Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

The whole thing is daft.

We have people who can't watch Packers any more because they hate Rodgers. There are a lot of pretty bad characters in the NFL. He hasn't killed anyone or raped anyone or beaten up his wife. He has just not taken a vaccine and talked some rubbish in the press. Anyone who can't watch Packers because of Rodgers needs to go away and get some perspective. The reality is if we got to know the Packers rosters there are plenty of players we probably wouldn't 'like'.

He's a bit of a pain in the backside, has an ego and a diva, its also annoying he probably cost us the game yesterday and wasted a brilliant defensive effort (although the ST can take dual credit for that). Its a bit silly to not be able to support him as QB because of that. 

Re the post above, no Packers fan I'm aware of is backing Rodgers for standing up to the woke thing. 

Love is a good prospect but Rodgers was MVP last year and will be a hall of fame first ballot entry.  If Rodgers plays well for the rest of the season then most people will just laugh this off (get that some will hold a grudge). If we could keep Rodgers next year I would although I think we have burnt our bridges cap wise. If Love is the guy next year then yesterday will have done a lot to prepare him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemike778 said:

The whole thing is daft.

We have people who can't watch Packers any more because they hate Rodgers. There are a lot of pretty bad characters in the NFL. He hasn't killed anyone or raped anyone or beaten up his wife. He has just not taken a vaccine and talked some rubbish in the press. Anyone who can't watch Packers because of Rodgers needs to go away and get some perspective. The reality is if we got to know the Packers rosters there are plenty of players we probably wouldn't 'like'.

He's a bit of a pain in the backside, has an ego and a diva, its also annoying he probably cost us the game yesterday and wasted a brilliant defensive effort (although the ST can take dual credit for that). Its a bit silly to not be able to support him as QB because of that. 

Re the post above, no Packers fan I'm aware of is backing Rodgers for standing up to the woke thing. 

Love is a good prospect but Rodgers was MVP last year and will be a hall of fame first ballot entry.  If Rodgers plays well for the rest of the season then most people will just laugh this off (get that some will hold a grudge). If we could keep Rodgers next year I would although I think we have burnt our bridges cap wise. If Love is the guy next year then yesterday will have done a lot to prepare him. 

There are so many straw men in this post it's like it came from a scarecrow factory. 

• Like 2

Rodgers is purportedly a very smart guy - probably has a pretty high IQ I'm sure.  But his EQ appears to be bottom basement and he has the emotionally stability of a child.  He's basically painted himself nicely into a league villain role, deserved or not, and that's what's going to follow him around at least for a while.  Winning another super bowl might change the minds of some but he's done enough damage to his reputation partly because he continues to see himself as the victim.

He'll have plenty of time to reflect on his behavior and personality after winning another super bowl and riding off into the sunset with Shaylene, but until then, just play the damn game (it's what he does extremely well) and spare us the platitudes.....dude.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Rodgers is purportedly a very smart guy - probably has a pretty high IQ I'm sure.  But his EQ appears to be bottom basement and he has the emotionally stability of a child.  He's basically painted himself nicely into a league villain role, deserved or not, and that's what's going to follow him around at least for a while.  Winning another super bowl might change the minds of some but he's done enough damage to his reputation partly because he continues to see himself as the victim.

He'll have plenty of time to reflect on his behavior and personality after winning another super bowl and riding off into the sunset with Shaylene, but until then, just play the damn game (it's what he does extremely well) and spare us the platitudes.....dude.

Speaking of Shailene, I just read her response to the media about this situation. Holy cringe. She responds like she's an angsty 14 year old.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2021 at 9:49 AM, incognito_man said:

No, those are the only intelligent people in the room. They understand that collective action against a badly behaving individual has been the human experience for hundreds of thousands of years and saying that someone who makes 10s of millions of dollars is "cancelled" is among the stupidest things in existence.

Collective action is right and good against those who won't comply with what I want.  They get what they deserve.

Cancel culture is not real.  Nothing to see here.  

Pick one.

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

I say brah on here now and then but it's me trying to imitate someone that actually talks like that lol

Brotatoe you gotta defend your insta, no cap. She's just spitting #facts to all the media rats. I know you know that brobot!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Collective action is right and good against those who won't comply with what I want.  They get what they deserve.

Cancel culture is not real.  Nothing to see here.  

Pick one.

Bet you felt so smart typing that up lol.

"Cancel culture" as used by many today is an ironic misapplication of their underlying belief that people they agree with should have freedom from consequence.

What you (and others) fail to recognize is that there is no such thing as freedom from consequence for the entirety of human history, and there never will be.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

"Cancel culture" as used by many today is an ironic misapplication of their underlying belief that people they agree with should have freedom from consequence.

What you (and others) fail to recognize is that there is no such thing as freedom from consequence for the entirety of human history, and there never will be.

True, but is the consequence correct, moral, and applied evenly across the board?  Just questions to ask when these situations arise.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Of course.   There are prisons, camps, forced reeducation, there is exile, people can be fired or not allowed to engage in commerce or banned from industries. 

Human history is full of good stuff both here and abroad, past, present and future.   I was just disagreeing where you were saying it wasn't real. 

I 100% agree with the consequences are real part.  It's just a matter of how far you are willing to go to enforce your will for the collective as you put it.