Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, deathstar said:

So...what was it that he saw?

Maybe using the middle of the field?  ...I don't think so.  It's practice, he's always using the middle of the field in practice.

Setting his feet and following through?  ...maybe.  His throwing motion has been a little off for a while.  Compared to his prime.  Not compared to others.

Actually enjoying the game and reps?  As in happiness?  Just me thinking here, but he seems happier in interviews so far this year.  Maybe he found a little more joy in slinging the ball around and letting it rip?

Either way, by all accounts his camp has been amazing.  Let's hope it spills over into the season.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

So...what was it that he saw?

Maybe using the middle of the field?  ...I don't think so.  It's practice, he's always using the middle of the field in practice.

Setting his feet and following through?  ...maybe.  His throwing motion has been a little off for a while.  Compared to his prime.  Not compared to others.

Actually enjoying the game and reps?  As in happiness?  Just me thinking here, but he seems happier in interviews so far this year.  Maybe he found a little more joy in slinging the ball around reand letting it rip?

Either way, by all accounts his camp has been amazing.  Let's hope it spills over into the season.

Here  here ... that would be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Rodgers' self-scouting apparently didn't begin last week from looking at 2010 film:

Earlier in camp, Rodgers mentioned seeing some playbook installation film from back in 2010 that prompted him to carry a detail or two out to the practice field. But this is the first time he'd mentioned studying himself in the offseason when there was no on-field work and only virtual meetings with his coaches and teammates.

"Taking a critical look at my play the last few years and then going back to some previous years about what I felt like when I was playing really, really well, (I asked) what was I doing slightly different than what I've been doing the last five years?" Rodgers said. "I picked up on some things and tried to start incorporating them into my daily routine, and you pair that with a positive attitude and a comfort in the offense, it's not surprising to me how camp has gone."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Rodgers' self-scouting apparently didn't begin last week from looking at 2010 film:

I'll bet he saw:

*what happens when he throws to open receivers
*what happens when he throws a timing pass
*what happens when he looks at receivers not named Adams
*what happens when he throws the football

Posted without comment:

3 older QBs legitimately seeking SB rings this year in the NFC, Rodgers, Brady and Brees. 

Brady already had Evans, Godwin and Howard - team still added Gronk and Fournette. 

Brees already had Thomas, Cook and Kamara - team still added Sanders

Rodgers has Adams and Jones - team added....Jordan Love.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Posted without comment:

3 older QBs legitimately seeking SB rings this year in the NFC, Rodgers, Brady and Brees. 

Brady already had Evans, Godwin and Howard - team still added Gronk and Fournette. 

Brees already had Thomas, Cook and Kamara - team still added Sanders

Rodgers has Adams and Jones - team added....Jordan Love.

We added Smith #1, Smith #2, Amos, Gary and Savage. More important pieces than #2 WRs, RBs and TEs as they actually will factor in us winning it all whereas those positions don't.

• Like 3