Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Whether you agree with Rodgers or not.  If you havent learned anything about the past offseason  KNOW THIS:

If you dont see Aaron Rodgers say it himself, dont believe quotes attached to him.   

I mean, he's a proven liar now too so we can extend this to:

If you see Aaron Rodgers say it, probably still don't believe it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry, many reasonable people aren't in the woke mob believe it or not .. far from it. 

Actually, the majority of people in the sound asleep "woke mod" are not reasonable.  Just the opposite, mostly easily led sheep.

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

That is what has surprised and disappointed me. Given how divisive it is, he should be smart enough to know it’s a hot button issue, and hire public relations advisors to craft a statement back in August that would have had less backlash.

I agree with the idea that people need to be free to make the decision that is right for them.   What is super frustrating to me as a physician is that people need good information to make good decisions, and throughout this pandemic there has been an enormous proliferation of bad information which is causing obvious harm to people.  Good information is not only diluted out by bad, it is actively attacked.  I shake my head wondering how we got to this point.

Good point.  I also agree with the idea that people need to be free to make the decision that is right for them.  What is super frustrating for me as an attorney is that people are getting good information from sources like the Cleveland Clinic and John Hopkins and a very detailed medical study by experts in the field from Israel that doesn't always match up with the politically chosen agenda.  I agree vaccinations and distancing are important, but so are therapeutics and natural immunity.  Along with if you really want to prevent this type of thing from happening again or lessening that possibility, to hold those responsible accountable.  That would be China.

Totally support Rodg's choice concerning the vaccination.  Do not support the choice he made when he made it look like he was by saying he was "immunized".  He should have been more clear, there was an attempt at deception there.  We all make mistakes, he should acknowledge that.

• Like 3

I'm not entirely sure what woke mob means but I kinda physically cringe every time I read the term. I just googled woke and it says "alert to injustice in society, especially racism" and for the life of me I'm unable to connect it in any meaningful way to the Rodgers situation. I tried substituting "woke" for its definition in Aaron's tirade but I don't think it works:

"I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob those who are alert to injustice in society, especially racism"

"I'm not some sort of anti-vax flat-earther. I'm somebody who's a critical thinker. I march to the beat of my own drum. I believe strongly in bodily autonomy. Not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture those who are alert to injustice in society, especially racism or some crazed group of individuals"

Edited by Packer_ESP
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RegretStergeR said:

Aaron’s gonna close out the year winning MVP, SB, SB MVP and then spend the whole off-season with Joe Rogan and Alex Jones. It’s gonna be on the news every day and everyone’s gonna have to see it and hear about it. It’s gonna be great. children alex GIF

Well.... more time to waste here in the offseason I guess 

48 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I'm not entirely sure what woke mob means but I kinda physically cringe every time I read the term. I just googled woke and it says "alert to injustice in society, especially racism" and for the life of me I'm unable to connect it in any meaningful way to the Rodgers situation. I tried substituting "woke" for its definition in Aaron's tirade but I don't think it works:

"I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob those who are alert to injustice in society, especially racism"

"I'm not some sort of anti-vax flat-earther. I'm somebody who's a critical thinker. I march to the beat of my own drum. I believe strongly in bodily autonomy. Not to have to acquiesce to some woke culture those who are alert to injustice in society, especially racism or some crazed group of individuals"

I like what you did there, and you nicely illustrated a point I made earlier that slamming anyone who is “woke” - in any context, but especially if you’re a member of a multi-ethnic team of individuals - is just mind-numbingly idiotic.

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

Actually, the majority of people in the sound asleep "woke mod" are not reasonable.  Just the opposite, mostly easily led sheep.

You have to be wide awake and exhibit critical thinking skills to understand what “woke” even means, not to mention understanding the correct context for when it should be used.

Ever since a certain political party start using it in a derogatory context, the unwoke folks throw it around mindlessly.  They have about the same minuscule understanding of what it’s means to be woke as they do the actual meaning of CRT and where it’s taught. You being an attorney might know this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Enlighten us.  What’s you’re meaning?

“Woke” can mean catering to a certain demographic to score virtue points to turn a profit. Corporations do this. 

Being “Woke” has meant a myriad of different things over the past 60 years.

Originally it started as a way to promote social activism, specifically, in the civil rights movement.

Over the past 15 years or so, corporations and politicians have been appropriating “Woke” to mean whatever benefits them...specifically, in turning profits or votes.

If you give “where did the term Woke come from” a Goog, you can find a plethora of articles.

Im pretty certain Rodgers meant “woke” in the way that is disingenuous.

Edited by n8ghee

14 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

“Woke” can mean catering to a certain demographic to score virtue points to turn a profit. Corporations do this. 

Being “Woke” has meant a myriad of different things over the past 60 years.

Originally it started as a way to promote social activism, specifically, in the civil rights movement.

Over the past 15 years or so, corporations and politicians have been appropriating “Woke” to mean whatever benefits them...specifically, in turning profits or votes.

If you give “where did the term Woke come from” you can find a plethora of articles.

Yep, so context is important, which is where the cringe factor routinely comes into play.  Someone hears their favorite TV news personality rail on about woke, and the next day they take to social media and rail on about something they don’t understand.  Same with CRT.  

Edited by Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Yep, so context isn’t important, which is where the cringe factor routinely comes into play.  Someone hears their favorite TV news personality rail on about woke, and the next day they take to social media and rail on about something they don’t understand.  Same with CRT.  

Quite the opposite, context is always important.

unless, of course, you box yourself by completely aligning with either party in our failing two party system. The two party system, that George Washington warned us about in his fair well address, leads most to not care about context.