Shanedorf

Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I find it accurate. I pointed this out the second we drafted Love. Was the best possible pick if it resulted in Rodgers re-focusing (like he needed to).

I would trade 2019 Rodgers and a 1st for 2014 Rodgers and a QB with a meme name

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

Just stay healthy. No more gimpy this...twisted that...not quite sure but something or other isnt right.
I think a fully intact AR working within the system (which should help him stay healthier....) is just what the doctor ordered.

If he keeps throwing with anticipation, we've got a shot this year. He wasn't doing that at all last year which led to ten thousand out-routes too far out of bounds

KaRgMCe.gif

murk2SM.png

Hopefully that's the thing from 2010 that he observed and is making an effort to fix and not a result of laughable disrespect towards the Vikings CBs.

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hopefully that's the thing from 2010 that he observed and is making an effort to fix and not a result of laughable disrespect towards the Vikings CBs.

Well, he should have a laughable disrespect for the Lions CBs at least

On 9/20/2020 at 5:47 AM, Davy J said:

he gets wrote off all the time and proves the doubters wrong

No, he changes his bad habits and plays within the offense and he proves people pointing out his issues right.

Look back through this thread and see the conversations/debates over the past two years.  You'll see that about half a dozen people pointed to Aaron having developed bad habits.  Being trigger shy.  Taking too long.  Passing on throwing to open receivers. 

@Leader posted this tweet from my favorite Twitter person Ben Fennell. 

Ben Fennell  -   Time to Attempt via PFF

2020 - Aaron Rodgers: 2.39 secs

Minimum 400 dropbacks:
2019 - Rodgers: 2.74 (23rd/26th)
2018 - Rodgers: 2.75 (24th/26th)
2016 - Rodgers: 2.73 (27th/29th)
2015 - Rodgers: 2.73 (23rd/25th)
2014 - Rodgers: 2.66 (18th/25th)

Rhythm ...Rhythm

"As you get older... You don't hold the ball longer"

We're finally seeing the philosophical change in Aaron Rodgers style. The improvisation and scramble drills were fun... but it's "Game-Manager Aaron Rodgers" now - and that's perfectly ok!

Aaron hasn't been himself since 2014.  2014 was his quickest pass time in the past 5 years. 

Now he's at a 6 year low two games into the season and he's off to a better start than any season except for 2011? 

I'm loving his play.  It makes the offense exciting again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

No, he changes his bad habits and plays within the offense and he proves people pointing out his issues right.

Look back through this thread and see the conversations/debates over the past two years.  You'll see that about half a dozen people pointed to Aaron having developed bad habits.  Being trigger shy.  Taking too long.  Passing on throwing to open receivers. 

@Leader posted this tweet from my favorite Twitter person Ben Fennell. 

Ben Fennell  -   Time to Attempt via PFF

Aaron hasn't been himself since 2014.  2014 was his quickest pass time in the past 5 years. 

Now he's at a 6 year low two games into the season and he's off to a better start than any season except for 2011? 

I'm loving his play.  It makes the offense exciting again. 

It makes me all warm and fuzzy reading how you are liking Rodger's and his play so far this year!  The offense IS fun to watch .. You betcha.

Aaron's trade value going up, up, up. 

Of course if he keeps playing like this, hopefully we can just trade Love in two years for a top 10 draft pick. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron's trade value going up, up, up. 

Of course if he keeps playing like this, hopefully we can just trade Love in two years for a top 10 draft pick. 

Just embrace that Godgers is back with Yoko out of the picture. Guy just needs to stay single.

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Just embrace that Godgers is back with Yoko out of the picture. Guy just needs to stay single.

Lol.  I hate so much that people believe this. 

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s 100% the reason.  But, I don’t think you can say definitively that it isn’t a part of the reason. These are people and as people, outside influences can definitely distract them from football. What if the day he was watching the 2011 footage, the missus had wanted to go antiquing or some **** instead?  Could have happened, I dunno. 

Vegas/Rodgers eyeball test.

1) Threw to guys not named Adams?  Emphatic check YES.  Even when 'Vante was in there, he was spreading it around.

2) Controlled the tempo?  Heck yes he did.

3) Took shots downfield within the play?  Yup.

4) Took what was there instead of always extending plays?  Very emphatic YES.

5) Did extend a few plays?  Yes.  Just the right amount.

6)  Showed emotion on the field, as in celebrating?  You bet he did.  And...he showed a little anger/rage out there when a timeout got called and he was set in the perfect play.

Lions were trying to hold up those receivers on the line of scrimmage, so it took away a little bit of the timing stuff, but Rodgers adjusted and was great.  Not outstanding, but great.  I think he was a 10 out of 10.  This week wasn't quite as Godgers as last week, but it was at least an 8.5 out of 10.  

• Like 1