Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

16 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a work of art.  One of my gripes about MVS last year was not as much about the drops but him not reaching back and boxing out for the ball when it got in his vicinity.  This allowed the defender to get position and either body check him or get their arms in there.  This last game he was assertive, taking the position and keeping his body between the defender and the ball and of course, showing great concentration on the catch.  It also helps when you have a lights out sniper delivering the pass.

I'm sorry but there's nobody, nor has there ever been someone, like Aaron Rodgers. No disrespect to Pat Mahomes but they still operate and make throws differently. Rodgers tape still impresses me more than Mahomes. That's also comparing a 37 year old to a 25 year old LOL.

Edited by beekay414

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

EDIT - NVM

Rodgers has an outside chance at breaking his efficiency record but a lot of that depends on his completion percentage and yardage. Gonna be tough but it's doable if he does in the 73%, 300, 3 range.

"If he averages 25/32, 300y, 3TD, 0INT over the next three games he will break his passer rating record from 2011

averaging 24/32, 300, 3, 0 won't cut it lol"

Me on the previous page ha. I put together an excel sheet the other day to play with game combos to see what he'd need to do it. I'm a nerd.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

"If he averages 25/32, 300y, 3TD, 0INT over the next three games he will break his passer rating record from 2011

averaging 24/32, 300, 3, 0 won't cut it lol"

Me on the previous page ha. I put together an excel sheet the other day to play with game combos to see what he'd need to do it. I'm a nerd.

Yeah, I tried to put together the exact bare minimums he'd need to put up but I gave up when I realized it was pointless lol

Looking back on this season in hindsight is going to be wild.  Like, just twelve months ago Rodgers hadn't placed in the top ten in passer rating in three years.  He struggled with his deep ball, struggled hitting short timing routes with accuracy, took too many sacks and more or less didn't know he had a TE.  And then one day apparently he just woke up and decided nevermind.  Here we are with Rodgers being one of the best deep ball throwers in the league again, he hits his flare routes so perfectly it looks like he literally handed them the ball mid-stride, and his TE is tied for the lead league in TDs.  Just, switch flipped, back to MVP mode.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, just feel like even now it's not really appreciated how unlikely this level of turn-around looked even 9 months ago.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Looking back on this season in hindsight is going to be wild.  Like, just twelve months ago Rodgers hadn't placed in the top ten in passer rating in three years.  He struggled with his deep ball, struggled hitting short timing routes with accuracy, took too many sacks and more or less didn't know he had a TE.  And then one day apparently he just woke up and decided nevermind.  Here we are with Rodgers being one of the best deep ball throwers in the league again, he hits his flare routes so perfectly it looks like he literally handed them the ball mid-stride, and his TE is tied for the lead league in TDs.  Just, switch flipped, back to MVP mode.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, just feel like even now it's not really appreciated how unlikely this level of turn-around looked even 9 months ago.

I honestly was not very optimistic it would happen. Sounds like he's changed his entire outlook