Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

I dont think there is any question he wants to stay.  Is he willing to do what it takes financially to make it happen??  Does he want to stay possibly without Adams??

I'm glad he's having fun with Chicago, it may have been the last time he plays there as a Packer.  

Edited by NFLGURU

To say this off season will be interesting is obviously an understatement. Some interesting tid bits being said, but I'm still leaning toward that ship already sailing. The off season "agreement," salary cap, and Gutes guy waiting in the wings all play a part in my guess. Rodgers calling out the FO doesn't help. Those things aren't forgotten quickly. And God help Gute if he's wrong.

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

To say this off season will be interesting is obviously an understatement. Some interesting tid bits being said, but I'm still leaning toward that ship already sailing. The off season agreement, salary cap, and Gutes guy waiting in the wings all play a part in my guess. And God help Gute if he's wrong.

If he goes, a lot of the fallout will depend on Loves performance.  Obviously, he won't be Rodgers but if he ends up like a Teddy Bridgwater type player is that enough??  

Its concerning this looks like a finance move rather than a Love is bursting at the seams at being a star move.  He might be but that will have to play out.  After 30 years are the Packer fans ready for mediocre QB play??  How patient will they be?

31 minutes ago, cannondale said:

To say this off season will be interesting is obviously an understatement. Some interesting tid bits being said, but I'm still leaning toward that ship already sailing. The off season "agreement," salary cap, and Gutes guy waiting in the wings all play a part in my guess. Rodgers calling out the FO doesn't help. Those things aren't forgotten quickly. And God help Gute if he's wrong.

winning cures everything

how this season ends will play a large part in how the future looks

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If he goes, a lot of the fallout will depend on Loves performance.  Obviously, he won't be Rodgers but if he ends up like a Teddy Bridgwater type player is that enough??  

Its concerning this looks like a finance move rather than a Love is bursting at the seams at being a star move.  He might be but that will have to play out.  After 30 years are the Packer fans ready for mediocre QB play??  How patient will they be?

Uncharted territory. Fans in the 70's and 80's were patient because they didn't know anything but losing. There's now a new generation of fans that know nothing but winning. While there are a majority in these forums that will support Rodgers exodus, there are 50 million casual fans out there who don't care about the salary cap, barely know who Gute is, and they speak loud. Who knows what could happen

I see no way Rodg is back, but if Love fails I think fans as a whole know more than to blame Gute for it in any way.  The numbers dictate reality, cap wise and age wise.  It is time.  

If Rodg is traded and Love fails we will do what the Cards did, draft another QB.

55 minutes ago, 15412 said:

….we will do what the Cards did, draft another QB.

The Vikings, Bears, Browns for decades, and several other teams around the league would like a word with you about that.

Few NFL teams have been lucky and hit on the first or second pitch.  Many more teams strike out several times at bat before either getting a hit or trading for one. 

13 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The Vikings, Bears, Browns for decades, and several other teams around the league would like a word with you about that.

Few NFL teams have been lucky and hit on the first or second pitch.  Many more teams strike out several times at bat before either getting a hit or trading for one. 

Definitely true but I think we have a coach and a system that could bring a good but not great talent up at QB. I’m not really even trying to think about it until this season wraps, but the moment the final whistle is blown (hopefully in a SB victory!) the speculation, including my own, will be out of hand. 

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Definitely true but I think we have a coach and a system that could bring a good but not great talent up at QB. I’m not really even trying to think about it until this season wraps, but the moment the final whistle is blown (hopefully in a SB victory!) the speculation, including my own, will be out of hand. 

Yeah, I was just sharing that it’s not just as easy as snap your fingers once, maybe twice, and you have a ten-plus year QB solution.  I guess I’m just setting the ‘expectation table’ that we might need to be more patient with finding our post Rodgers QB.  If it’s Love, awesome, and GB might not even miss a step.  If not, then Gute will keep trying until something works. Let’s just hope it doesn’t take 4 or 5 or 10 tries, lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Yeah, I was just sharing that it’s not just as easy as snap your fingers once, maybe twice, and you have a ten-plus year QB solution.  I guess I’m just setting the ‘expectation table’ that we might need to be more patient with finding our post Rodgers QB.  If it’s Love, awesome, and GB might not even miss a step.  If not, then Gute will keep trying until something works. Let’s just hope it doesn’t take 4 or 5 or 10 tries, lol.

We would be forced at some point to face the same reality no matter what.  As it is, based on cap and age of player, we are faced with it now.  It is what it is.  Nobody said it's an automatic but with that being said I think our FO is a tad better than most.  We will come up with another QB who is capable of high level play one way or another.  The QB will have a fine young O-Line to begin that journey with along with a stable of RB's.  Sure would be nice to also have the best WR in the NFL imo with us as well, not sure that is possible.

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

We would be forced at some point to face the same reality no matter what.  As it is, based on cap and age of player, we are faced with it now.  It is what it is.  Nobody said it's an automatic but with that being said I think our FO is a tad better than most.  We will come up with another QB who is capable of high level play one way or another.  The QB will have a fine young O-Line to begin that journey with along with a stable of RB's.  Sure would be nice to also have the best WR in the NFL imo with us as well, not sure that is possible.

Your prognostications fall into the “best laid plans” assumption.  I’m merely pointing out that it doesn’t always work out that way, regardless of how competent your FO is.  That is all.  But yeah, we’re facing that reality soon as you said.