Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Overall, more of the same. Aaron passes on checkdowns to try and make plays downfield. Any evidence here of him deliberately not throwing to open receivers in his progression? No.

Wrong.  99% sure that third gif is third down.  You can literally see him look at Graham, THEN look to Adams even though Graham is open for a first down. 

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong.  99% sure that third gif is third down.  You can literally see him look at Graham, THEN look to Adams even though Graham is open for a first down. 

Ehh, it looks like A) Adams is the first read, and B) Graham is engaged with a defender when he does look at him. There's a bit of a window there to throw it to Graham when he gets open but the DL is chasing after him. Not as egregious as you're making it seem in * this * particular example.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

It's also the Atlanta game, we led by a comfortable margin most of that game. I'm OK with my QB being safe and punting with good chance to pin their offense inside their 10 when we have a nice lead.

Actual fault I find in the gifs.

Gif 1: 3 man route concept for what I imagine is either a 5 or 7 step drop, there's no outlet coming out of the backfield. This was meant to be a deep play. 5 rush for Miami, we have 7 in to block and still give up a pressure. Not going to win like that, we got exactly what we wanted with the safety biting on a shorter route and had a nice gain to MVS if Aaron isn't pressured.

Gif 2: Aaron being Aaron

Gif 3: That's just a crappy hitch by Adams who I feel is clearly the #1 read. If you want to see a nearly perfect hitch, just look to the bottom of the screen who I believe is ESB. Win outside, bust your *** like you're running the 9, shut it down in 3 steps or less and the ball should already be on the way. Adams is dancing too much, just release and go. You really shouldn't have to work to a 2nd read on a play with all hitches. If either Graham or EQ are the first read it's an easy 1st down completion.

22 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

2018 QB rankings with and without pressure from Football Outsiders, includes Rodgers
His numbers under pressure in 2018 weren't up to his standards

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/quarterbacks-and-pressure-2018

Man wasn't willing to stand in and take a hit to deliver a ball this year. That's the noticeable change from last year.

On 7/12/2019 at 5:19 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Man wasn't willing to stand in and take a hit to deliver a ball this year. That's the noticeable change from last year.

agreed

That being said -  I am ALL IN on Aaron Charles Rodgers in 2019

• Like 1

Good interview. Glad to hear him so focused on being coachable and on wanting to run the ball and on being open to change. Also glad to hear about Billy Turner being such a good fit. 

Now, him and Lafleur are gonna have to come up with maybe a little bit of extra line of scrimmage flexibility to take advantage of Aaron’s experience and quick processing skills and we might have a good fit here. 

Didn't watch the interview, only looked at the picture.

From this picture, I'd say that Rodgers looks really in shape this year.  Looking back a few years I see chipmunk cheeks.  No so anymore.  Also...just me or does he have large hands?  They almost look freakishly big for his body.

Thinking he put in a little more time on conditioning this off-season.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Didn't watch the interview, only looked at the picture.

From this picture, I'd say that Rodgers looks really in shape this year.  Looking back a few years I see chipmunk cheeks.  No so anymore.  Also...just me or does he have large hands?  They almost look freakishly big for his body.

Thinking he put in a little more time on conditioning this off-season.

Take time to watch the interview.  It is pretty revealing and you'll get a kick out of it.  

Yes, his hands look huge, which is a good thing when playing in a cold climate.  Brett has large hands like that.  If you see Aikman his hands are big claws too.  Most QBs do.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:53 PM, Arthur Penske said:

Such disgruntled. Much controversy 

*eagle during the interview. Top shelf

From listening to it all, I can’t believe people spun this to a negative. Classic summer offseason opinion-journalism.

• Like 1