Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

i didn't enjoy arod's contract negotiations but i have a lotta respect for everything this guys putting down right now

Huge yikes.

(Unless you mean something he said today I haven't see yet that atones for his blatant lies and misinformation previously)

4 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Quite the opposite, context is always important.

unless, of course, you box yourself by completely aligning with either party in our failing two party system. The two party system, that George Washington warned us about in his fair well address, leads most to not care about context.

That was a typo.  It was supposed to say context is important.  Of course it’s important.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Huge yikes.

(Unless you mean something he said today I haven't see yet that atones for his blatant lies and misinformation previously)

I wouldn't say it atones for them, I think he owned them. He said what he meant and he meant what he said. Take it or leave it, love him or hate him.

He doesn't care.

I gotta lotta respect for that, most people would have crumbled and backtracked. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

“I made some comments that people might have felt were misleading. And to anybody who felt misled by those comments, I take full responsibility for those comments,” Rodgers said.

Oh Aaron lol

Alright, step 1. Bare minimum statement. Good to see, but just barely respectful. He apologizes like a scorned teenage girl though lol.

• Like 1

To many “woke” refers to the social excesses of the left. I get that isn’t the origin of the term. But I’m sure everyone on the team knows there was nothing racially charged about his words. The same way they all knew he wasn’t vaccinated. They weren’t mislead. They are pretty much the only ones whose opinion should matter. And I doubt they care. It’s people that have no connection whatsoever to the situation that think they have some reason to be offended. I don’t see how some people get up and tie their shoes in the morning.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RegretStergeR said:

To many “woke” refers to the social excesses of the left. I get that isn’t the origin of the term. But I’m sure everyone on the team knows there was nothing racially charged about his words. The same way they all knew he wasn’t vaccinated. They weren’t mislead. They are pretty much the only ones whose opinion should matter. And I doubt they care. It’s people that have no connection whatsoever to the situation that think they have some reason to be offended. I don’t see how some people get up and tie their shoes in the morning.

Define "connection" and defend why only those people are impacted.

19 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Also neither he nor Tom Brady owes the public the truth. 

I think he would have been better served in August to say “I will not address questions about Covid vaccination or Covid protocols.   It is a divisive subject in general, so I am not going there.  I am here to talk about football.”

No lie there.  It is defendable based on him not owing the public information about his personal life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think he would have been better served in August to say “I will not address questions about Covid vaccination or Covid protocols.   It is a divisive subject in general, so I am not going there.  I am here to talk about football.”

No lie there.  It is defendable based on him not owing the public information about his personal life.

Hindsight is 20/20

• Like 1