Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Tom Brady has done the same thing, LeBrons gotten coaches fired, you're making a big deal out of nothing.

Comparing it to Randall is laughably bad. What Randall did showed a quitters attitude and a total lack of maturity. Rodgers telling Mac a call of his sucks comes out of an exteme level of competitive drive and a will to win. Literal opposites.

What Rodgers did was not on the same level as what Randall did.  You're right.  I'm not saying they're similar.  You have to look at the fact that Rodgers is a franchise QB.  Randall is an okay CB.  Rodgers needs to be held at a higher standard.  If Rodgers didn't have faults of his own, fine.  I'm just one of the few people who doesn't look at Rodgers through rose colored glasses.  Rodgers has a lot more faults than people here are willing to admit.  Our defense was responsible for us not winning a lot of playoff games, but I feel like our defense was more than good enough to win Super Bowls in 2012, 2015 and 2014, and yet Rodgers was unable to get it done. 

Also, if you're going to try to convince me I'm wrong, don't cite my two least favorites athletes in the history of athleticism. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

What Rodgers did was not on the same level as what Randall did.  You're right.  I'm not saying they're similar.  You have to look at the fact that Rodgers is a franchise QB.  Randall is an okay CB.  Rodgers needs to be held at a higher standard.  If Rodgers didn't have faults of his own, fine.  I'm just one of the few people who doesn't look at Rodgers through rose colored glasses.  Rodgers has a lot more faults than people here are willing to admit.  Our defense was responsible for us not winning a lot of playoff games, but I feel like our defense was more than good enough to win Super Bowls in 2012, 2015 and 2014, and yet Rodgers was unable to get it done. 

Also, if you're going to try to convince me I'm wrong, don't cite my two least favorites athletes in the history of athleticism. 

I just think you don't like the fact that the world isn't fair. Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, LeBron, Jordan, Gretzky, when you're that good you can do these things and it's no big deal. Aaron works hard, he takes the time to get to know every player on the team, even the Mulumba's and Crabtree's of the world, he sets a fine example for younger players, I don't care if he cusses out Mac for a bad call or subtly throws shade at a GM, he's good enough to do that.

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Our defense allowed 14 points and scored 7 points in the NFC Championship game the year we won the Super Bowl.  Rodgers nearly lost that game with his poor play.

Defense allowed 23 points in 2012. 

Defense allowed 22 points in regulation and had 4 interceptions against the Seahawks (7 of the points technically came on special teams, too).

Defense allowed 20 points in regulation in 2015. 

Defense has certainly had some stinkers, but Rodgers has, too. 

Yes but you'll never hear most people admit that. Losses can never be attributed to Aaron ever. If he flops it's partly attributable to the defense..... or the OL played poorly...... or the play calling was horrible (nevermind the fact he has a massive amount of freedom to change plays at the line). He is simply incapable of poor play, or having an attitude issue at times. I also heard he doesn't need a boat to fish because he can walk on water. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

And both get roundly criticized by many fan bases besides their own.  Why can't someone from the GB fan ase criticize Rodgers on this?

Like I said to HtZ, these are the people who have a problem with the fact that the world isn't fair. When I was in college we had a starting NT that was trending toward being ineligible along with a bunch of lower level backups, coaches got him a tutor and helped him get into a winter break class to get him eligible. The young backups? They were on their own. That's life, the world isn't fair. Aaron Rodgers can say whatever he wants, he's that good, Damarious Randall can't. That's life.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I just think you don't like the fact that the world isn't fair. Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, LeBron, Jordan, Gretzky, when you're that good you can do these things and it's no big deal. Aaron works hard, he takes the time to get to know every player on the team, even the Mulumba's and Crabtree's of the world, he sets a fine example for younger players, I don't care if he cusses out Mac for a bad call or subtly throws shade at a GM, he's good enough to do that.

I don't think Rodgers is on the same level as half the people you just listed. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Like I said to HtZ, these are the people who have a problem with the fact that the world isn't fair. When I was in college we had a starting NT that was trending toward being ineligible along with a bunch of lower level backups, coaches got him a tutor and helped him get into a winter break class to get him eligible. The young backups? They were on their own. That's life, the world isn't fair. Aaron Rodgers can say whatever he wants, he's that good, Damarious Randall can't. That's life.

So go and tell Rodgers that the world is not fair.  I already knew that, not sure he does.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

But there are plenty of posters here and elsewhere that as Packer fans will point out that Brady and LeBron do the things that Rodgers is doing.  They turn a blind at at Rodgers and speak negatively about Brady and Lebron.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So go and tell Rodgers that the world is not fair.  I already knew that, not sure he does.

I'm sure he knows that, that's why he's talking. You think Hundley would speak up on something like this? No, because he knows he's got minimal value compared to Aaron.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

But there are plenty of posters here and elsewhere that as Packer fans will point out that Brady and LeBron do the things that Rodgers is doing.  They turn a blind at at Rodgers and speak negatively about Brady and Lebron.

That's called being a homer? That goes far beyond Aaron Rodgers. The same folks had no problem with married Favre sending pics of his dong to a woman, but if Tom Brady did that they'd have a field day.

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Too bad he's also a generational ego.  If he wasn't, he might have more than one Super Bowl win. 

Rodgers isn't close to a generational ego. 

You say that Tom Brady never beefs with Belichick in public, that's because he's too busy running a cult to try and replace the team's medical staff with his own personal trainers. That's a far worse organizational subverting sin than Rodgers grumbling about not acquiring Free Agents. 

• Like 2

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers isn't close to a generational ego.

He kinda is though.  You spend a lot more time watching film than I do, so keep an eye on it and prove me wrong if I'm wrong, but honest question... Does Aaron or does he not avoid open receivers only to wait far too long trying to make a bigger play?  That hurts our offense and helps our team get into massive holes, and I hate it.  He also flat out refuses to throw to running backs.  I would literally pay a hundred dollars to be able to find a gif of the play that I'm talking about, but we were trailing in it and it was late in the season.  Starks was open in the middle of the field standing there waving for the ball.  Rodgers pumped like 97 times and finally threw it once 97 defenders ran to the previously wide open Starks. 

Look at all the times a running back caught more than 4 balls a game, too.  They're all games in which we got way behind in.  Montgomery's big receiving game this year came against Dallas when we got way behind.  Only time Rodgers throws to backs or receivers open short is when we're trailing and it's a matter of necessity. 

It's a problem that we were able to overcome and not even be an issue when we had prime Nelson, but it's an issue that became horrifically obvious in 2015, and it has persisted. 

His ego comes with his obsession with his TD/INT ratio and his QB rating.  He's even admitted that he takes his QB rating too seriously.  It hurts the team.  I can't stand Brady, but Brady doesn't care because he knows that those cheap passes open other things up.  So does Brees. 

Rodgers absolutely does have a gigantic ego. 

You say that Tom Brady never beefs with Belichick in public, that's because he's too busy running a cult to try and replace the team's medical staff with his own personal trainers. That's a far worse organizational subverting sin than Rodgers grumbling about not acquiring Free Agents. 

This is true, but I loathe Brady.