Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Yes, Rodgers worked some magic to get this victory.  And it was a great victory.

In terms of what Rodgers did?  He was great, no doubt.  That TD throw to MVS was about as difficult a throw as there is on the football field.  His go route to Lazard was beautiful.  Obviously him and 'Vante are amazing together.

But I didn't feel like he was "Godgers" just yet.  He was close.  But he missed on a few key plays.

That first PI to 'Vante?  We had the exact same action on the left side of the field.  And I think it was MVS who had about 5 yards on his guy when Rodgers threw the ball.  It was a TD play.  

Near the goalline, he rolled left when all the action was to the right.  Killed that play.

And there were a few others.

Point being?  Yes, he probably is "all in".  Yes, his heroics helped us win.  And my God, some of those throws are just jaw dropping.  And the scary part is....he can still do better.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I get it .. his ego and all that goes with it is oftentimes a turn off but when he's on his game, NOBODY can do what he does.  What a fantastic win last night.  On a side note, special teams on coverage still aren't special.

bingo.  There hasnt been one quarterback in the top 25 of football who hasnt had some ego that comes with the territory.  You just sack up and take your medicine with that first world problem, and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yes, Rodgers worked some magic to get this victory.  And it was a great victory.

In terms of what Rodgers did?  He was great, no doubt.  That TD throw to MVS was about as difficult a throw as there is on the football field.  His go route to Lazard was beautiful.  Obviously him and 'Vante are amazing together.

But I didn't feel like he was "Godgers" just yet.  He was close.  But he missed on a few key plays.

That first PI to 'Vante?  We had the exact same action on the left side of the field.  And I think it was MVS who had about 5 yards on his guy when Rodgers threw the ball.  It was a TD play.  

Near the goalline, he rolled left when all the action was to the right.  Killed that play.

And there were a few others.

Point being?  Yes, he probably is "all in".  Yes, his heroics helped us win.  And my God, some of those throws are just jaw dropping.  And the scary part is....he can still do better.

As much as those throws were great, and they were killer throws no doubt, I couldn't believe the wideouts came down with some of them. MVS touchdown? I was pretty impressed with the throw and catch there. Some of that stuff I have no idea how they even see the ball until it's literally in their hands. Blows my mind. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The first pass to Adams on the last drive to midfield felt like the SB pass to Jennings. Vintage Rodgers.

That was an awesome throw .. just enough to get over the pro bowl linebacker and into Davonte's hands.  

• Like 2
11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I said this in the first half, "My distaste for Rodgers as a person sometimes blinds me to the fact that when he's locked in and feeling good, he's the best to ever do it."

Honestly its better off not even thinking about that.

You don't know him even remotely. He's got a huge ego but so has every superstar. He comes across pretty well in most interviews, is extremely driven and has got super pretty good human traits - he's clearly extremely loyal to people close to him. 

Truth is there are probably a stack of Packers players you would hate if you ever met them. We don't don't really know so its better not to judge someone as a person when you know very little about them.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

You don't know him even remotely. He's got a huge ego but so has every superstar. He comes across pretty well in most interviews, is extremely driven and has got super pretty good human traits - he's clearly extremely loyal to people close to him. 

Truth is there are probably a stack of Packers players you would hate if you ever met them. We don't don't really know so its better not to judge someone as a person when you know very little about them.

Big fax.  Truly, at a baseline, he doesnt even come across as a bad person.  He doesnt come anywhere close to the consensus ****housery of someone like Datone Jones, who was apparently an all around terrible human being.  So we are picking on him because hes got a chip on his shoulder and makes lots of money??

19 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Big fax.  Truly, at a baseline, he doesnt even come across as a bad person.  He doesnt come anywhere close to the consensus ****housery of someone like Datone Jones, who was apparently an all around terrible human being.  So we are picking on him because hes got a chip on his shoulder and makes lots of money??

nobody said he's a "bad" person. He has some very, VERY distasteful personality traits that many, MANY people pick up on.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out someone's personality flaws that are put on display for the world to see. 

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

nobody said he's a "bad" person. He has some very, VERY distasteful personality traits that many, MANY people pick up on.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out someone's personality flaws that puts them on display for the world to see. 

So did/do Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Russel Wilson, Brett Favre and a lot of other QBs that are/were good at some point.  Yet, the vast majority of their fanbases were able to appreciate the greatness without being a poopiepants about it.  

4 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

So did/do Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Russel Wilson, Brett Favre and a lot of other QBs that are/were good at some point.  Yet, the vast majority of their fanbases were able to appreciate the greatness without being a poopiepants about it.  

this could be a textbook example of "comparing apples and oranges".

None of those guys are remotely alike personality-wise. Certain traits come off way worse than others. Rodgers happens to have those.

Edited by incognito_man
20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

this could be a textbook example of "comparing apples and oranges".

None of those guys are remotely alike personality-wise. Certain traits come off way worse than others. Rodgers happens to have those.

Gifted people are often quite eccentric.....

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Sure, but the media and packer fans don't spend an inordinate amount of time fawning over Krys Barnes and accusing anyone who dares to criticize his play, of blaspheming. 

• Like 1