Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

5 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Looking back on this season in hindsight is going to be wild.  Like, just twelve months ago Rodgers hadn't placed in the top ten in passer rating in three years.  He struggled with his deep ball, struggled hitting short timing routes with accuracy, took too many sacks and more or less didn't know he had a TE.  And then one day apparently he just woke up and decided nevermind.  Here we are with Rodgers being one of the best deep ball throwers in the league again, he hits his flare routes so perfectly it looks like he literally handed them the ball mid-stride, and his TE is tied for the lead league in TDs.  Just, switch flipped, back to MVP mode.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, just feel like even now it's not really appreciated how unlikely this level of turn-around looked even 9 months ago.

Credit Matt LaFleur for helping reinvigorate his career.  This year has been an awesome surprise.  My only fear is that I have a nagging worry that deep down, Rodgers want out of Green Bay after this season and will try and force the hands of management to trade him.

50 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Credit Matt LaFleur for helping reinvigorate his career.  This year has been an awesome surprise.  My only fear is that I have a nagging worry that deep down, Rodgers want out of Green Bay after this season and will try and force the hands of management to trade him.

Theres 100% a scenario where Rodgers keeps up his play and Love is just like one of the many expensive backups around the league thats not actually fiscally expensive. Hopefully you can sell (in this scenario) at some point to recoup value, a la Garappollo. For the next 3-4 years if Rodgers goes down, theoretically, our season isnt shot. I don't think there's evidence Rodgers wants out, by all accounts still saying he wants to stay around a long time yet, even if he sees some writing on the walls.. **** can be erased.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

He's got his LT and WR that know him on and off the field as well as anyone, he's got a line and running game keeping him clean and a coach running a system that he is now mastering.  As far as I can tell, he's in a pretty good place literally and figuratively. 

After next season, things start to get interesting from a contract standpoint but as of now there is so much dead money is he walks.  Of course, this whole ting depends on if Gute thinks he's got the next QB in the wings.  Absolutely no way of knowing that now until at least next season. 

Enjoy the ride and at least one more season of 12.  Let's all hope we have enough around him to bring the Lombardi home.

Edited by Refugee

14 hours ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I don't think he wants out.  I think he wants this....

To play so well, for so long that he makes the Love pick look foolish.  And....I'm not betting against him.

14 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Theres 100% a scenario where Rodgers keeps up his play and Love is just like one of the many expensive backups around the league thats not actually fiscally expensive. Hopefully you can sell (in this scenario) at some point to recoup value, a la Garappollo. For the next 3-4 years if Rodgers goes down, theoretically, our season isnt shot. I don't think there's evidence Rodgers wants out, by all accounts still saying he wants to stay around a long time yet, even if he sees some writing on the walls.. **** can be erased.

Forget about that. Love will be starting in two seasons. Trade Rodgers for multiple first round picks and a good DC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VonKarman said:

Forget about that. Love will be starting in two seasons. Trade Rodgers for multiple first round picks and a good DC.

If Rodgers 21 is close to Rodgers 20 and he isn't injured there is close to zero chance that Love starts in 22.  You don't voluntarily trade away an elite QB so you can play a young guy who at this point, we don't even know whether or not will make a decent backup.

It may well come down to injuries, Rodgers is 37 and has a significant injury history. Realistically you have to accept there's a decent chance another major one isn't far away.

21 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

If Rodgers 21 is close to Rodgers 20 and he isn't injured there is close to zero chance that Love starts in 22.  You don't voluntarily trade away an elite QB so you can play a young guy who at this point, we don't even know whether or not will make a decent backup.

It may well come down to injuries, Rodgers is 37 and has a significant injury history. Realistically you have to accept there's a decent chance another major one isn't far away.

you might have answered things within your own post.  injury history and risks increasing with age means that moving on inspite of elite QB play is a possibility

That and that we also love to get rid of our guys a year too soon than a year too late. I can see Rodgers playing up until 2022 if he keeps playing at an absurd level, but we have to get a look at Love (unless he completely sucks in practice/preseason) by his fourth year at latest. And if keeps playing at such a high level you can get a good compensation for him.

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

He will just break your heart again... you have to just give true love a chance

No you don't have to give him a chance. Nothing is certain in the NFL. I think Love being traded due to Rodgers still dominating is just as much a possibility as Love ever starting a game for the Packers. Nothing wrong with trading him for something (hopefully of solid value) if Rodgers keeps this up. We get a draft every year. We can always draft another backup. I know it's not ideally how you'd like to spend a 1st round pick only to trade him away for less, but Rodgers is the got damn man. This team is his until someone proves to be better than him.