Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Eyeball test.  Rodgers is much different this year. 

Rodgers: Obviously, confidence has never wavered but I do feel really good in the offense. I feel like Matt and I are really on the same page – not that we weren’t last year, I just feel like we’re doing so much more.”

Yes, Rodgers is better in his 2nd year in the system... Is that suppose to be  some indication or proof he didn't buy into the system last year?

For Rodgers comments, he clearly stated  they (him & Matt) were on the same page last year and better this year. Again, is that suppose to be  some indication or proof he didn't buy into the system last year?

9 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yes, Rodgers is better in his 2nd year in the system... Is that suppose to be  some indication or proof he didn't buy into the system last year?

For Rodgers comments, he clearly stated  they (him & Matt) were on the same page last year and better this year. Again, is that suppose to be  some indication or proof he didn't buy into the system last year?

If you want to argue that what he said and what he did were the same things I can point you to a whole bunch of lies that tonight hinges on from a whole bunch of people.

Buy in, trust?  Maybe you’re arguing semantics, but in no way did Rodgers trust the system completely last season and you can literally see that if you were to open your eyes and rewatch how he played last year.

38 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Fair point...I think it points more into him not buying into Macs system anymore.

If you need proof, go to YouTube and watch the Cardinals game.

I think things are much better under MLF and Rodgers has bought into the new offense fully.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 12:23 AM, beekay414 said:

Rodgers is 16 TDs away from 400 with 86 career INTs. Every other QB with 400+ TDs...

Brett Favre - 336 INT (508 TD)
Dan Marino - 252 INT (420 TD)
Peyton Manning - 251 INT (539 TD)
Drew Brees - 240 INT (560 TD)
Philip Rivers - 204 INT (407 TD)
Tom Brady - 183 INT (561 TD)

I remember them pointing out "he's the first QB with 300 tds and <100 ints." I noted at the time that at the rate he throws ints, he'll probably be the first with 400 tds and <100 ints. 

Heck, he has a reasonable chance to hit 500 tds before he hits 100 ints. I'd guess he'll be at something like 500 tds and 104 ints though. 

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Heck, he has a reasonable chance to hit 500 tds before he hits 100 ints. I'd guess he'll be at something like 500 tds and 104 ints though. 

Yeah I think 500 and less than 100 is a long shot. He'd have to pace like 34 TDs and 4 INT to avoid it and that'd be including only throwing 1 more INT this year.

Which would be 36 TD, 3 INT this year and then 34 TD, 4 INT the next 3 years. It's a huge longshot but, if anyone could pull it off, it's #12.

Edited by beekay414

On 11/4/2020 at 8:47 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

I remember them pointing out "he's the first QB with 300 tds and <100 ints." I noted at the time that at the rate he throws ints, he'll probably be the first with 400 tds and <100 ints. 

If Rodgers maintains his pace from the last 40 games (75 TD/8 INT) he could indeed get to 500 before 100 but it's insane to think he'll maintain a better than 9/1 TD/INT ratio. 

On 11/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, Donzo said:

Don't forget last year Rodgers was learning a whole new offense for the first time since his rookie season.   I had a feeling it was going to take a little time.  It is so fun to see him playing so well like this again.  🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What percent of former players turn into successful GMs?

Depends on what "successful" means. Off the top of my head recently....John Elway and John Lynch. Former won a SB and went to two, latter reached the SB last year and was named Exec of the year in 2019. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Depends on what "successful" means. Off the top of my head recently....John Elway and John Lynch. Former won a SB and went to two, latter reached the SB last year and was named Exec of the year in 2019. 

so 4/25,000? (I'll include Newsome and TT) or 0.016%.

I guess I don't particularly care what Donald Driver thinks of running a football franchise :)

• Like 1