/2018 at 3:08 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Defense and average QB makes more sense than great QB and average defense.  Period. 

I should really make a signature that says I believe, truly believe, 50% of the things I say.  I 23% believe the things I say about trading Rodgers. 

Very few average QBs have won a Super Bowl in the last 30 years (Brad Johnson, Nick Foles and Trent Dilfer.... maybe Im missing one).

Philly is the new flavor of the week.  They get through basically the entire NFL season with the best QB in the league but because Nick Foles had a couple good playoff games fans want to represent the idea that he's had the same success in the regular season that Went did.  Philly doesn't make the playoffs without elite play from their QB.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SSG said:

Very few average QBs have won a Super Bowl in the last 30 years (Brad Johnson, Nick Foles and Trent Dilfer.... maybe Im missing one).

Philly is the new flavor of the week.  They get through basically the entire NFL season with the best QB in the league but because Nick Foles had a couple good playoff games fans want to represent the idea that he's had the same success in the regular season that Went did.  Philly doesn't make the playoffs without elite play from their QB.  

Flacco. 

13 hours ago, SSG said:

Foles, Peyton Manning, Flacco, Eli Manning, Brady's first year, Johnson, Dilfer. 

As I've already shown, not one single quarterback has won a Super Bowl since before 2000 unless their defense gave up less than 20 points average throughout the postseason.  You can win the Super Bowl with bad to average QB play, but no QB ever has and no QB ever will win a Super Bowl with bad to average defensive play. 

Also, Aaron Rodgers is a whiner.  I really can't stand him.  Boo effing hoo, they cut Nelson.  I wasn't thrilled about it either, but if I was getting paid 20 million dollars and my team just signed a better receiving threat (Graham), I'd find a way to not ***** and moan about it. 

23 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Also, Aaron Rodgers is a whiner.  I really can't stand him.  Boo effing hoo, they cut Nelson.  I wasn't thrilled about it either, but if I was getting paid 20 million dollars and my team just signed a better receiving threat (Graham), I'd find a way to not ***** and moan about it. 

LOL! I am pretty sure Aaron understands the situation and is just sticking up for his guy. His friend stated he was hurt by the way it went down, Rodgers showed his support. Pretty crazy idea right? 

I mean it was also reported that Jimmy and Aaron talked about joining forces prior to free agency. Rodgers is smart enough to realize that would come at the expense of one of his guys. What you call whining I see as being a good teammate/friend. I mean what is he going to say? 

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

I mean what is he going to say? 

Not a damn thing.  Aaron has spoken out against two GMs now.  Bitched and moaned about Thompson when he said the team needs to be all in each year, bitched and moaned about Gute cutting Nelson.  Don't act like this is normal.  It's not.  Other franchise quarterbacks don't say a damn thing about management.  How many times did you hear Eli Manning complain?  Tom Brady?  Tom Brady is the biggest whiner there is, and yet how many times has he ever openly complained about how Belichick runs his team? 

You can support a teammate and friend by telling them how much they meant to you without dragging your GM through the mud.  Kinda exactly how Rodgers did with his post before this one, which openly complained. 

Rodgers is a whiner.  He whines about everything.  He whined about an extremely clean hit by Barr, he whined about Thompson, he's just a whiner.  I can't stand it. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not a damn thing.  Aaron has spoken out against two GMs now.  Bitched and moaned about Thompson when he said the team needs to be all in each year, bitched and moaned about Gute cutting Nelson.  Don't act like this is normal.  It's not.  Other franchise quarterbacks don't say a damn thing about management.  How many times did you hear Eli Manning complain?  Tom Brady?  Tom Brady is the biggest whiner there is, and yet how many times has he ever openly complained about how Belichick runs his team? 

You can support a teammate and friend by telling them how much they meant to you without dragging your GM through the mud.  Kinda exactly how Rodgers did with his post before this one, which openly complained. 

Rodgers is a whiner.  He whines about everything.  He whined about an extremely clean hit by Barr, he whined about Thompson, he's just a whiner.  I can't stand it. 

If his instagram post is whining. We have different definitions of whining...

"Hard to find the right words today to express what 87 means to me. No teammate exemplified what it means to be a Packer quite like him. From living in GB full time, his incredible contributions to the city, state and region, to his consistent, reliable play on the field. Definitely a sad day and the toughest part of the business. There will never be another like white lightning. #leader #brother # baller #loyal #champion #legacy #intact # stillcanplayball #backshoulder #1stSBTD"

I mean I guess #stillcanplayball is dragging a GM through the mud. #sarcasm

• Like 1

If his instagram post is whining. We have different definitions of whining...

I mean I guess #stillcanplayball is dragging a GM through the mud. #sarcasm

Yeah, it's just too bad his Instagram post isn't what I was talking about.  Nice attempt at a couple zingers though.  Really would have zinged me if that's what I was talking about. 

“I think it’s pretty clear that players play and coaches coach and personnel people make their decisions,” Rodgers said during a radio interview. “That’s the way they want it.”

Players playing goes without saying.  Coaches coaching goes without saying.  Personnel people making decisions goes without saying.  "That's the way they want it," is passive aggressive whining.  He's a whiner. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, it's just too bad his Instagram post isn't what I was talking about.  Nice attempt at a couple zingers though.  Really would have zinged me if that's what I was talking about. 

Players playing goes without saying.  Coaches coaching goes without saying.  Personnel people making decisions goes without saying.  "That's the way they want it," is passive aggressive whining.  He's a whiner. 

You really don't like the guy, do you?  If so, now I understand why you would advocate trading him away.

Just now, Pugger said:

You really don't like the guy, do you?  If so, now I understand why you would advocate trading him away.

I really don't like him at all, and I think he's the most overrated QB to ever play the game.  I simultaneously think he's the greatest QB talent to ever play the game.  He's overrated because he limits himself with his own stubbornness.  If he was to play the game the way Brees and Brady do, I believe we would have won at least two more Super Bowls with him. 

23 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

So that's dragging a GM through the mud. Gotcha.

Did you listen to the interview? Clearly not judging by your responses. The Wilde post is misleading and lacks context. 

The question was "Are you going to be perched on McCarthy's shoulder during draft night telling him who you want to pick?"

His response - "Well it's pretty clear that Players play, coaches coach and personnel people make those decisions. That's the way they want it" It had 0 to do with Jordy.

Earlier in the interview they asked:

"You were upset about Jordy leaving, well I don't want to put words in your mouth but what are your thoughts?"

His response - "It's the tough part of the business; when you get close to guys and spend a lot of time with them and play with them a long time and not able to finish up with them." 

You hate him which is fine but saying he is the ultimate whiner and is dragging the GM through the mud is just flat wrong. You cherry picked a quote without context and called it passive aggressive. You do you man. 

Edited by TheBitzMan
  • Like 2

You hate him which is fine but saying he is the ultimate whiner and is dragging the GM through the mud is just flat wrong. You cherry picked a quote without context and called it passive aggressive. You do you man. 

I would have to concede defeat in this argument if this was the only instance of him whining.  There are a LOT of other cases of both open complaints and rumored complaints out of Rodgers. 

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Anyone else overcome by the irony in here?

The difference is I'm not getting paid 100 million dollars.  If I was getting paid 100 million dollars, my whining days would be over.  If I was getting paid 100 million dollars, the Packers could draft two guards and two receivers in the first round and I wouldn't make a peep. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith
  • Like 1