Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

43 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

The reality is that Rodgers knows you can fudge the cap with void years, backload contracts and kick cap down the road. He wants to win now. He's also fiercely loyal to players he has played with and trusts - clearly values locker room spirit. All of this is good. 

Its up to the GM to have balance. Clearly Rodgers should have been listened to more and part of the process but he isn't GM and will have different priorities to the GM and the reality is the kind of deals he wanted (like Cobb) weren't good for the Packers so that deal shouldn't have been signed.

Rodgers wants the team to sacrifice wins in future years when he's retired so that they can win now while he's here. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This never happened

16 hours ago, R T said:

It's called building a (false) narrative. 

Never? Were we on different forums before MLF came around? There was a pretty common belief around here that 12 was close to done. Obviously that turned out to be very wrong.

Edited by Arthur Penske

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers wants the team to sacrifice wins in future years when he's retired so that they can win now while he's here. 

So what? What player really gives a **** about how the team performs after they leave? That's the GM's job.

The way Rodgers has done things this summer rubbed me the wrong way for sure, and I think his idea of getting more vets when he makes so much $ is unrealistic. But I can't blame a soon to be 38 year old HOFer for wanting to win now instead of caring about the 2027 Green Bay Packers Roster.

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Never? Were we on different forums before MLF came around? There was a pretty common belief around here that 12 was close to done. Obviously that turned out to be very wrong.

What he said: "AG (and others) accused anyone claiming Rodgers wasn't finished of being naive or delusional"

What actually happened: some posters posited that Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be as good as he previously was based on recent results.

Those are very, very different things.

Still waiting for a single example of AG (or anyone) calling someone "naive" or "delusional" for thinking Rodgers might not be finished.

22 hours ago, incognito_man said:

What he said: "AG (and others) accused anyone claiming Rodgers wasn't finished of being naive or delusional"

What actually happened: some posters posited that Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be as good as he previously was based on recent results.

Still waiting for a single example of AG (or anyone) calling someone "naive" or "delusional" for thinking Rodgers might not be finished.

I think this is down playing it quite significantly. Many thought 12 was toast from what I recall. 

I don't have any memory of what was said about others or really care, but things were far from all rosie towards 12 around here in 2018 is the point.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, incognito_man said:

This kind of thing we see all the time. Take an opposing argument and twist it to be just a bit more extreme so that your own argument seems more compelling than it actually is. This is tactics 101 on these kind of forums.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

This kind of thing we see all the time. Take an opposing argument and twist it to be just a bit more extreme so that your own argument seems more compelling than it actually is. This is tactics 101 on these kind of forums.

and in life

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

then it should be very straightforward to provide examples of his claim like I asked!

Sorry man, I have better things to do with my time than look for 3 year old FF posts. I waste enough on here the way it is. 

Edited by Arthur Penske