Jump to content

Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Along with many others who don't realize how hard it is to win in the NFL.

This is the Brady curse.  His success causes some fans to think winning is commonplace and easy.  All ya gotta do is get an elite QB and if you don't get multiple rings with a great QB you are a failure.  Normally football is the ultimate team sport and a lot of things have to go right to win it all.  Brady is the exception and definitely not the rule.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It has me thinking a lot about how to build a team more than anything. There are definitely emerging templates. 

My latest random thought out of nowhere --- a RB in the 2nd round ? A RB in the 2nd and Hback in the 3rd actually. Yes it's been talked about on the surface but let's go deeper. I hope the plan is to become the HOGS (some of you may have to google that - sorry).  Someone remind me the last RB to lead his team to a Super Bowl.  Or maybe the better context is this. We drafted Dillon and will roll with Lowry and Lancaster. That's not a winning template.  And that's not to mention the Love pick which has been beat to death. As I said elsewhere, Tampa drafted Wirfs and Winfield, signed Suh and won with Fournette. The Pats with James White. I don't even recall who the Chiefs or Eagles had.

Brady shmady. That front 7 won them the NFCCG and the Super Bowl. Our front 7 includes Lowery, Lancaster, Kirksey and Barnes. Yikes. I joked after the draft that MLF wanted to become the Titans.

Edited by cannondale
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It has me thinking a lot about how to build a team more than anything. There are definitely emerging templates. 

My latest random thought out of nowhere --- a RB in the 2nd round ? A RB in the 2nd and Hback in the 3rd actually. Yes it's been talked about on the surface but let's go deeper. I hope the plan is to become the HOGS (some of you may have to google that - sorry).  Someone remind me the last RB to lead his team to a Super Bowl.  Or maybe the better context is this. We drafted Dillon and will roll with Lowry and Lancaster. That's not a winning template.  And that's not to mention the Love pick which has been beat to death. As I said elsewhere, Tampa drafted Wirfs and Winfield, signed Suh and won with Fournette. The Pats with James White. I don't even recall who the Chiefs or Eagles had.

Brady shmady. That front 7 won them the NFCCG and the Super Bowl. Our front 7 includes Lowery, Lancaster, Kirksey and Barnes. Yikes

MLF's offense operates best when we have a good running game = play action.   We ran the ball well against the Rams so they couldn't pin their ears back and chase Rodgers around like Tampa did to Mahomes yesterday.  I have no clue why we didn't go more with Dillon after Jones got hurt in the NFCC game.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pugger said:

MLF's offense operates best when we have a good running game = play action.   We ran the ball well against the Rams so they couldn't pin their ears back and chase Rodgers around like Tampa did to Mahomes yesterday.  I have no clue why we didn't go more with Dillon after Jones got hurt in the NFCC game.  

Bad coaching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Pugger said:

MLF's offense operates best when we have a good running game = play action.   We ran the ball well against the Rams so they couldn't pin their ears back and chase Rodgers around like Tampa did to Mahomes yesterday.  I have no clue why we didn't go more with Dillon after Jones got hurt in the NFCC game.  

I get that - I really do. But before yesterday how many fans said that maybe it was better to lose and not get smoked by the Chiefs in the Super Bowl ??? Tongue in cheek but there was good reason for it to be said. Why ?? Our defense likely gives up 48 and no one would be surprised. Neither Dillon or Barry Sanders or the greatest play action on earth saves you from that. 

Take it one step further. Last year against S.F. Wasn't it 200 yards rushing allowed before contact ? If it's not one thing, it's another. And it all points to one place for me - hire Belichick or fix the front 7 - IMO of course

Edited by cannondale
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed .. if Rodgers had actually played lights out in some championship games he's have a few more super bowl appearances.  The Packers could surely do more to put themselves in a better position to win, but Aaron has had some opportunities to shine in big games and hasn't come thru. 

Yes.  Like Mahome's in the SB?   Rodgers was getting pressure in his face way to quick and frequent to think he was the issue.   As shown yesterday and 2 weeks ago,  no QB can overcome that type of consistent pressure.  Not even the two best QB's in the game.

KC needs to think poorly and blame Mahomes for yesterday like some of you are pinning the lack of success on Rodgers?

Only 1 of the 3 teams had a defense that could pressure extensively.   That team won the SB.

People giving the MVP and credit to Brady just baffle me.   That game was dominated and won by the TB defense.    It sure would be nice if we could see that type of performance from the Packers defense in a championship game.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yes.  Like Mahome's in the SB?   Rodgers was getting pressure in his face way to quick and frequent to think he was the issue.   As shown yesterday and 2 weeks ago,  no QB can overcome that type of consistent pressure.  Not even the two best QB's in the game.

KC needs to think poorly and blame Mahomes for yesterday like some of you are pinning the lack of success on Rodgers?

Only 1 of the 3 teams had a defense that could pressure extensively.   That team won the SB.

People giving the MVP and credit to Brady just baffle me.   That game was dominated and won by the TB defense.    It sure would be nice if we could see that type of performance from the Packers defense in a championship game.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. I think there's even a cliche' that talks about defenses and championships. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

Yes.  Like Mahome's in the SB?   Rodgers was getting pressure in his face way to quick and frequent to think he was the issue.   As shown yesterday and 2 weeks ago,  no QB can overcome that type of consistent pressure.  Not even the two best QB's in the game.

KC needs to think poorly and blame Mahomes for yesterday like some of you are pinning the lack of success on Rodgers?

Only 1 of the 3 teams had a defense that could pressure extensively.   That team won the SB.

People giving the MVP and credit to Brady just baffle me.   That game was dominated and won by the TB defense.    It sure would be nice if we could see that type of performance from the Packers defense in a championship game.

Only one of the 3 teams had a defense that faced a re-shuffled line in the Packers and a completely patchwork OL in the Chiefs.

The Packers DL needs work for sure, but let's not act like some injury luck factored into the pressure the Bucs were able to apply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

Part of me wants to see Aaron with a competent organization that has a good defense. 

Part of me wants to see Aaron throw the ball to secondary receivers who are open rather than repeatedly forcing the ball to a well covered Adams.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Part of me wants to see Aaron throw the ball to secondary receivers who are open rather than repeatedly forcing the ball to a well covered Adams.

Immediately comes to mind:  Lazard for 6 against TB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, Striker said:

Only one of the 3 teams had a defense that faced a re-shuffled line in the Packers and a completely patchwork OL in the Chiefs.

The Packers DL needs work for sure, but let's not act like some injury luck factored into the pressure the Bucs were able to apply.

What does that have to do with my point.    You are placing blame on Rodgers play,  Mahomes looked the same under the pressure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...