Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What's his passer rating if MVS doesn't drop that one?

Bet he beats the record.

Hard to say because that obviously changes the game flow and his overall stat line but I think he would've been 12-12 for 220+ and 4 TDs after that.

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What's his passer rating if MVS doesn't drop that one?

Bet he beats the record.

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Hard to say because that obviously changes the game flow and his overall stat line but I think he would've been 12-12 for 220+ and 4 TDs after that.

Just looking at it in a vacuum, count that play as an additional attempt, completion, TD, and 53 yards and his passer rating is 122.5.

He would have tied it.

Edit: correction, should not have added an additional attempt, would be 122.7 and he would have broken it. 

Edited by Hoodie89
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Career low in sacks too (excluding the first three seasons), 19 vs the previous 21 back in 2013 and 22 in 2017, which were short years for him due to injuries. Amazing season overall.

EDIT: just realized this is for 15 games so missing today's data, so 20 overall. Still far from the previous full-season low, 28 in 2014

Edited by Packer_ESP
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

372-526 (70.7%), 4299 yards, 48 TD, 5 INT, 121.53 QB Rating

Will update his full stat line tomorrow when Pro Football Reference updates pages. Wanna see where he placed in advanced metrics as well.

Now owns the top 2 seasons ever for passer rating.

I'm more impressed at him finishing tops in completion %, especially after he was around only 62% last season. Brees usually dominates that for obvious reasons, but Rodgers finished ahead of him despite throwing it downfield way more and with GB being top 5(I think) in drops.

Edited by deltarich87

36 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I'm more impressed at him finishing tops in completion %, especially after he was around only 62% last season. Brees usually dominates that for obvious reasons, but Rodgers finished ahead of him despite throwing it downfield way more and with GB being top 5(I think) in drops.

It's crazy what mechanical tweaks will do for ya. He stopped throwing ducks deep and actually lead his RBs/WRs out of the backfield on screens and dumpoffs instead of putting balls at their feet.

Everything that people slandered Rodgers on last year was fixed and you saw the return of the G.O.A.T. because of it. Rodgers's abilities in this offense are a perfect match. He's not throwing the ball to contested guys almost every time like he was in Mac's system either. Instead of "win your route" our coach actually routinely schemes guys open. MLF was such a great damn hire and he's still kinda green. 

• Like 7