Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, but the media and packer fans don't spend an inordinate amount of time fawning over Krys Barnes and accusing anyone who dares to criticize his play, of blaspheming. 

Like Jordan Love ?

The truth is, that the inordinate amount of hate based on whatever the rumor of the day is, far exceeds any praise he gets for, I don't know, being MVP, leading the #1 ranked offense or making throws each week only a handful of QB's can make. Only praise based on simple facts like that is called hero worship, while calling out his committment and leadership based on zero is totally fine. Funny how those that say his haircut is more important than the team and he's a piss poor leader were nowhere to be found last night. Why is that ?? But they'll be back as soon as they can, spewing the same crap based on nothing. If you hate him, cool. If you hate he won't take less money, cool. If you hate his personality, cool. If you hate him because of his trip to Hawaii, cool. Just man up and say it, instead of hiding behind made up garbage.

It's not like this is the first time. We've been through this exact thing after fans ignored his knee injury and said he was washed up and selfish and only worried about his stats and throwing games. And the same fans that scream about leadership now insisted his career was over then. How did that turn out ???  Those fans will be right sooner or later as time catches up with everyone, and they will declare how they were right all along (and somehow fool themselves into thinking its true). But they haven't been right about a whole lot to date. They just happen to scream the loudest

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

The first pass to Adams on the last drive to midfield felt like the SB pass to Jennings. Vintage Rodgers.

So.....not sure if I'm going to re-tell this correctly, but I think that first play to Adams was a play that Rodgers developed in practice last week.  He ran it once and it worked in that 2 minute drill.  MLF talked to Rodgers on the sideline and said, "Why don't you run that play?"  Rodgers did.  Rodgers called the next two plays as well.

For as much as I'm disgusted by Rodgers off-season, the guy is all-in and still a supreme difference maker for us.

I mean no disrespect here, but if Love plays that game, we lose by two scores.

That's why #12 is the best thing for us right now.  Very well could be the best thing for us for as long as he wants to play.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cannondale said:

Like Jordan Love ?

The truth is, that the inordinate amount of hate based on whatever the rumor of the day is, far exceeds any praise he gets for, I don't know, being MVP, leading the #1 ranked offense or making throws each week only a handful of QB's can make. Only praise based on simple facts like that is called hero worship, while calling out his committment and leadership based on zero is totally fine. Funny how those that say his haircut is more important than the team and he's a piss poor leader were nowhere to be found last night. Why is that ?? But they'll be back as soon as they can, spewing the same crap based on nothing. If you hate him, cool. If you hate he won't take less money, cool. If you hate his personality, cool. If you hate him because of his trip to Hawaii, cool. Just man up and say it, instead of hiding behind made up garbage.

It's not like this is the first time. We've been through this exact thing after fans ignored his knee injury and said he was washed up and selfish and only worried about his stats and throwing games. And the same fans that scream about leadership now insisted his career was over then. How did that turn out ???  Those fans will be right sooner or later as time catches up with everyone, and they will declare how they were right all along (and somehow fool themselves into thinking its true). But they haven't been right about a whole lot to date. They just happen to scream the loudest

It's not like he retired, non-retired, retrired,cried at a national press conference covering his retirement, sent dik pics to a young woman his daughter's age, retired again just so he could play with a hated rival on a personal vendetta against the Packers.

I mean, most forgave that, but Rodgers is insufferable!!! (sarcasm)

• Like 4

If you hate him, cool. If you hate he won't take less money, cool. If you hate his personality, cool. If you hate him because of his trip to Hawaii, cool. Just man up and say it, instead of hiding behind made up garbage.

But that's what everyone is already doing?

• Like 1

If you hate him, cool. If you hate he won't take less money, cool. If you hate his personality, cool. If you hate him because of his trip to Hawaii, cool. Just man up and say it, instead of hiding behind made up garbage.

This is me 100%. Rodgers preaches acquiring vet talent and the only way to get it is spend more $, yet he takes up a high % of the cap. He's a smart guy and knows how it works. 

13 hours ago, cannondale said:

Like Jordan Love ?

The people that hate him are the same ones who have been in the same position for the past 20 years, and see the new guy get promoted in 2 years, and then promoted again, and then promoted again, and are pissed off and jealous of that guy and the company because they dont respect seniority.  Theyre pissed off because his harder work is making them look bad.  People who work harder and do a better job get paid more.  People who get higher up the latter and are force multipliers have more influence in how things are run, and that is 1000 percent the real facts of life and how smart business is run.  

1 hour ago, HeresAGuy said:

The people that hate him are the same ones who have been in the same position for the past 20 years, and see the new guy get promoted in 2 years, and then promoted again, and then promoted again, and are pissed off and jealous of that guy and the company because they dont respect seniority.  Theyre pissed off because his harder work is making them look bad.  People who work harder and do a better job get paid more.  People who get higher up the latter and are force multipliers have more influence in how things are run, and that is 1000 percent the real facts of life and how smart business is run.  

The people that hate Jordan Love are these people?

On 9/28/2021 at 11:55 AM, HeresAGuy said:

Nice theory from a bygone era. 

In your scenario the 'new guy' is probably the CEO's son or nephew.

Every 're-org' I've seen gives more pay and less accountability for upper management.

The 'Creed of Greed' is the real fact of life.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:07 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sure, but the media and packer fans don't spend an inordinate amount of time fawning over Krys Barnes and accusing anyone who dares to criticize his play, of blaspheming. 

But doesn't it go exactly the same the other way.

Last summer, yourself and others spent an inordinate amount of time picking Rodgers apart and accusing anyone claiming Rodgers wasn't finished as naive or delusional. Its a bit hypocritical to complain about the media going OTT about anything positive when you did the same as reverse. 

Essentially people had to pick a side. Your attack on Rodgers and his fans last summer was probably the most sustained, relentless and aggressive as I've ever seen on a NFL forum. Ultimately it led to over-defence of Rodgers from people who would have been on the fence otherwise but felt compelled to defend him in response.

Essentially, its best to just enjoy the football and not worry too much about the other stuff - you can analyse it but no point getting personal which it clearly did with you and Rodgers last year. When I was younger in the UK I got blinkered about soccer players I hated (for soccer reasons) and did the same looking for every possible reason to criticise them.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 3:31 PM, Arthur Penske said:

This is me 100%. Rodgers preaches acquiring vet talent and the only way to get it is spend more $, yet he takes up a high % of the cap. He's a smart guy and knows how it works. 

The reality is that Rodgers knows you can fudge the cap with void years, backload contracts and kick cap down the road. He wants to win now. He's also fiercely loyal to players he has played with and trusts - clearly values locker room spirit. All of this is good. 

Its up to the GM to have balance. Clearly Rodgers should have been listened to more and part of the process but he isn't GM and will have different priorities to the GM and the reality is the kind of deals he wanted (like Cobb) weren't good for the Packers so that deal shouldn't have been signed.