Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What do you not understand about the fact that lower public trust in athletes is a good thing? Of course, KAJ depends on this public trust. He is a former athlete. 

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

What do you not understand about the fact that lower public trust in athletes is a good thing? Of course, KAJ depends on this public trust. He is a former athlete. 

Ok, you lost me on that one.  Why is lower public trust in athletes a good thing.

I get it, I am old, but by my outdated view, the acceptance of devaluing integrity and honorable behavior with the resulting loss of trust is a bad thing for society.

Why am I wrong?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leader said:

So State and Local regulations dont mean anything to you?

The court has ability to overrule laws.... They are still sorting out the mandate. Until then, the degree of autonomy each person has is still unclear (whether it is over their autonomy about a jab, or autonomy over shared air). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Ok, you lost me on that one.  Why is lower public trust in athletes a good thing.

I get it, I am old, but by my outdated view, the acceptance of devaluing integrity and honorable behavior with the resulting loss of trust is a bad thing for society.

Why am I wrong?

Authentic people are important role models. Professional athletes must live in a box to optimize their contracts. There are much better role models to be placed on milk cartons and such. 

• Like 2

Truth is, according to science...if your Jab is over 3 months old, you’re no safer to be around than someone who isn’t jabbed at all.

so are we going to mandate booster jabs every 3 months?

I mean, there’s a lot to unpack. And I’m not even getting into individual autonomy on the matter. Shame it was politicized, if it wasn’t, I bet the general public would be way more trustworthy towards it.

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Authentic people are important role models. Professional athletes must live in a box to optimize their contracts. There are much better role models to be placed on milk cartons and such. 

I think that is true, but I feel society needs to hold people to a standard, and dishonesty should be discouraged.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

Truth is, according to science...if your Jab is over 3 months old, you’re no safer to be around than someone who isn’t jabbed at all.

so are we going to mandate booster jabs every 3 months?

I mean, there’s a lot to unpack. And I’m not even getting into individual autonomy on the matter. Shame it was politicized, if it wasn’t, I bet the general public would be way more trustworthy towards it.

Disinformation

• Like 6