Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It's crazy what mechanical tweaks will do for ya. He stopped throwing ducks deep and actually lead his RBs/WRs out of the backfield on screens and dumpoffs instead of putting balls at their feet.

Everything that people slandered Rodgers on last year was fixed and you saw the return of the G.O.A.T. because of it. Rodgers's abilities in this offense are a perfect match. He's not throwing the ball to contested guys almost every time like he was in Mac's system either. Instead of "win your route" our coach actually routinely schemes guys open. MLF was such a great damn hire and he's still kinda green. 

His overall throwing game is so elite I thought we’d just have to live with the poor throws he makes to the flats and dump offs. But his improvement in these throws is noticeable, and in MLF’s offense, with a fine running game and an array of shorter routes now available, the cover is off the top of the offense once again. 

Here was my Top 50 QB seasons of all time I made nearly four years ago before the start of the 2017 season which took me a very LONG time and a lot of research:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589059

Top 5 was:

1) 2011 Aaron Rodgers

2) 2004 Peyton Manning

3) 2007 Tom Brady

4) 2013 Peyton Manning

5) 1994 Steve Young

Now it would be if I redid it:

1) 2011 Aaron Rodgers

2) 2004 Peyton Manning

3) 2007 Tom Brady

4) 2020 Aaron Rodgers

5) 2018 Patrick Mahomes

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Why would you try ranking them? Extremely useless endeavor.

Just like "goats" so pointless. If it took you that long why not at least include a brief synopsis for your reasoning at each pick to up the entertainment value (arguing points) if that's what you're going for?

On 1/2/2021 at 11:18 AM, incognito_man said:

would you give up your spot in the covid vaccine line to Aaron Rodgers (while we're still in the playoffs)?

Once you get past the high risk groups, I would have no issues with pro sports being prioritized just because of the boost it gives national morale when sports are being played. In the big picture, the number people involved in pro sports is relatively small.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Once you get past the high risk groups, I would have no issues with pro sports being prioritized just because of the boost it gives national morale when sports are being played. In the big picture, the number people involved in pro sports is relatively small.

out of footballs for the day, but same. Once our bread is safe, give us the circuses.

Edited by incognito_man

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Why would you try ranking them? Extremely useless endeavor.

Just like "goats" so pointless. If it took you that long why not at least include a brief synopsis for your reasoning at each pick to up the entertainment value (arguing points) if that's what you're going for?

You must be fun at parties. And I did include descriptions for each one, some of them detailed like 2004 Peyton Manning having the greatest DVOA season ever, 49 TD’s, while also playing almost 2-3 “pass attempts” of less games than most people on the list. 

The list is for fun as I love football and especially love QB’s. Chill. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

You must be fun at parties. And I did include descriptions for each one, some of them detailed like 2004 Peyton Manning having the greatest DVOA season ever, 49 TD’s, while also playing almost 2-3 “pass attempts” of less games than most people on the list. 

The list is for fun as I love football and especially love QB’s. Chill. 

Exactly, because I dont argue about trivial rankings. Theyre all quite good and im sure their team was glad to have them.

Im just bustin chops though, we're on a football forum. You need to rank my QB as the best two times or your list is pointless.

19 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Exactly, because I dont argue about trivial rankings. Theyre all quite good and im sure their team was glad to have them.

Im just bustin chops though, we're on a football forum. You need to rank my QB as the best two times or your list is pointless.

😄

I think you just have to look at who the top 3 were throwing the ball to compared to Rodgers this year.  And let's not forget that 'Vante was out a few games in there.

Rodgers this year did it with a whole lot less.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Rodgers needs 88 TDs to 10 INTs to get to 500 TDs before 100 INTs. Based on his last 3 seasons (99/11), he's got a legit shot to do it.

44 TD's to 5 ints the next 2 years and he's got it. Anyone other than him or mahomes I'd say no shot. But yeah he could most definitely hit that in a couple seasons, especially looking at those numbers the last 3 years. 11 ints in 3 seasons is ridiculous jameiswinstonconfused.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Rodgers needs 88 TDs to 10 INTs to get to 500 TDs before 100 INTs. Based on his last 3 seasons (99/11), he's got a legit shot to do it.

The last couple years I felt he was passing up a lot of throws because he didn't want to add to his int. total.  This year I thought he was letting it rip and still kept the total really low.  He needs to keep firing it for the rest of his career.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 3

On 1/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, beekay414 said:

It's crazy what mechanical tweaks will do for ya. He stopped throwing ducks deep and actually lead his RBs/WRs out of the backfield on screens and dumpoffs instead of putting balls at their feet.

Everything that people slandered Rodgers on last year was fixed ....

Even in his younger prime, I never thought he had great touch or ability to lead guys on screens and tosses to backs in motion.  This year, he's been really good, it seems.  It's amazing.  I think he's maybe kinda learned to throw it softer and put a little more air on at least some of those.  Back in Starks era, I thought he'd kinda whip it hard-fast, sometimes low or a little behind, and Starks would have to work so hard to even try to catch the ball that he'd lose any momentum. So many of them this year Jones or Jamaal don't lose much momentum at all.  

I believe another stats reversal is play-action passing efficiency.  MLF came with the run/pass-marriage concept, but last year I thought our actual play-action stats ranked well below average.  That's really flipped.  Perhaps just a manifestation of improved accuracy, especially on the deep balls.

One stat that I'm curious about, and that I recall mentioned, maybe by Alex, was the use of the middle of the field?  League wide the middle was heavily utilized, and showed relatively high efficiency numbers.  But Rodgers' throw-profile last year looked very different, much more oriented to the boundaries than league norms.  Anybody know how or where to find that for this year?  My guess is that Rodgers' profile is still probably more boundary-oriented than league normal; but probably not as extremely so as last year?