Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

because of egos more than x's and o's

I'd say both are probably true. McCarthy's scheme is predictable and infuriating to watch, and when push came to shove egos were definitely involved.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

huh? disproved how?

I thought like 75% of this forum was in agreement about Rodgers' bad play the last several years

Bad isn’t the right word. More like below his lofty/godly standards.

and it’s pretty obvious any drop in play was linked To MMs outdated scheme and poor relationship with Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I only **** on players when they’re playing poorly.  Read back through this thread and you’ll see Aaron is doing literally everything I’ve complained about him NOT doing.

He’s throwing with timing.  He’s not holding onto the ball too long.  He’s taking shorter plays.  He’s throwing over the middle.  

Why everyone is acting like I’ve been wrong is beyond me.  I’ve been right.  He DOESN’T need better receivers.  He never did.  Last night was his highest yards per attempt in nearly 3 years and he did it without Adams or Lazard.

I should be getting thanks, not ridicule.

I wasn't trying to ridicule you at all, just joking about your long posts about Aaron needing to pass to RBs. The seizure comment was meant from the POV of you being overly happy and enjoying it, I'm not a native English speaker so maybe it came across different.

• Like 1

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

I wasn't trying to ridicule you at all, just joking about your long posts about Aaron needing to pass to RBs. The seizure comment was meant from the POV of you being overly happy and enjoying it, I'm not a native English speaker so maybe it came across different.

I have been having multiple seizures seeing Aaron throwing to running backs. 

It's so much fun to see.  Entirely because now the defense has to cover the whole field in order to keep an eye on the running backs.  Teams can't just cover the receivers anymore.  It's leaving plays wide open for the tight ends (like it has for the past four years).  The only difference is that now, Aaron is throwing those timing routes to the tight ends.  You saw it multiple times last night.  He threw to Tonyan before Tonyan made his break and it was a beautiful thing to see.  Last year, even Jimmy Graham was getting open on those types of plays.  Aaron wasn't pulling the trigger, and by the time he was willing to pull the trigger, the defender was catching up after the break.

It's why Aaron is currently once again right where he belongs - The top QB in the league. 

Second in touchdowns.  0 interceptions.  Second in passer rating.  5th in yards per attempt. 

He hasn't been below 8 yards per attempt all year this year. 
Last night his YPA was the 24th highest of his career and he did it without Lazard, without Adams. 

Everything I said the past four years has come true.  You throw to the backs, you take those short passes over the middle, it will open things up and his YPA will increase. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Bad isn’t the right word. More like below his lofty/godly standards.

and it’s pretty obvious any drop in play was linked To MMs outdated scheme and poor relationship with Rodgers. 

linked? as in, Rodgers was whiny/egotistical and didn't work on the things he could have and should have himself because he was frustrated with MM? Yes, I agree with that.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Extremely regular. Thank God, McAfee doesn't let him talk much.

He is just awful... he also knows nothing about football. The issue is whenever they talk packers he has to talk... so one of the few times I’d like to listen I can’t.

Just terrible.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

linked? as in, Rodgers was whiny/egotistical and didn't work on the things he could have and should have himself because he was frustrated with MM? Yes, I agree with that.

And MM didn't work on his scheme cause he was an egotistical HC who thought his scheme was too good for the league to catch up to?

You'd have to be blind or agenda pushing at this point to see that two former elite men both anchored themselves down with their unwillingness to change over the last 3 years. One needed to go.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

And MM didn't work on his scheme cause he was an egotistical HC who thought his scheme was too good for the league to catch up to?

You'd have to be blind or agenda pushing at this point to see that two former elite men both anchored themselves down with their unwillingness to change over the last 3 years. One needed to go.

Agreed Ray... and so far Rodgers looks to be correct.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes, of course.

Noticed I pluralized egos in my initial post (I think). I definitely meant both of them. And agree it was time for MM to go.